Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231906 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #11160 on: April 18, 2016, 03:25:27 PM »
I was finished my taxes and had a tiny refund, and then found out the online tax software glitched and dropped one of my W-2s (it was while it was calculating my standard deduction, of all things). Since it didn't show me my income until I printed the return, I didn't realize the error. Now I have to file an amended return and will have to cut them a check instead of getting money back.

Technically I will get a big refund and then have to get back most of it, but forms defeat me and this means more forms. Pain in the neck.

Not surprisingly, the call center is bogged down with calls. Could just be panicky last minute filers, but I wonder how many others had this issue?

AAAAARRRRCCHHHH!!!

Forms are horrible. And panic inducing by default for me.

* waits till Wolfie has calmed down enough to scratch his neck *
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11161 on: April 18, 2016, 03:55:19 PM »
I was finished my taxes and had a tiny refund, and then found out the online tax software glitched and dropped one of my W-2s (it was while it was calculating my standard deduction, of all things). Since it didn't show me my income until I printed the return, I didn't realize the error. Now I have to file an amended return and will have to cut them a check instead of getting money back.

Technically I will get a big refund and then have to get back most of it, but forms defeat me and this means more forms. Pain in the neck.

Not surprisingly, the call center is bogged down with calls. Could just be panicky last minute filers, but I wonder how many others had this issue?

AAAAARRRRCCHHHH!!!

rr-rr-rr-rr-rr-rr
I reserve the right to purr like a kitten when scratched.

I'm actually calm since they still will owe me money. I just don't want the hassle of the extra forms and numbers, which I have already been working on.
The H&R Block software directed my call to Canada H&R Block even though I called the U.S. number. I waited 25 minutes to find that out.

I opted for chat when I got through to the direct U.S. number.
I am #86 in the queue with an average wait time of 27 minutes.
No way am I going to stress about this. Life is too short to stress about a refund.

My hope is that H&R will be able to file the amended return without a fee. If not, I will mail it myself and spread the word that their software is untrustworthy. Unless they can explain how it got to the deductions part and decided then to drop one of my W-2s. I just don't get that. I've used their software for going on five years and never had that happen before.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11162 on: April 18, 2016, 03:58:51 PM »
  Not loving these hot flashes.  :melt:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11163 on: April 18, 2016, 04:31:12 PM »

AAAAARRRRCCHHHH!!!

rr-rr-rr-rr-rr-rr
I reserve the right to purr like a kitten when scratched.

I'm actually calm since they still will owe me money. I just don't want the hassle of the extra forms and numbers, which I have already been working on.
The H&R Block software directed my call to Canada H&R Block even though I called the U.S. number. I waited 25 minutes to find that out.

I opted for chat when I got through to the direct U.S. number.
I am #86 in the queue with an average wait time of 27 minutes.
No way am I going to stress about this. Life is too short to stress about a refund.

My hope is that H&R will be able to file the amended return without a fee. If not, I will mail it myself and spread the word that their software is untrustworthy. Unless they can explain how it got to the deductions part and decided then to drop one of my W-2s. I just don't get that. I've used their software for going on five years and never had that happen before.

It's their fault. You know this when they say, I have to go and research something. I may be a few minutes.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11164 on: April 18, 2016, 11:26:11 PM »
My neck hurts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11165 on: April 19, 2016, 06:01:37 AM »
Will be glad when kid is out of school for the summer.

He won't ride the bus, and some days the drive is extremely hard to do. :P

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11166 on: April 19, 2016, 06:05:31 AM »
Will be glad when kid is out of school for the summer.

He won't ride the bus, and some days the drive is extremely hard to do. :P

I was OK on the bus, as long as I could get a seat toward the front, away from the tough kids.  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11167 on: April 20, 2016, 07:48:09 PM »
My printer is broken.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11168 on: April 20, 2016, 09:47:16 PM »
Fuck filling in forms.  I loathe forms, and theres every chance I'll want to send those responsible for issuing such filth skydiving without a parachute. Had to get a load of that kind of rubbish filled in not that long ago when the idiots that process what our equivalent in the UK to social security is fucked me over, tried to force me to get means-tested and see if I 'was disabled enough' to warrant keeping my income and not starving (seriously, I would have done had it not been for the support of my folks, the pricks left me with next to nothing, £20 a week, monthly pay out, gone in days if I wanted to eat at all, all due
to the incompetence and lies of the shits responsible for the medical examinations, the buggers doing it then, (tw)atos 'healthcare' were SO incompetent that the govt tore their contract up! which is saying something coming from a pack of elitist tory snobs like that faggot cameron (might be a dickhead, but I admit. I'd fuck his wife though)

This atos bunch of tools told the dept of soc.sec that I hadn't attended the interview! no. I didn't. I did, however, turn up and attempt to do so. Only to be informed by THEIR staff, their own receptionists, that their 'dr' hadn't even bothered turning up to work that day and there was no point my staying around, that I was free to go. So, I did, I buggered off. Got a nasty letter later saying that I was to be punished for nonattendance by losing my income, all of it bar the 20 a week mobility allowance thats permanently awarded, for being speshul, not like that can change (thankfully), but the rest I lost for like 6-7 months
They knew it was all my income (bar anything earned through applying such marketable skills as I possess towards working on....well....what is requested done with same :P

Far less than what in the official wording of the DHSS 'the minimum amount the law says you need to live on', not even close.

