Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 230711 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #10440 on: December 27, 2015, 12:48:38 PM »
What my lingering cold lacks in severity, it's more than making up for it in tenacity and annoyance!    >:(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10441 on: December 27, 2015, 09:04:14 PM »
My sister and her husband brought crayfish/lobster that they caught. I didn't eat any but it didn't smell bad when they cooked it.

I know crawfish are found world-wide.  How do you season them as you boil them?  In Louisiana we use hot spices (cayenne, pepper, lemons, onions, whole garlic ,etc.  We also add "extras" such as corn on the cob, small potatoes, cabbage wedges, hot dogs/sausage, etc.
After boiling (I think) they were barbecued. Sorry, I have no idea what they were seasoned with beyond salt and pepper.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10442 on: December 27, 2015, 10:20:45 PM »
My sister and her husband brought crayfish/lobster that they caught. I didn't eat any but it didn't smell bad when they cooked it.

I know crawfish are found world-wide.  How do you season them as you boil them?  In Louisiana we use hot spices (cayenne, pepper, lemons, onions, whole garlic ,etc.  We also add "extras" such as corn on the cob, small potatoes, cabbage wedges, hot dogs/sausage, etc.
After boiling (I think) they were barbecued. Sorry, I have no idea what they were seasoned with beyond salt and pepper.

I remember reading years ago that one of the Scandinavian countries enjoyed crawfish, but took a shot of aquavit after each one.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10443 on: December 27, 2015, 10:28:28 PM »

Either tartar sauce or thousand island dressing
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10444 on: December 27, 2015, 11:23:53 PM »
Kayleigh badly needs her tonsils removed but she just found out that the government have taken ENT procedures off the Medicare Benefits Scheme so they are no longer free.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10445 on: December 28, 2015, 02:17:41 AM »
I've nothing to bitch about. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10446 on: December 28, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »

Either tartar sauce or thousand island dressing

Interesting.  Here they're eaten unsauced, probably because they are so highly seasoned.  Copious amounts of beer are required.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10447 on: December 29, 2015, 01:44:01 AM »
I have to work today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10448 on: December 29, 2015, 01:55:12 AM »
I have to work today.

I have to work from the 4th January. On the offside I don't get paid for time off.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10449 on: December 29, 2015, 06:30:06 AM »
I go back on monday too. I had so much planned to do these holidays, but as soon as the christmas bustle ended there was hardly enough time to get anything done.

I need some plumbing and electrician work done, and now it appears I might need to ring strata to look at a leak in the roof too :thumbdn:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10450 on: December 29, 2015, 10:53:20 AM »
I got cornered by the truck driver at the supply house and had to listen to him bitch about his boss for fifteen minutes
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10451 on: December 29, 2015, 05:45:49 PM »
I got cornered by the truck driver at the supply house and had to listen to him bitch about his boss for fifteen minutes

Something similar happened to me years ago.  The expression on the man's face was priceless when I said maybe he should start looking for another job.  Who the hell complains to customers?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10452 on: December 30, 2015, 01:46:28 AM »

Something similar happened to me years ago.  The expression on the man's face was priceless when I said maybe he should start looking for another job.  Who the hell complains to customers?

Idiots do that.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10453 on: December 30, 2015, 01:47:28 AM »
I have to work today.

I have to work from the 4th January. On the offside I don't get paid for time off.

I have to work today, too.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10454 on: December 30, 2015, 05:33:09 AM »
The roof is bone dry, so I dunno where the mysterious never drying wet patch on the carpet is coming from :tinfoil:

Now I'm being driven up the wall by this clever closet/handy shelf stuff and what to buy for the garage. Bunnings have this brand vertical pillars and that brand brackets with wire shelving that doesn't exactly seem compatible with both of the former. Masters, surprisingly enough, sell nothing :O_o: