Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232370 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #10170 on: October 26, 2015, 10:56:29 AM »
I did the same as Wolfish. That panic about changing clocks. Phew. Now to mark my calendar or surely I will forget again.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10171 on: October 26, 2015, 02:54:47 PM »
I did the same as Wolfish. That panic about changing clocks. Phew. Now to mark my calendar or surely I will forget again.

Thankfully I use my cell as my alarm, because I always forget.

Now the clock in my truck will be right again :thumbup:. It's such a PITA to change I'm in the habit of just subtracting an hour all summer.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10172 on: October 26, 2015, 03:59:51 PM »

Now the clock in my truck will be right again :thumbup:. It's such a PITA to change I'm in the habit of just subtracting an hour all summer.

My cell is my alarm too. But it is an ancient cell. It does not change time by itself.

And your truck clock made me grin. Don't recall a car from me or my parents with a clock that wasn't an hour late or early half of the year. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:02:00 PM by hykeaswell »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10173 on: October 26, 2015, 05:01:56 PM »

My cell is my alarm too. But it is an ancient cell. It does not change time by itself.

And your truck clock made me grin. Don't recall a car from me or my parents with a clock that wasn't an hour late or early half of the year.
When I was a kid we had one clock we never changed off of standard time accidentally at first then it became a tradition to always have one that wasn't changed 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #10174 on: October 26, 2015, 05:04:33 PM »
In Dutch we do not use am and pm. I use it here, and somehow was annoyed enough to put both 19:00 and pm together.

:thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #10175 on: October 26, 2015, 07:17:26 PM »

When I was a kid we had one clock we never changed off of standard time accidentally at first then it became a tradition to always have one that wasn't changed
For several years kept the wrong time on the clock in the car, not only an hour off but very wrong. Every now and then would randomly poke the buttons to make it more wrong, or differently wrong. Found it amusing and quite fitting of me. :laugh:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10176 on: October 26, 2015, 07:36:33 PM »

For several years kept the wrong time on the clock in the car, not only an hour off but very wrong. Every now and then would randomly poke the buttons to make it more wrong, or differently wrong. Found it amusing and quite fitting of me. :laugh:

Every time I have to disconnect the battery for something I leave it for a few months (usually until SO starts gripping too loudly when he borrows it).

Honestly if I had a choice I wouldn't want a clock. :laugh:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #10177 on: October 26, 2015, 07:56:22 PM »

Every time I have to disconnect the battery for something I leave it for a few months (usually until SO starts gripping too loudly when he borrows it).

Honestly if I had a choice I wouldn't want a clock. :laugh:
Same. Gave up on them, for the most part, a very long time ago. Never know the time or date unless checking, and then it doesn't stick even when checking so a few minutes later still don't know the time or date. Work pushes me so far into the future, now also have trouble knowing what year it is. :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10178 on: October 27, 2015, 01:18:13 AM »
Doctor's appointment in a little more than an hour. I'm so not looking forward to this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10179 on: October 27, 2015, 04:41:28 AM »
Doctor's appointment in a little more than an hour. I'm so not looking forward to this.

Why are you dreading it so much?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10180 on: October 27, 2015, 08:46:46 AM »
Mentor at school still did not answer my email.

Have to get used to that new set of mentors. The ones from last year would be answering the same day. The ones from this year may take a week or more. Especially the one for the oldest takes his time.
The yeah, yeah, I'll do it later type.
 :GA:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10181 on: October 27, 2015, 09:15:59 AM »
WTF is a truck doing with backup warning on for 15 minutes? :GA:

Back the truck up and have done with it. If it doesn't fit, smash it or go away.

edit: it was a cherry picker and two guys trying hard to look like they were working. They are working now. Can't say it was because I was watching. Maybe something was needed before they could begin.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:44:42 AM by WolFish »
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10182 on: October 27, 2015, 09:53:47 AM »
Construction going on in my yard is loud. Will be this way until Christmas. :GA:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10183 on: October 27, 2015, 05:51:33 PM »
I keep getting hang up calls from the same number which is some sort of auto dial-er telemarketer thing
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10184 on: October 28, 2015, 01:26:05 AM »
I keep getting hang up calls from the same number which is some sort of auto dial-er telemarketer thing

Me too, starting with 0024.