The volume of forms I got sent when I demanded they fix it, was disgusting, unforgivable, in the end I got the citizens advice bureau to step in on my behalf, and that really did light a fire under their arse.
Eventually, after doing that I did get what was owed. A big back-payment of nearly 6K.

Was enough to buy myself a new, powerful laptop so I can use it for gaming, but also, intended to keep all my notes, my journal reference collection, research data and the like, once I get it running perfectly, and
have secured it to my satisfaction. Got a nice stash out of it too, for a fair while.

DEFINITELY going to treat myself to a lab upgrade too I think. Plenty new glassware, and theres a shopping list of reagents and solvents I require, plus a second list of things I just Want, rather than of items I Need, and as quickly as possibly.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11169 on: April 21, 2016, 12:25:47 AM »
It's morning. I hate mornings.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11170 on: April 21, 2016, 01:44:10 AM »
my sleep cycle is wrecked.

defaulting back to overnights again.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11171 on: April 21, 2016, 08:08:51 AM »
What is this 'sleep cycle' of which you speak? :P

I don't have much of one to wreck really. Its all over the place.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11172 on: April 21, 2016, 09:15:48 AM »
What is this 'sleep cycle' of which you speak? :P

I don't have much of one to wreck really. Its all over the place.

lol. i need at least 4 hours a night and last night i got separated sleep - 2 hours between 9:30P and 11:30P, interrupted sleep between 11:30P and 12:30P and an hour and a half between 6:30A and 8:05A, all EST. if i can get 6 hours together then the ADHD train wreck and dyslexia is not as bad. i used to work overnights and sleep between 4pm and 10pm if i could. many years of that means that i default to sleeping before 10 and waking up at 1 or 2am. with stimulants i can get to sleep at 2am and get up at 630 or 730am. thats what is wrecked right now. i feel tired and it is taking an eon to type this and i left the last post for two hours because i forgot to post it. couldn't remember if i took any stimulants at all so will be using caffeine and ginseng more than usual today. also i will likely do poorly in my civ game and fall asleep on the conference presentations.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11173 on: April 21, 2016, 11:17:09 AM »
I find I need a LOT of sleep personally. Sometimes too much to be practical with respect to everything else, if I for example, end up sleeping for 2, going on 3 days at a time, although ten to twelve  hours is more usual for me.

Stimulants? what kind? if theres nothing that interacts dangerously, to make you have to chance some kind of critical interaction (like ren, and the shocking fact of her being scripted both a RIMA type MAOI and amphetamine, for instance) then if its amphetamine, methamp, or methylphenidate, those are forgiving enough to make taking a double dose of any of them, at the kinds of level taken
by users of prescription stimulants as opposed to recreational use not to worry about. If you think about it, rec. users are often doing as much as a gram of ice in a session! so accidentally taking an extra pill of adderall/dexedrine, desoxyn (pharm brand of methamphetamine in tablet form, US brand label) or methylphenidate (ritalin, focalin, concerta etc) isn't at the sort of dosage scale
thats dangerous. Notwithstanding say, people with heart conditions, pacemakers etc, or who have had/are very likely to have a stroke, aneurysms etc.

They don't have such a steep dose-response curve as to have sod all in the way of safety margin. So at least personally, if it were me, I'd not be sticking to caffeine and ginseng. Although admittedly
I don't even LIKE caffeine much. I do like a good brew though, got quite a tea collection actually, of sorts, various greens, blacks, oolongs, and my absolute favourite, a really delicately flavoured
and absolutely delicious white tea. That one I really like the best, out of every other kind of tea I have. Although lady grey does come in a close second as runner-up.

What I like even more, is to make a cup, and instead of sugar, sweetened with a couple of spoonfuls of honey, and the flavours enhanced still further by means of a big handful of finely chopped
up lemon balm (Melissa officianalis) leaves, flowers and tender tops, leaving it to infuse for a while, imbuing the tea with a delightfully perky citrusy scent and taste. Works especially well with lady
grey, as its already got quite a lot of citrus notes to the flavor and scent.  Or earl grey at a pinch, but it isn't one of my favourite kinds of tea at all. I don't DISlike it, but nor does it drive me wild
with enthusiasm either.

What sort of effect do you get from taking the ginseng? do you need to take it regularly like a supplement to get benefit from it? or is it suitable for use on a per-requirement basis?
Can you describe it subjectively perhaps? and of course, what kind of ginseng? there are several species, not all of them related to each other at all, and also in the case of Panax ginseng, various
ways of treating the root during preparation, such as aging, heat treatment, steaming and the like.

I have tried Panax ginseng (no further details, it came from holland and barrett, the health-food nutball's store. But I can't remember much about it, it was a long time ago, and I didn't take it for very
long or at high doses, so didn't really get much from it.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11174 on: April 22, 2016, 01:36:51 PM »
it's ritalin. The stimulants are things like cytozyme AD, ginseng and mini-thins, which have ephedrine, or is it ephedra? There's also bitter orange, but I haven't used that in a while. There is fish oil but it's limited in its effect since I don't take it every day. I don't have any other meds that these could interact with, and I don't take them when I remember my meds.

My actual dose is lower than the original prescription so I could take extra, but I don't like to waste it like that.

#Dancewithgarygopher