Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233599 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #10020 on: September 28, 2015, 06:53:38 AM »
I need some alone time that is not in the middle of the night.
Last week every planned hour of solitude or silence was taken away.
Could be the same this week.
 :bigcry:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10021 on: September 28, 2015, 07:10:53 AM »

:hug: I can understand that. It is incredibly hard.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10022 on: September 28, 2015, 09:32:57 AM »

Solitude.  Such a rare commodity.  PA rarely leaves home (just for b'fast at 6, back at 7:30) and church on Sunday.  The PR doesn't drive.  Both have TVs on whether they're watching or not.  And PA comments on the programs.  The PR has her computer on as well and sings, comments, laughs boisterously, etc. My quiet time doesn't start (no TVs on) until after 11 pm.  I have to steal quiet time during the day by shopping or going to McDonald's or Dots Diner.  That's pathetic. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10023 on: September 28, 2015, 10:55:59 AM »

Solitude.  Such a rare commodity.  PA rarely leaves home (just for b'fast at 6, back at 7:30) and church on Sunday.  The PR doesn't drive.  Both have TVs on whether they're watching or not.  And PA comments on the programs.  The PR has her computer on as well and sings, comments, laughs boisterously, etc. My quiet time doesn't start (no TVs on) until after 11 pm.  I have to steal quiet time during the day by shopping or going to McDonald's or Dots Diner.  That's pathetic.
Do you get overstimulated by all the noise from the tv's and whatnot? This has always been a huge struggle for me. I find it physically exhausting.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10024 on: September 28, 2015, 01:29:43 PM »

Do you get overstimulated by all the noise from the tv's and whatnot? This has always been a huge struggle for me. I find it physically exhausting.

I suppose I do, but I've never realized it.  PA likes to talk to the TV, shout at the sports shows, etc.  He's a big man with a big voice.  Then the PR will have her earphones on and not realize that what she's saying is too loud when something on the Internet catches her attention. 

I'd prefer a quiet house, soft classical music, a comfy sofa and lap rug with a good book.  What I have is a family.  Shouldn't really complain.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10025 on: September 28, 2015, 02:40:05 PM »

I do my shopping daily, because once that was the only way to get a bit of solitude and quiet. Since I have taken up waitingroom knitting, sitting in a waitingroom is my way of getting solitude. Helps me build a mental cocoon away from all that is not interesting or important. Helps me to get rid of the idea of waiting too.
Thought I had an hour like that last week, but instead I was called in, and it happened to change into a double appointment, with a phone over speakers contact with some administrative obligatory contacts too. Something completely different.
:P
When oldest calf is sick, she withdraws, and the house is quiet. I cater her a bit, and she is glad someone remembers to water or feed her, and then wants to be on her own again. Youngest calf, when not feeling well, wants attention, even when she wants to be left alone. Only when she sleeps there is calm.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10026 on: September 28, 2015, 03:20:46 PM »

I suppose I do, but I've never realized it.  PA likes to talk to the TV, shout at the sports shows, etc.  He's a big man with a big voice.  Then the PR will have her earphones on and not realize that what she's saying is too loud when something on the Internet catches her attention. 

I'd prefer a quiet house, soft classical music, a comfy sofa and lap rug with a good book.  What I have is a family.  Shouldn't really complain.
That is exactly how it happens here too and I find if I don't take regular breaks and go to another room, I get irritable and tired. I would suggest reading up on Highly Sensitive People, work by Dr. Elaine Aron. I learned a lot about myself by reading her work. Her books can be found at the library. They've been out forever.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10027 on: September 28, 2015, 04:37:54 PM »
Thanks, bird and ruminant.  The PR has cheerleading practice tonight.  Miss Perfection (me) has had to retreat to a corner to escape the need to take charge and focus on reading a book to escape the noise.  Thank heavens Henry had 6 wives, it's an interesting book.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10028 on: September 28, 2015, 04:58:24 PM »
Thanks, bird and ruminant.  The PR has cheerleading practice tonight.  Miss Perfection (me) has had to retreat to a corner to escape the need to take charge and focus on reading a book to escape the noise.  Thank heavens Henry had 6 wives, it's an interesting book.
I love anything having to do with Henry VIII. I recently watched a PBS special on Hampton Court and it was fascinating. I hope to go across the pond one day to see it.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10029 on: September 28, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »
I love anything having to do with Henry VIII. I recently watched a PBS special on Hampton Court and it was fascinating. I hope to go across the pond one day to see it.

I'm sort of a Medieval England freak.  My favorite "monarch" is Eleanor of Aquataine.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10030 on: September 28, 2015, 11:34:04 PM »
My dentist tells me that there's nothing wrong with my teeth. My toothache is actually coming from the jaw muscles.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10031 on: September 29, 2015, 07:29:10 AM »
Could that be from stress?
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10032 on: September 29, 2015, 11:04:09 PM »
Could that be from stress?

Oh yes, I'm pretty sure it started that way. I clench my jaws a lot while sleeping. And when awake, too, for that matter.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10033 on: September 30, 2015, 01:24:11 AM »
My eyes itch. The right one itches really bad.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10034 on: September 30, 2015, 06:00:51 AM »
Ran out of hot water last night for my bath. It was barely luke warm when I got in.  (emo)
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad