Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231103 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #11655 on: August 11, 2016, 12:32:19 PM »
my mother has no grounded outlets in her co-op. it's an old building. she's been here over 25 years. she should have had it done. but now there will be no air conditioning because there is no place to plug one in.

Get a cheater plug.

They look like this:

http://www.target.com/p/ge-grounding-adapter-polarized-2-pk

Not the best solution, check and make sure the cord doesn't heat up with it...but it will work.
The link didn't want to work so try this one
Link

I have a bunch of those and also the ones that screw into light sockets to get an outlet from it for working on older houses.  The little green tab is suppose to be attached to the outlet with the screw for the cover plate in theory grounding it.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11656 on: August 11, 2016, 11:05:47 PM »
thanks. i will see what i can find tomorrow. there is a really good hardware store around the corner from here. she claims she's used it before but the cord doesn't even reach the wall. i am going to get a heavy duty extension cord to go with the adapter. i used something similar in florida when the outlet near the air conditioner failed.

anything would be better than this. all i do is sleep, wake up with my lungs burning and go back to sleep.
some relief with the rain, though.

missed my seminar because i was sleeping. now have extra homework.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11657 on: August 12, 2016, 02:10:14 AM »
Thats ridiculous. Can't she first try sneaking through a window in the back of the building, such as a toilet window, or at least attempt to find a back door before paying? Or just cause a disturbance somehow for a distraction?

Ammonium polysulfide should do the trick. Take some ammonia solution (weak over the counter crap will work for this), get some caustic soda, some ammonium sulfate from a garden center, the sodium hydroxide might need to come from a DIY store, the ammonia water should be findable there too. Rig up a bottle with a tube and cork that fits. Mix some dry caustic soda prills, caustic potash (potassium hydroxide, KOH) will do the trick too), the rubber tubing goes through a hole drilled in the cork, and then add a little water to the mixture of ammonium sulfate and caustic, which should be intimately mixed. This will cause the stronger base (the alkali metal hydroxide) to displace the weaker one (NH3) from the salt, leaving sodium or potassium sulfate and ammonia gas, this passes through the tube, and into the aqua ammonia, to concentrate it as much as possible.

And take agricultural sulfur, known as flowers of sulfur, or it can be found at pet shops and vetinary type outlets that cater to the public, in the form known as roll sulfur, basically round cast sticks of S, this should be ground, however agricultural sulfur is a powder usually, found sometimes also in sulfur candles intended for fumigating greenhouses, Fuze this with metal turnings, doesn't matter a great deal what. iron filings will work alright, using a blowtorch (releases lots of sulfur dioxide, unless you get a tank of welding argon, just cheap disposable ones, those aren't expensive, or CO2 or nitrogen, both cheaper), you could also melt sulfur onto lots of wire wool if you can't find filings, better would be to order some powdered iron on ebay, OR, best of all take caustic soda, and powdered sulfur and heat them together to give sodium hydrosulfide. Do this outside as when NaHS gets wet.

Then react the hydrosulfide with the strong ammonia solution, just mix and leave to sit and stew in a container, OUTSIDE.
This will create ammonium polysulfide, a yellowish, oily looking liquid. And it STINKS something heinous. Be aware that the rxn of the sodium hydrosulfide with ammonia solution will release hydrogen sulfide, do not breath it in or allow to come gusting up at the face, it is very toxic if inhaled. So when opening the container, after its been stewing until its needed, keep your face away, hold breath, do it outside and retire a bit, away from the open container to let any H2S blow away. The ammonium polysulfides can then be decanted and put in a sealed container. A little glass bottle would be ideal, and this poured on the floor near the entrance. Will distract people pretty damn well because of the putrid stench of rotting eggs and sewer-fumes it gives off, with acidic and acrid undertones. A pretty effective stinkbomb.

Or, you could do the exact same process but order some selenium on ebay. Don't use tellurium, because that would leave innocent bystanders contaminated for a long time and terribly, awfully. People have actually killed themselves after becoming contaminated and getting tellurium-breath, but to the best of my knowledge its specific to tellurium. Tiny quantities of Te absorbed will do that. But where sulfurous things smell bad, the equivalent selenium compound will smell absolutely gutwrenchingly, brutally, teeth-meltingly, toenail-knottingly hideously shit-your-britches noxious.

