Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235683 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #10125 on: October 20, 2015, 12:31:09 AM »
:(

Get well soon.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10126 on: October 20, 2015, 05:31:04 AM »
Became suddenly sick yesterday afternoon. I was feeling fine in the morning and then by the afternoon my chest felt really congested and whatever it is, it took me down fast. Living off of ginger tea with honey and lemon. Have a conference this week and can't afford to miss it.

*sends soup*  :hug:

SO gave me the blight about 4 days ago. Still coughing, wheezing, and sneezing. Happens every year.

Feel better soon.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10127 on: October 20, 2015, 04:14:54 PM »
Thanks. It's rather comical the amount of supplements I'm throwing into my body to attempt to ward off the worst of it just to get through this week.  :hahaha:
So much riding on me attending the conference. After I get through that, I can crash. So far, I'm still holding in there and I'm upright and functioning.  :viking:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10128 on: October 20, 2015, 05:35:25 PM »
Tired and grumpy. I should have stayed in bed.

Probably so on the staying in bed bit, as I should have as well, today for sure.

But on the grumpy point, I often find that your "grumpiness" tends to lean more toward the persnickety rather than the curmudgeonly, so rock out, Grumpy!

:headbang2:
:pirate:

oh, and here are some bouncy tits:
 :bounce:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10129 on: October 20, 2015, 06:00:32 PM »
 :lol1:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10130 on: October 21, 2015, 12:11:27 AM »
I approve of bouncy tits. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10131 on: October 21, 2015, 02:03:55 AM »
Tired and grumpy. I should have stayed in bed.

Probably so on the staying in bed bit, as I should have as well, today for sure.

But on the grumpy point, I often find that your "grumpiness" tends to lean more toward the persnickety rather than the curmudgeonly, so rock out, Grumpy!

:headbang2:
:pirate:

oh, and here are some bouncy tits:
 :bounce:

Yay, for learning new words.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10132 on: October 21, 2015, 05:51:44 AM »
What new words?

Dictionaries have been available for over four thousand years and the Thesaurus for almost two hundred years, I think.

I did not make new words, but using peculiar or uncommon words is one of my specialties or specialities, if you prefer. 

:zoinks:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10133 on: October 21, 2015, 06:07:26 AM »
deceptive girlfriends

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10134 on: October 21, 2015, 06:49:04 AM »
What new words?

Dictionaries have been available for over four thousand years and the Thesaurus for almost two hundred years, I think.

I did not make new words, but using peculiar or uncommon words is one of my specialties or specialities, if you prefer. 

I meant a new word for me. English is not my mother tongue, and sometimes I stumble upon a word I do not know. I like expanding my vocabulary.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10135 on: October 21, 2015, 01:03:08 PM »
What new words?

I meant a new word for me. English is not my mother tongue, and sometimes I stumble upon a word I do not know. I like expanding my vocabulary.

I apologize if it seemed like I was being an ass. I did not take into account the fact that you were educated in another language before I posted such things.

Honestly, I am the only bi-lingual person I know. It was easy for me, I grew up where almost everyone spoke (or at least tried) two languages. English seems a piece o' cake to me and I spoke fluent Spanish by the time my body was tending towards puberty. A smart "white guy" who speaks Spanish better than the average Mexican (I studied the grammar) was a step up from the average white guy and respected by most of the Mexicans who had to endure white guys in business.

I suppose my point is not yet made. I live in an extremely arrogant and self centered society. Even considering the fact the the WORLD has hundreds of languages to learn, almost no one in my country bothers to learn another language.

So, my point is that I have a great deal of respect for you and the many others who populate this site who have learned a second, third, or ... ad infinitum ... language as a way of living well in this world. Unlike so many of my "countrymen/women"  who could not give a half-hearted toss off in an effort to learn another language.

You have my respect and my apology for being an ass.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:34:28 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10136 on: October 21, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »
What new words?

I apologize if it seemed like I was being an ass. I did not take into account the fact that you were educated in another language before I posted such things.

Honestly, I am the only bi-lingual person I know. It was easy for me, I grew up where almost everyone spoke (or at least tried) two languages. English seems a piece o' cake to me and I spoke fluent Spanish by the time my body was tending towards puberty. A smart "white guy" who speaks Spanish better than the average Mexican (I studied the grammar) was a step up from the average white guy and respected by most of the Mexicans who had to endure white guys in business.

I suppose my point is not yet made. I live in an extremely arrogant and self centered society. Even considering the fact the the WORLD has hundreds of languages to learn, almost no one here bothers to learn another language.

So, my point is that I have a great deal of respect for you and the many others here who have learned a second, third, or ... ad infinitum ... language as a way of living well in this world. Unlike so many of my "countrymen/women"  who could not give a half-hearted toss off in an effort to learn another language.

You have my respect and my apology for being an ass.

You were not being an ass. I was delighted with picking up this word that was new to me. I love using words in Dutch that most people do not use. One of my kids loves it just as much. In English we also love the more "obscure" words, and now and then she treats me, or I treat her, on a word not known to us before.

I love languages, and I love how I got to learn a few in secondary school. As a small kid I picked up a fair bit of German, related to Dutch, and even more to the dialect I was raised in. And I love how talking and thinking in a different language gives a different perspective. Some things can be expressed better in German than in English, and vice versa. Just like some things can be better drawn in ink on smooth paper, and other things have more impact in soft pencil on coarse paper. All depending on the one drawing too.

Your country will have more and more people like you, learning another language, because the language will be around them. It's good for a country when a think like that happens I think.

My respect to you, for being an early "trendsetter". People will follow.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10137 on: October 21, 2015, 01:45:38 PM »

I thank you for the monumental state of grace you have reached which allows you to find a way to accept a wretch like me.

:-*

(I still feel like an ass)

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10138 on: October 21, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »

I thank you for the monumental state of grace you have reached which allows you to find a way to accept a wretch like me.

:-*

(I still feel like an ass)

Shake that ass, DD. :D

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10139 on: October 21, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »
Under another house today no goose but the floor was gravely and made my knees and elbow ache
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw