Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233093 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #11715 on: August 24, 2016, 10:20:02 AM »
Whilst I must confess, the terms regarding engine oil are to me, esoteric and a complete mystery to me; they might as well be ancient greek (although I might well actually be able to understand it in which case)..chinese, then. 

I understand just enough to know that shorting you on the oil is taking the absolute piss. That's like sticking their knob through your letterbox, urinating then asking you to extract it from your carpet, distil off the piss-extraction solvent used, then mail back the piss, and a that YOU paying the shipping for said piss and the electricity bill for powering the heating mantle or hotplate used to heat the still, the power to run the vac pump and even for vac pump oil. Do you actually mean that they put in less than they told you they had so done? because that is not only inexcusable but is outright fraud. If that were me? I would demand that they give you the oil that they lied over and fraudulently told you they were putting in. And if they attempt to wriggle out of it, do it. Sue them. Not only that but put the word out online to the effect that they are liars, thieves and fraudsters, and that they are currently the subject of a criminal court case for committing fraud and obtaining money by false pretences.

If they dishonestly fuck with you like that, defraud you and try to rip you off, ruin them.

And should I indulge in drinking and eating those perennial favourite treats of mine, tinned grapefruit segments in grapefruit juice, and cartons of  grapefruit juice with the pulp and the bits left in the juice, those contain flavonoids, terpenoids and such that serve as not just an overseer and his whip, but an entire squad of particularly foul-tempered, brutally sadistic overseers with not just whips but electric shock prods
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11716 on: August 24, 2016, 07:46:20 PM »
  Restless legs again!   :GA: :lemur:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11717 on: August 24, 2016, 11:17:10 PM »
I got a message from my ex best friend saying how unsupportive I was about her self harm. Hell, she nearly topped herself a few times doing it, I was beside myself with worry. She kept saying how she would never do it again and then she would do it again.

She also said in this message how much she and her family had done for me so I had not only hurt her, but her family too. Geez.

I would like to reply but I don't know what to say.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11718 on: August 25, 2016, 12:08:31 AM »
::) Hand her a razor blade. What a c***.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11719 on: August 25, 2016, 12:09:36 AM »
Eye infection still going strong. Sick of this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11720 on: August 25, 2016, 02:19:49 AM »
Ren hun, buy yourself a bottle of your favourite liquor, whatever that might be.

Drink it. Enjoy your liquor.

Take the bottle outside, and whack it against a brick wall or something similarly tough, hard and resistant. Snap end off bottle.

Download the pages of Gray's anatomy covering major bodily arteries (carotid, femoral, popliteal will do just fine), print it off.

Send the broken, jagged bottle edge attached to the neck still so as to serve for a handle in a package, including the pictorial guide to the major arteries to the attentionwhoring, guilt-tripping manipulative stupid little tossweasel.

Sit back with another bottle of booze, keep this one in the fridge so its nice and cold by the time you've finished mailing minge-features her present, sip at leisure and relax.

Maybe include a birthday card with the words 'birthday gift in advance, please make sure you don't have another one',
'yours hoping to see you soon, XXX. Sue. I. Cide'

What a manipulative, borderlinesque, snidey, pathetic, spineless little twatsniff.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:21:37 AM by Lestat »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11721 on: August 25, 2016, 05:21:36 AM »
Joint pain in both knees and left ankle
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11722 on: August 25, 2016, 05:25:44 AM »
Just answered the door, took delivery of something or other for my old man.

Then checked the mail (theres more than one item) for either of a couple of orders of reagents I am eagerly awaiting. Not there yet.

I imagine as soon as they get one of my packages the mail delivery depot will more or less turd out a kidney in eagerness to get the parcel to me in double-the-fucking-hell quick time, as they really won't be happy if it has to spend an attosecond longer than it absolutely physically must in either the main sorting office or their delivery vans. Its 6 bottles containing several hundred grams of an alkanethiol!! (mercaptan)

Whilst it wasn't at all intended as a prank and this particular one is a fairly long-chain alkyl mercaptan,   so should be less volatile than the really low weight ones and as such have somewhat less of a stench, its not at all that unlikely there will be some traces of lower weight thiols in there as synthesis side products/impurities at trace level. And that is ALL thats needed to give the stuff a weapons-grade kind of atrocious, teeth-curling, extraordinarily persistent,  long-ranged and terribly long-ranged stench, that clings to anything it gets near.

When the order arrives, I am not even going to open the cardboard box those bottles come in outside a sealed glovebox, Put it that way. Its THAT bad. Actually, its worse, by a LONG way, worse doesn't even get a look in.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11723 on: August 25, 2016, 06:19:13 AM »
Whilst I must confess, the terms regarding engine oil are to me, esoteric and a complete mystery to me; they might as well be ancient greek (although I might well actually be able to understand it in which case)..chinese, then. 

I understand just enough to know that shorting you on the oil is taking the absolute piss. That's like sticking their knob through your letterbox, urinating then asking you to extract it from your carpet, distil off the piss-extraction solvent used, then mail back the piss, and a that YOU paying the shipping for said piss and the electricity bill for powering the heating mantle or hotplate used to heat the still, the power to run the vac pump and even for vac pump oil. Do you actually mean that they put in less than they told you they had so done? because that is not only inexcusable but is outright fraud. If that were me? I would demand that they give you the oil that they lied over and fraudulently told you they were putting in. And if they attempt to wriggle out of it, do it. Sue them. Not only that but put the word out online to the effect that they are liars, thieves and fraudsters, and that they are currently the subject of a criminal court case for committing fraud and obtaining money by false pretences.

If they dishonestly fuck with you like that, defraud you and try to rip you off, ruin them.

And should I indulge in drinking and eating those perennial favourite treats of mine, tinned grapefruit segments in grapefruit juice, and cartons of  grapefruit juice with the pulp and the bits left in the juice, those contain flavonoids, terpenoids and such that serve as not just an overseer and his whip, but an entire squad of particularly foul-tempered, brutally sadistic overseers with not just whips but electric shock prods

That's the strange bit they didn't lie about anything, the oil they used was right there on the invoice. They just assumed I would be too ditsy about this stuff to know about oil and the one my car is supposed to use. They put in the right amount (6.6L), just an oil with the wrong weight or viscosity. Based on my own shopping for the right oil, the wrong oil was also about $70 cheaper than the one they're supposed to use. The service was fixed price so the lesser cost/money saving of the oil they used was never passed down to me. They just charged extra for labour to make up the difference. I hate to think what oil filter they used, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has a Kia or Ford logo on it.

So in effect I've been ripped off $70 due to the cheaper oil used + $165 for the oil I now have to buy to rectify this + the cost of a Mopar oil filter at full RRP ~$36 (inorite, in the US you can get them at Walmart for $6!!). Fuck going anywhere, I'm gonna do the oil change myself!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11724 on: August 25, 2016, 06:25:04 AM »
  Just realized that the coffee I've been drinking at home for days is the "lite" kind, with
  half the caffeine.  As Jesse Pinkman once said, I don't know how I could be so stupid!  :fp:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 06:26:36 AM by "couldbecousin" »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11725 on: August 25, 2016, 06:33:42 AM »
Have you made a complaint yet? because you should. Make them pay the difference between what they put in and what you need. Did you ask for something specific and then get given something other than what you told them to put in?

No matter, they did things wrong, they fucked up. Your financial loss is THEIR problem, not yours. And if you haven't, yet, then MAKE it their problem.e

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11726 on: August 25, 2016, 07:05:10 AM »
Have you made a complaint yet? because you should. Make them pay the difference between what they put in and what you need. Did you ask for something specific and then get given something other than what you told them to put in?

