Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232389 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #11745 on: September 01, 2016, 04:17:12 AM »
  Heeeeeeeeere comes another hot flash!  :melt:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11746 on: September 01, 2016, 08:53:19 AM »
Heat index is predicted to be about 110 degrees today.  I'm staying inside.  No A/C in the car.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11747 on: September 01, 2016, 11:31:26 AM »
Had to go back to the docs surgery twice today, because on monday they shorted me 7 of my antiseizure med. Not a major issue really as long as I DID get it, because I had enough to compensate for the bank holiday they were closed, and just take more from those in the pot I WAS given, collect the rest later to make up the numbers. Went in early, as they already knew I needed them but the damn script hadn't been done. Annoyingly had to wait until 4:30pm before collecting what I was due, because the doc hadn't signed it off or some crap like that.

Oh well. some dipropionylmorphine soon will be more than compensating for the delay. A quick extraction into methanol, then an acylation here, an acylation there...and there we go :D

Plus, I DID find a chunk of roofing lead had fallen down off the roof. So that can be the price, in compensation for the delay.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11748 on: September 02, 2016, 04:22:06 PM »
Sore from climbing up and down off of scaffolding all day
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #11749 on: September 02, 2016, 09:51:08 PM »
At this point, I have to have ice on my back all day just to numb it. Still haven't gotten full use of my left arm/hand following second neck surgery and both remain quite atrophied. In a funny way, the same can be said of my right leg, which was my dominant one, but is now skinnier and weaker following two more surgeries, including having the ACL redone again. Gut doesn't work, so that's a daily adventure. And now I have recurring blurred vision and/or double vision that they aren't sure why either is occurring. When I say blurry, I actually mean beyond just glasses and actually being unable to focus at all for long periods of time. Of course, now I just feel like a doosh whining. There are certainly many far worse off than me.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 07:33:53 AM by Trigger 11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11750 on: September 03, 2016, 02:16:22 AM »
:(

Wishing you better.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #11751 on: September 06, 2016, 06:27:57 PM »
I just have to get the oil changed again to the correct one ASAP.
The oil as it is would be too thick in the morning at start up, and not thick enough when the engine gets heated up (through erm 'spirited' use of the car).

In other words they used 10w-30??

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11752 on: September 06, 2016, 06:59:47 PM »
I just have to get the oil changed again to the correct one ASAP.
The oil as it is would be too thick in the morning at start up, and not thick enough when the engine gets heated up (through erm 'spirited' use of the car).

In other words they used 10w-30??

If I remember right...what they dump in everything these days 5w30.

Manual actually called for 40 weight (0w40). 

Actually haven't seen that in years or anything that calls for it besides my old Honda mower, might be why they didn't have it.   

I remember 10w40 in the summer and 10w30 in the winter in the VW, changed spring and fall and sometimes in between if I ran it really hard (no filter)...and every time you changed it you usually bathed in it.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11753 on: September 06, 2016, 09:35:28 PM »
Aaand, now I feel like crap again. Time for bed.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11754 on: September 06, 2016, 10:29:56 PM »
Aaand, now I feel like crap again. Time for bed.

Hope you get some sleep and feel better tomorrow.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11755 on: September 09, 2016, 10:56:10 PM »
So after some more investigation, it looks like I might have a coolant issue with the AC Unit in my basement. I have had to turn it off and it is hot as that imaginary place snowballs have no chance in. Anyway, it appears that the coils inside the unit are frozen and THAT is what caused the water to accumulate on the basement floor as it condensated and then dripped down the side of the unit. Been keeping towels around it on the floor. Now just trying to come up with solutions to prevent the water from ever doing this again if this does happen again or the pump breaks. Because of the car, I was pushing out calling for service until Monday, since the credit card clears Saturday. Really hoping it is just general service and adding some coolant. With my recent luck, they will say that the entire unit needs replacing. It is the original unit from when the house was built in 1999. More than a few people have said I am on borrowed time with it, but that is just a sad commentary on how poorly things are made these days and the complacent attitude the customer base has in our society.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11756 on: September 10, 2016, 01:12:25 AM »
If the coolant line is frozen why not rig up a jacket round it, like the outer layer of a laboratory condenser, and run water through it, warm enough to melt the whatever is used as coolant?

And could you use a TENS electrostimulation machine on the atrophied musculature? that way it might help prevent further atrophy, if you can't fully use it yet due to spinal nerve issues?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11757 on: September 10, 2016, 01:27:13 AM »
Right now I am already exhausted, grumpy, tired, fucking pissed off, postictal and generally fuming whilst there is no specific target to fume AT.

I have a headache, I feel like my brain just got pulled out, covered in butter, tossed in a frying pan, fed to one of the rotting ambulant dead, shat out by same in a flurry of chunky diarrhea with hunks of rotting anal ring slopping about in it, and dumped back in my skull.

And to add to that my mother died (doesn't bother me, its good she is finally dead) but there is tons of stress with associated bollocks like the funeral to come (and LAST funeral I had to go to ended up with my getting such an awful case of food poisoning that I ended up in the ER, and ending up back in hospital the day after being discharged, where I collapsed in the toilets and honestly thought that very few minutes, that my ticket was getting punched and I was about to die. No exaggeration, no fucking joke, I thought I was going to die in that godsdamned bog cubicle, like a far lankier, stringier version of elvis without the massive drug habit.)

Oh and I've got a chemical burn on my thumb, I stepped in something viciously corrosive that ate a patch of skin and flesh about the diameter and length of a chicken egg off the sole, because due swelling and oedema I had no option but to work in the lab barefoot, must have spilled something, and something fucking nasty at that, either thionyl chloride, benzoyl chloride, propionyl chloride or very, very concentrated hydriodic acid. Also got phosphorus (red) ingrained as a stain on a bunch of my fingers, not painful, doesn't burn, nontoxic but bloody difficult to get out plus some unidentified black stains on one of my hands and brownish orange iodine stains on the other from having to move a large container full of iodine, Generally NOT a very happy bunny right now. More like a hot-cross-bun-ny that thinks oestara can go fuck itself in the ass this year.

And to cap it all off, I just went to use my e-fag, after examining the progress made on the alpha-chloromorphide front, but must have got some on my thumb/finger because I've got one seriously bitter, pretty nasty taste in my mouth now.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 01:29:02 AM by Lestat »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11758 on: September 10, 2016, 01:59:56 AM »
My back hurts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11759 on: September 10, 2016, 07:41:32 AM »
So after some more investigation, it looks like I might have a coolant issue with the AC Unit in my basement. I have had to turn it off and it is hot as that imaginary place snowballs have no chance in. Anyway, it appears that the coils inside the unit are frozen and THAT is what caused the water to accumulate on the basement floor as it condensated and then dripped down the side of the unit. Been keeping towels around it on the floor. Now just trying to come up with solutions to prevent the water from ever doing this again if this does happen again or the pump breaks. Because of the car, I was pushing out calling for service until Monday, since the credit card clears Saturday. Really hoping it is just general service and adding some coolant. With my recent luck, they will say that the entire unit needs replacing. It is the original unit from when the house was built in 1999. More than a few people have said I am on borrowed time with it, but that is just a sad commentary on how poorly things are made these days and the complacent attitude the customer base has in our society.

Some have provisions for a drain and you can run a small pvc line to the nearest floor drain, or you might need a tray installed and line run like they do with most heat pumps.

Probably low on coolant and needs bumped you could have a small leak or it's just time for a top off, when they start freezing up they're overworking and that's normally why, it's an easy fix but not cheap. The price of refrigerant has went crazy in the last few years.

Make sure the lines that need wrapped are wrapped, and if you leave the basement windows open, because maybe you don't need the air there since it's getting cooler out, close them. The humidity in the outside air will just contribute to the problem and make it sweat more and in turn freeze up faster. 

Yep, my entire system needs replaced eventually. It's limping along so far and hasn't completely blown up yet. It was installed in the later part of 1993.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:46:20 AM by Icequeen »