Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235402 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #11925 on: October 31, 2016, 09:58:17 PM »
2-3 weeks back: An antique bank of electric sockets suddenly blows, and I'm left no power in any of the sockets. Fiddling with fusebox fails to make any difference, However, it tsoon becomes apparent that all the  sockets as well as a seemingly random few lights lights are on the same circuit, never mind what that lying labels say.  I call they  letting agent; they send an electrician. He replaces the sockets and gets the power back. However, my washing machine is now dead.

Last week:  I wake up Tuesday morning to find the power has gone again, same as before. Call letting Agent. Letting agent calls the deranged old bitch of an owner and she says she will send her own electrician. Grrr.
Tuersday afternoon, I notice that the combi boiler is leaking yet again. There's a big pool of water under it , and the pressuere gauge is almost zero. As usual, the occasional liitle rivulet runs into the electric underneath. Hmm. 
Wednesday morning, i call the Agent about the boiler, he says he'll call the deranged bitch. Aaargh. I say she still hasn't sent an electrician. And i now have to throw away two freezerloads of food. Eventually letting agenst relest, and send their own electrician round.
Sunday: the freaking kettle blows, possibly from overuse? I now have no hot water, no heating, no washing machine, no food in the freezers  and no kettle. But I do have power, supposing there's anything left to plug in.  The kettle tripped the fuses, but they switched back on OK *phew*
Today: finally the plumber arrives, determines that the boiler needs a part replaced and goes away, saying he'll be back tomorrow with the part.
I then have a serious word with my son about lack of contributions towards bills and stuff. And then he tells me he's just lost his job. *sigh*

Oh! And a friend picked me up a new kettle on his travels. But still, I am not in the best of moods.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:01:27 PM by Walkie »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11926 on: November 01, 2016, 06:47:11 PM »
Well crap. That's a hell of a bitch.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11927 on: November 01, 2016, 08:05:20 PM »

Yeah. I couldn't find the "Just one long bitch" thread.  :LOL:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11929 on: November 01, 2016, 08:56:18 PM »
That beats any bitches I may have for quite some time.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:14:45 PM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11930 on: November 02, 2016, 06:09:57 AM »
Goblin forgot :-\

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11931 on: November 02, 2016, 01:21:58 PM »

Yeah. I couldn't find the "Just one long bitch" thread.  :LOL:

Bloody hell, I'm sorry to hear about all this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11932 on: November 02, 2016, 01:23:01 PM »
Here it is. http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,19840.msg896554/topicseen.html#msg896554

It's the chronic bitches thread (now why does that always sound a bit kinky to me?), not the long bitches thread. :hahaha:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11933 on: November 02, 2016, 02:36:49 PM »
2-3 weeks back: An antique bank of electric sockets suddenly blows, and I'm left no power in any of the sockets. Fiddling with fusebox fails to make any difference, However, it tsoon becomes apparent that all the  sockets as well as a seemingly random few lights lights are on the same circuit, never mind what that lying labels say.  I call they  letting agent; they send an electrician. He replaces the sockets and gets the power back. However, my washing machine is now dead.

Last week:  I wake up Tuesday morning to find the power has gone again, same as before. Call letting Agent. Letting agent calls the deranged old bitch of an owner and she says she will send her own electrician. Grrr.
Tuersday afternoon, I notice that the combi boiler is leaking yet again. There's a big pool of water under it , and the pressuere gauge is almost zero. As usual, the occasional liitle rivulet runs into the electric underneath. Hmm. 
Wednesday morning, i call the Agent about the boiler, he says he'll call the deranged bitch. Aaargh. I say she still hasn't sent an electrician. And i now have to throw away two freezerloads of food. Eventually letting agenst relest, and send their own electrician round.
Sunday: the freaking kettle blows, possibly from overuse? I now have no hot water, no heating, no washing machine, no food in the freezers  and no kettle. But I do have power, supposing there's anything left to plug in.  The kettle tripped the fuses, but they switched back on OK *phew*
Today: finally the plumber arrives, determines that the boiler needs a part replaced and goes away, saying he'll be back tomorrow with the part.
I then have a serious word with my son about lack of contributions towards bills and stuff. And then he tells me he's just lost his job. *sigh*

Oh! And a friend picked me up a new kettle on his travels. But still, I am not in the best of moods.

One bright side to this.  You don't own the place.  Hopefully your rent won't be raised for the "improvements."
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11934 on: November 02, 2016, 04:37:43 PM »

Tuesday afternoon, I notice that the combi boiler is leaking yet again. There's a big pool of water under it , and the pressuere gauge is almost zero. As usual, the occasional liitle rivulet runs into the electric underneath. Hmm. 

One bright side to this.  You don't own the place.  Hopefully your rent won't be raised for the "improvements."
Ttrue, but the washing machine , spoled food etc were mine :(
Anyway...ooh! I'm shamelessly enjoying getting a bit of sympathy here.   Not something I get much of normally, especially not from aforementioned deranged landlady (Like i said elsewhere, she's also been harassing me over various weird ideas she has in her head. eg cos I supposedly ruined her - long-dead- scabby patch of grass by doing some gardening, and because I keep "imagining problems" such as boiler leaking.  )

Anyway...yesterday i had a bath for the first time in a week. That felt really good :)  BTW, as the plumber replaced one part, the pressure guage fell to bits in his hands and spurted water all over the place. Luckily he had a spare one in his van.  He says all boilers develop these sort of problems as they age, but it never happened to me before, nor to anyone else I know , not that it repeatedly springs a leak. plus it's only 8 years old, and it's meant to have a lifespan of 20 yrars. Is he talking bull or what?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:40:16 PM by Walkie »

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11935 on: November 02, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »

Not sure that's a bright side   :LOL: Of course I don't own the place. Nobody, but nobody,  owns these places AND lives in them( run-down inner-city victorian terraces, uncomfortably close to local yob-infested "University") . They buy them, charge some other sucker exhorbitant rent, live on the nicer side of town, and have paroxysms if you try to eat into their profit by asking 'em to make the place habitable.

On the other hand , we have one hellova housing crisis in Britain, so I should count myself lucky not to be on the street. Seriously. I'll have a bloody hard time finding somewhere else if she gives me marching orders.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11936 on: November 02, 2016, 06:41:52 PM »
Here it is. http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,19840.msg896554/topicseen.html#msg896554

It's the chronic bitches thread (now why does that always sound a bit kinky to me?), not the long bitches thread. :hahaha:
Long bitches sounds more kinky than chronic bitches.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11937 on: November 03, 2016, 05:26:57 PM »

Long bitches sounds more kinky than chronic bitches.
That would be Margaret, a girl I knew, from the local church youth group,  in in my teens.  It just popped into my head how she turned up at one meeting wearing a long skirt, and asked what we thought of it? The curate responded , somewhat pervingly,  "I like long women women in skirts". Yep, she was very tall and thin and not at all amused by his slip of the tongue. :LOL:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11938 on: November 04, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »
:eyebrows:

Pics or it didn't happen.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11939 on: November 04, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »
I just logged in to I2 and first thread I read, I find out that somebody I am deeply,madly in love with, that I fucking adore has been sectioned, and is in torment.

I am stuck here and cannot be by the side of this person, and to me, it feels like someone just stuck a knife in my stomach, twisted it, ripped it out and stamped on the bloody wound, before pouring salt into my cuts. I hurt, I hurt terribly and I am too far away to do a fucking thing for this person who I love. For I am separated by a great distance, and I don't even know if she is aware I love her :(

Fuck. I hurt.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.