I don't know what that is or what you were explaining to me. Did that relate to my daughter and her formal?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11658 on: August 12, 2016, 11:25:50 PM »
A recipe for an atrociously foul stinkbomb. To skip the admittance fee. If everyone is busy chasing after the source of the stench then they can't be robbing people in broad fucking daylight.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11659 on: August 13, 2016, 12:11:29 AM »
A recipe for an atrociously foul stinkbomb. To skip the admittance fee. If everyone is busy chasing after the source of the stench then they can't be robbing people in broad fucking daylight.

Oh okay. I think she will love the formal but I need to pay it and do the same in another two years. Then I suppose if she gets married.....That will not happen until she is 45. :)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11660 on: August 13, 2016, 11:38:14 PM »
went to the summer house to get clothes i left there. there were mostly winter things so all i got was a couple of t-shirts. there was a pair of egyptian cotton dress pants but somehow moths got to them even though they were in a suitcase. nothing else seemed to have holes eaten in it.

i was hoping that i had left my favorite shoes down here but it looks like the movers really did steal them. they were merrell shoes given to me by my ex. looks like $100 to replace them.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11661 on: August 14, 2016, 03:24:37 AM »
I'm exhausted.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11662 on: August 14, 2016, 06:01:40 AM »
Not looking forward to the networking class tomorrow because I feel so dumb in it. My memory (or lack of) is really giving me problems.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11663 on: August 14, 2016, 07:51:17 AM »
I think I might be sick. Not feeling well at all. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11664 on: August 14, 2016, 08:43:12 AM »
Not looking forward to the networking class tomorrow because I feel so dumb in it. My memory (or lack of) is really giving me problems.

i feel your pain. i feel overwhelmed by psychology undergraduate level work and i have a phd in psychology. i have a lot of homework to do today and not looking forward to it.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11665 on: August 14, 2016, 08:45:20 AM »
I think I might be sick. Not feeling well at all. :-\

Get some rest.  :(
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11666 on: August 14, 2016, 08:46:32 AM »
Formal costs are SO expensive. Hopefully she becomes a Millionaire when she is older and keeps Dad very comfortable in retirement

I hear the kids at work talking about their prom expenses.  Everything's so costly these days.  :zombiefuck:

I have the dress, shoes, bag, and have saved for the jewelry and make up. Still need to save for the hair, limo and the $150 bloody admittance.

Three words; After. School. Job :thumbup:

Hopefully the limo hire cost will be shared with her friends. If I lived down your way I'd happily give them a free ride in my snazzy Chrysler sedan :)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11667 on: August 14, 2016, 09:02:56 AM »
Lost power last night for a couple hours have to reset most of the clocks
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11668 on: August 14, 2016, 10:53:45 AM »
Formal costs are SO expensive. Hopefully she becomes a Millionaire when she is older and keeps Dad very comfortable in retirement

I hear the kids at work talking about their prom expenses.  Everything's so costly these days.  :zombiefuck:

I have the dress, shoes, bag, and have saved for the jewelry and make up. Still need to save for the hair, limo and the $150 bloody admittance.

Three words; After. School. Job :thumbup:

Hopefully the limo hire cost will be shared with her friends. If I lived down your way I'd happily give them a free ride in my snazzy Chrysler sedan :)

Boys are so much cheaper.

Rent tux.
Buy flowers.

Kid went to his first formal a couple years back at the insistence of his dad and my MIL that fixed him up with a date.

Mom kept saying "bad idea" but of course WTF do I know?

Total fucking nightmare, my heart still aches thinking about it.
He now has zero interest in ever repeating the process.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11669 on: August 15, 2016, 05:46:12 AM »

i feel your pain. i feel overwhelmed by psychology undergraduate level work and i have a phd in psychology. i have a lot of homework to do today and not looking forward to it.
And I feel your pain. I enjoyed psychology work except for when I left things until the last minute. That sucked.

Why are you doing undergraduate level work?

Today we made a web server on a virtual machine with two other virtual machines running at the same time. Running XP certainly brought back memories.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae