Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 230975 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #9660 on: June 12, 2015, 04:29:58 AM »
Too many stuff going on at the end of the school year. Both for kids and me. So many appointments and stressed out kids. I hate the end of the year. And then I did not even mention the end of the year school sports days and school outings.
 :GA: :GA: :GA:
We'll all be completely drained and mangled when the holidays start.

Here, our school days have already ended and we have begun our summer classes. In order to avoid doing Physical Education classes during the normal school year, the option exists to do a concentrated course over the summer to get credit for a full year.

(I think this is bullshit! Where I grew up, there was no option; every child had to do physical education starting in fourth grade and going until you were sixteen or a junior in high school. Obviously, as a result, we average old folk are still much stronger than the youth of today. A point which I demonstrated a couple of weeks ago. I generally keep back when the "boys" start to play grab-ass, hitting each other. I just do not like to play like that, but when this turd hit one of my team in the back of the head, I put him down with a one finger punch to the solar plexus. Suddenly, a renewed respect for the old guy that no one wants to play grab-ass with.)

Many courses are available over the summer break.

My daughter is taking her PE course and my son is taking piano classes. It would have been great if their courses had coincided in time, but apparently I have pissed off some Karma god or something.

One goes in the AM and the other goes in the PM.

:hair:

USA summer holidays are a lot longer than the holidays here, I think. It is "only" six weeks. No summer classes. Some kids will get some assignments to do, because the lack in a subject, or get homework for an extra course they want to do, but that is it.

PE, only very seldom kids will be allowed to skip that. There have to be serious reasons. More than the PE the routine of going to school by bike for most kids will ad to the general fitness though.

Hope meds won't interfere with that coming year again for my youngest. She misses her 30 km a day every day she gets on the bus.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9661 on: June 12, 2015, 08:20:01 AM »
Summer break will be summer break here, as I feel it should be right now.

We are more than frustrated with the whole education process lately for countless reasons. :voodoo:

Hopefully we can regain our sanity for next year.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9662 on: June 12, 2015, 10:28:01 AM »
Had to return my new laptop. Now waiting for its replacement. It's going to be a couple of days before it arrives.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9663 on: June 12, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »
People who spend several minutes organizing their purses after they have checked out at the cashiers station, blocking me from the console to use my debit card. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9664 on: June 12, 2015, 05:47:16 PM »
Sore on my tongue
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9665 on: June 13, 2015, 12:50:26 AM »
Tired. :yawn:

I need to sleep more.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9666 on: June 13, 2015, 03:58:47 AM »
People who spend several minutes organizing their purses after they have checked out at the cashiers station, blocking me from the console to use my debit card.

Cashier stations that have obstructed the option to make a division between my groceries and those of the former or next customer. Always have to pick my belongings out of the mess made by the cashier lately. Really hard if you have similar items bought.
 :GA:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9667 on: June 13, 2015, 05:58:20 AM »

Cashier stations that have obstructed the option to make a division between my groceries and those of the former or next customer. Always have to pick my belongings out of the mess made by the cashier lately. Really hard if you have similar items bought.
Why would they do that? Sounds like a breeding ground for arguments. Stores here bag groceries for the customer, but even the rare ones that don't still make it easy for people to get away from the register with their purchase.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9668 on: June 13, 2015, 07:07:41 AM »

Why would they do that? Sounds like a breeding ground for arguments. Stores here bag groceries for the customer, but even the rare ones that don't still make it easy for people to get away from the register with their purchase.

No idea why.
Will ask the next time, if it is not too busy.
They seem to use the "spare bit" like desk space or for storage.
This is the first supermarket I see it happen. And it is only since recently.
It is a bloody nuisance.
First thought it was only one lazy cashier, but they all do it. So, it probably is procedure.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9669 on: June 13, 2015, 09:31:47 AM »
For me, it's usually not the cashiers, it's the customers in front of me.  Who block my getting to the card swiper thingy as they take forever to get their purse organized, peruse the receipt forever, etc.  This last time, I was pretty well done, the stuff was bagged and the stupid bitch customer was still standing there organizing her purse my card was out, no way to get around her and she was totally oblivious.  If I have any organizing to do, I grab my stuff and cart and go off to the side to do it!   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9670 on: June 13, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »

That drives me nuts and it's not just purses I have had men screw around with their wallet and stuff in their pockets for what seemed like an eternity
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9671 on: June 13, 2015, 05:21:30 PM »
I've never had this happen to me.  :dunno: I usually have to be more careful not to crowd the person in front of me at the card machine while they're still paying. Someone out there somewhere is probably quick bitching about people like me, all up in their business while swiping their card.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9672 on: June 13, 2015, 05:26:16 PM »

That drives me nuts and it's not just purses I have had men screw around with their wallet and stuff in their pockets for what seemed like an eternity

I've had to deal with them as well.   ::)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9673 on: June 13, 2015, 09:32:52 PM »
In three pages of writing an analysis of a case study, a student managed to misspell my name twice (two different misspellings), give the therapist in the reading a sex change, put the client in a wheelchair and give him mental health problems.

The poor guy in the case went through enough being assaulted and having to get through school with appearance and equilibrium issues - now he's suffering more at the hands of this student. 
People like this get into the field; I've read their reports and wondered how. Now I know. She might not pass my class but my guess is many of the other adjuncts will not be paying attention.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9674 on: June 14, 2015, 01:58:01 AM »
In three pages of writing an analysis of a case study, a student managed to misspell my name twice (two different misspellings), give the therapist in the reading a sex change, put the client in a wheelchair and give him mental health problems.

The poor guy in the case went through enough being assaulted and having to get through school with appearance and equilibrium issues - now he's suffering more at the hands of this student. 
People like this get into the field; I've read their reports and wondered how. Now I know. She might not pass my class but my guess is many of the other adjuncts will not be paying attention.

They do get into the field. First psychologist I was referred to managed to write a report about me that was packed with things like that. She also based her verdict on her report, not on me.

Good for you to point this out to her. It is no fun as a client to have to deal with a professional making mistakes like that.