Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232521 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #10710 on: February 14, 2016, 06:23:17 AM »
For some stupid reason I'll 'offed' Windows on my other laptop on hour ago and.. now I'm looking at a blue screen. The thing doesn't do anything no more..

Bugger.  :facepalm2:
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10711 on: February 14, 2016, 06:46:44 AM »
  I have to be at work at 8:30 this morning, as I do every Sunday that I work.  :GA:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10712 on: February 14, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
Fan went on the power supply of the kid's gaming computer. :roar:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10713 on: February 14, 2016, 05:11:39 PM »
Another eye infection. :GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10714 on: February 14, 2016, 06:21:48 PM »
  Stale donuts.  Bummer.  Should have bought the Country KitchenTM individually wrapped ones.  :(

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10715 on: February 14, 2016, 09:59:43 PM »
  Stale donuts.  Bummer.  Should have bought the Country KitchenTM individually wrapped ones.  :(

Dunk them in hot coffee or cocoa, use them to make bread pudding, slice them in two and warm them in a frying pan and put jelly on them, etc.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10716 on: February 15, 2016, 01:56:27 AM »

Dunk them in hot coffee or cocoa, use them to make bread pudding, slice them in two and warm them in a frying pan and put jelly on them, etc.

They're actually hard.  I don't like crunchy donuts.  :P

People forget.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10717 on: February 15, 2016, 07:38:51 AM »
My hair smells shampooey clean for all of 5 minutes after I wash it.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10718 on: February 15, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »

My sympathies. Mine is now nearly gone. Got for a few more months of antibiotics in the house. Long term treatment. Hope it will keep me safe for a few years again, like it did the last time.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10719 on: February 15, 2016, 12:51:04 PM »
Walmart 3 hrs before the predicted "ice storm" because we were out of bread. :roar:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10720 on: February 15, 2016, 01:02:40 PM »

My sympathies. Mine is now nearly gone. Got for a few more months of antibiotics in the house. Long term treatment. Hope it will keep me safe for a few years again, like it did the last time.

Mine will come back.  It always does. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10721 on: February 15, 2016, 01:25:29 PM »
Donuts don't stay fresh for long at all, even overnight after opening a package then chances are they will have stiffened up some, even I was surprised somewhat though after coming downstairs to the kitchen for a smoke at about 4-something AM and finding that most of a pack of donuts had been left for me to find, and on finding them, finding that I found them to have become somwhat chewy and a little crunchy round the very outsides.

Ate them anyway though; and I'm not dead yet :P

Whilst donuts tend to go a bit past their best easily enough, they do at least stay safe to eat in adverse conditions, within reason, without being the sort of thing that tends towards becoming a source of food poisoning.

At the time I found those custard donuts though, they were just the right sort of thing to deal with the morph-munchies, and waking up absolutely with a ravening, raging monstrous black abyss of a stomach, howling demands along the lines of 'fill me!, fill me NOW you cunting bastard, gimmegimmegimmegimmmeFOOOOOOOOOmotherfuckingwellgodsdamnedOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDS'

Had to take a fairly large dose of muscle relaxers, three times during the night, 20mg tizanidine is a bit much to use more than once a day, but its not something I'd take regularly at that level, but I was in too much pain last night to be able to lie down or sit up because of muscle spasms as well as the spasticity in my lower left leg thanks to the nerve damage, that and adrenal suppressant, I'd toked a couple of  bongs of inert carrier herb that had been soaked in solvent containing a few hundred micrograms of N-cumyl-1-(5-fluoropentyl)indazole, a synthetic cannabinoid agonist, and a bloody powerful one at that on a weight basis. Short acting, but extremely potent, duration of action is perhaps between 15-25 minutes or so, but it is most effective, indeed, its one cannabinoid to be most careful in the use thereof. Did the trick just perfectly though when I found I couldn't get myself off to sleep though; two tokes from the bong closest to hand at the time was sufficient sedation to just about  stayb conscious enough to unwind a bit with a roll-up and my hooter between the pages of the the nearest book selected from the pile I tend to keep
by the side of my bed on the floor, so I can just reach out and grab something whenever I feel the urge to devour literature (which is a lot, I tend to go through books so fast that when I treat myself to a sack of new books, they end up read cover to cover in a day, sometimes in a few hours)

The second bong I had last night though, after I'd finished reading some of my new book on the history of plagues and emerging diseases, and a few short novels in warhammer 40K 'hammer and bolter' vol II, was quite sufficient to send me to sleep.

Woke up feeling slightly rough around the edges, as I needed to pick up some fresh supplies of morphine, oxy, chlormethiazole and a fair variety of different meds of other sorts, I'd slept in, and woke up to find my mu-opioid and GABAa receptors pretty much running on fumes, having bugger all in the tank.  Got my script just as usual, but it made it reallly difficult to both locate, and to stay within a vein once I got home, as my hands kept shaking thanks to my oversleeping. Ended up asking the pharmacist to give me a couple of chlormethiazole caps and a bit of my oxy script so I could take the heminevrin, and snort 50mg of oxy whilst I sat waiting for the remainder of my RX  to be filled. That did help quite a bit though, as did some further adrenergic suppression (of monoamines that is, rather than glucocorticoids/mineralocorticoids).

I almost dropped the vessel that my morning shot was being prepared in though nevertheless, all 600mg of MS, and some 200mg of oxycodone..  Had prepped and mixed etc. done all that needs be done to get it ready, but dropped it. Someone upstairs, or downstairs, or possibly even both, must have been looking out for me this morning, as I managed a one-handed catch of the falling mortar and pestle (which is heavy, one of my two is solid granite, the other is made from, I believe, onyx. Both are very heavy)

Somehow, I managed to flick out my arm and catch it, after having been watching only in my peripheral vision, with the other hand holding the syringe, sliding a filter on the end and drawing up, without spilling so much as a drop.

But seeing it happen out of the corner of my eye, almost in a kind of mental minds-eye  slow-motion view, christ, I felt my stomach churn in abject horror, knowing that I was just about to lose over half a gram of MS. The relief on realizing I had in actual fact made a perfect catch, and no longer holding my breath in horror had to be felt to be believed.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10722 on: February 15, 2016, 01:27:39 PM »
Didn't I just read about donuts in another thread?

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10723 on: February 15, 2016, 02:27:30 PM »

Mine will come back.  It always does. :(
Mine will come back too. But it took two years before it was seriously back. It was worse than it had been before though.
It will not stay away, but I hope that once it is really gone it will be gone for an elongated time again.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10724 on: February 15, 2016, 02:30:42 PM »
I'd really like it to go away for good now. :(

I'm really glad I still have the eyedrops. They last for about a month after being opened and the new infection happened within that time period.

- Albert Einstein