No matter, they did things wrong, they fucked up. Your financial loss is THEIR problem, not yours. And if you haven't, yet, then MAKE it their problem.e

We did ring ask the dealer why they put the wrong oil in and their response was "we didn't have any 0w40 oil and it was too expensive at the auto parts store down the road anyway"

They should have known what the right oil was ('right' oil as in, the one the car manufacturer states you should put in). It's stated right there on the engine cap, its right there in the owners manual too. If one takes their Chrysler to a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer one should have reasonable expectation that they would know what oils go in which vehicles, and not only that one would expect that they use them as well. They knew what oil was meant to be used but deliberately didn't use it.

We've since complained to Chrysler head office and they're due to call back tomorrow.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11727 on: August 25, 2016, 08:00:12 AM »
That was my thought, as to the main reasoning they did it...they didn't have it in stock.

40 weight oil isn't commonly used like it was 20-30 years or so ago. Just about everything calls for 5w30 now.

Take in your own oil and filter if getting it changed somewhere else...many people frequently do that because they want certain filters or a certain brand of oil. 

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11728 on: August 25, 2016, 08:51:32 AM »
Not possessing it is reasonable, to a small degree. They should have waited. Or if you were unwilling to wait, and needed it right then and there, then they should have gone and got some. Sod what it costs them. Let them go and bugger themselves.

I know too well what its like IQ, I've had a pretty similar problem, when I want solvents usually, and want them NOW.

Worst was when I needed acetone and all that was available was crappy nail varnish remover. That needed first to be dried, then distilled over dessicant, the distillate collected and redistilled to remove, basically, crap. Ethers are another one.

Wanted diethyl ether, or diisopropyl ether before and whilst I can simply place an order with my supplier for either of those solvents easily, I would have to wait for them to be shipped. And I needed the solvents (back at the time, not right now this minute) not in several days, not even shipped express, but THEN AND THERE,, right NOW, with a flask ready to receive the ether and me ready and waiting to perform the reaction I had in mind. So I wasn't about to wait, and had then to go to an auto supplies store and buy as many cans of cold-start fluid as possible, as they are mostly diethyl ether, one brand being diethyl and diisopropyl ether, with some heptane and a trace of high-boiling cylinder head lubricant grease/thick, heavy oil. The one with diisopropyl ether in it also contains alcohol and acetone too, So I had to buy those, drain the cans, and spend  quite some time doing a fractional distillation to separate the contents by distillation at their several respective boiling points until I had clean solvent to use, free from other ingredients, and then dry it too.

Its not pricy, and means I can get hold of diethyl ether without having to MAKE it, either by dripping ethanol into hot, concentrated sulfuric acid and distilling off the ether as it forms, or by reacting ethyl iodide (made by refluxing ethanol and powdered iodine and distilling) with an alkoxide, prepared by reacting more of said alcohol as is being turned into the ether in question, with an alkali metal such as metallic potassium or sodium. Expensive, uses precious reagents and generally a nuisance. The latter method is known as a Williamson synthesis. Works well but expensive to do, especially if one needs large volumes, in which case the sulfuric acid dehydration-condensation is more appropriate and far cheaper.

But it needs boiling concentrated sulfuric, which is somewhat nasty stuff.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11729 on: August 26, 2016, 05:59:44 PM »
Ew! post-ictal shitty. Ew! (ahem, credits go to kassiane S for the amusing name, she shouldn't mind me...borrowing it.)

God I HATE seizures in my sleep. Kinda causes a partial wake-up (in me at least) along with first myoclonic then atonic seizures. Makes me keep dropping, head keeps falling, only for me to pick it back up and it happens again. And worst of all maybe aside from the dropping when I loose muscle tone, I always get the absolute worst of nightmares too during it, and with the time dilation even a short time seems to feel like ages.

And it makes me constantly drop my arm when I become aware enough to try and fight my way out of the paralysis and start reaching for meds to bring the bastard things to a reasonably prompt end.

I just had one, and christ, the PTSD-connected nightmare that came with it...its been almost an hour or thereabouts and I'm still shaking.