Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234623 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #9420 on: March 21, 2015, 01:07:55 PM »
Thanks for the hug, hyke :)
What comes first and what later? For me it is my bad teeth causing TN, but who knows, it may be a two way thing.

I think you're right, here.In my case, the dentist took X-rays often enough though (in later years, I stopped bothering him at all, unless i had clear signs of decay, cos I knew the story. and then i stopped bothering him, even when  i had clear decay, because he'd always engage in these futile efforts to save the affected  tooth, which would just go on crumbling whatever he did.  Some of   them didn't need extracting, in the end, they just fell out, piece by piece, root and all.  What's more, I have a phobia of needles, which wasn't getting any better with repeated exposure to needles-in-the-gum ). The X-rays never showed up any decay.

Oddly enough, the decay would always begin (or an absess would come up) sometime   after the tooth finally stopped hurting. Which suggests to me that the nerve was dead. Indeed , I was told as much, by one dentist. The tooth in question was OK, but the dental nerve was dead, hence the abscess

I spent ages and ages searching the web for some kind of explanation for this pattern. I finally lit upon the info that if  dead dental nerve isn't removed, it will rot and cause absesses and/or tooth  decay (which is pretty much what that dentist had told me)  That much is non-controversial. But still I couldn't get any dentist or doctor to agree that my nerves were, somehow,  getting destroyed. Because there's "no evidence for any connnection between TN and nerve damage" according to those bastard text books.

Hoever that dead nerve theoryof mine  is  backed up by the fact that on one occasion, after experiencing  shockingly bad, but mercifully brief (only lasted a few hours) episode of TN in my cheek  during the night, I  woke up with Bell's Palsy. That is,  the entire right side of my face was paralysed.  The nerve mostly recovered (my face is still a bit lopsided). But it's yet more evidence for a connction btween TN and nerve damage, in my case , hmm? And rather more direct evidence.

Unfortunately, I only ever  had so many teeth and nerves ( The usual number. Oh! plus one extra tootht hat was extracted ealry on, just because it wa extra.)  So I suppose my results  couldn't ever be considered statistically significant, once added to all the other non-evidence that never got recorded because it didn't make sense  :LOL:

But it covinces me. And whilst doing my research, I noticed plenty of dentists leaping to (somewhat less contoversial) conclusions about the etioloogy of their  patients dental decay on much more slender evidence  than this (Example: patient went on holiday and did  lot of swimming in an overchlorinated  spanish swimming  pool prior to this decay. I therfore put this forward as evidence that  dental decay can caused by chlorine. Seriously. I'm not saying he was wtrong. But...they call that science? )  And getting published by respectable periodicals. *sigh*

Me? I'm just a dumb patient.  What would I know?

:hug:

I've got bad teeth. My dentist told me when I was twenty, that the only reason I was without dentures was my precise brushing, because my teeth were crap.
Still have most of them. But, for me there is a clear link between TN and infected roots.

My TN will most of the times not improve without a rootcanal treatment. First times there was nothing to be seen on X-rays, so I walked around with it for years. Then my then dentist said he'd just open the thing up do a rootcanal treatment anyway. Because he knew me as not a complainer by default. It was badly infected. And he stuck to that, when I came with similar complaints.

Later I had another dentist. Same story, but he was not that much listening to me. Until the day I came into his room, and before I sat in the chair I told him he was going to do a rootcanal treatment today.
He just did it.  :laugh: And then was shocked how bad it was, prescribing me antibiotics on top of it.

This time it is only my neck-muscles, and no teethproblem causing the latest attack. Maybe I'm wrong. Dentist has scheduled some repair anyway. So, who knows it may help a little extra.

That there is a link between TN and teeth is logical. All the nerves of your teeth come together in the trigeminal nerve. What comes first and what later? For me it is my bad teeth causing TN, but who knows, it may be a two way thing.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:11:56 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9421 on: March 26, 2015, 12:20:43 AM »
Another eye infection. Yay. :asthing:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #9422 on: March 26, 2015, 07:01:08 AM »
People who know me very well know what exactly what words to say in order to break me in a heated argument.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9423 on: March 26, 2015, 05:15:33 PM »
have an upper respiratory infection and no t-shirts to sweat into because the packers stole them. They left the empty package in a box because if they had left in on the floor (that's what they did with the trash) I would have seen it and asked what happened to them. Who knows where I will find body glove in Montreal and can't go shopping because I am sick.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9424 on: March 26, 2015, 09:50:05 PM »
I am hoping you will feel better asap, WolFish. Colds like that are a nasty business.

I heard one of the cats throw up in the night. I have been looking for where they did it to clean it but I can't find it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9425 on: March 26, 2015, 10:43:36 PM »

I heard one of the cats throw up in the night. I have been looking for where they did it to clean it but I can't find it.
Maybe they took care of it for you.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9426 on: March 26, 2015, 11:52:33 PM »
Tired and grumpy. I fucking hate mornings.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9427 on: March 27, 2015, 04:49:18 AM »

Maybe they took care of it for you.
Yeah I was hoping the other cat ate it. But they aren't like dogs.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9428 on: March 28, 2015, 09:12:13 PM »
I am hoping you will feel better asap, WolFish. Colds like that are a nasty business.

It's behind the sofa...it's always behind the sofa when it's not on the bedspread. :P

Or pick the largest, heaviest piece of furniture you have that's a bitch to move, and look behind it.

They are evil. Evil I tell you. :GA:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9429 on: March 28, 2015, 11:57:20 PM »

It's behind the sofa...it's always behind the sofa when it's not on the bedspread. :P

Or pick the largest, heaviest piece of furniture you have that's a bitch to move, and look behind it.

They are evil. Evil I tell you. :GA:
Haha, I still haven't found it and have been looking behind furniture for it. I believe you that they are evil - one of the cats jumped on to my bed, spewed, and got down again. Given the type of floor we have, it is easy to clean. But not my bed! I had to change everything.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9430 on: March 31, 2015, 04:35:34 AM »
my antibiotics make chocolate taste like shit.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9431 on: March 31, 2015, 07:28:07 AM »

I had a bitch, but that's definitely a worse bitch.

Something has to be pretty foul to fuck up the taste of chocolate. :zombiefuck:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9432 on: March 31, 2015, 03:02:52 PM »

I had a bitch, but that's definitely a worse bitch.

Something has to be pretty foul to fuck up the taste of chocolate. :zombiefuck:

Depression does that for me. Risperidon did it for my girl.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9433 on: March 31, 2015, 06:20:42 PM »
My hands are all scraped up from work today
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9434 on: March 31, 2015, 08:02:09 PM »
Looks like I am going to be waking up to the sounds of construction.

Good news is...they aren't waking me up at 7:00 am dumping fill across the street anymore.

Bad new is...they fucked up the state road running next to the area they were dumping in with all the trucks going in and out along the side of the road. The road (newly paved last year) is now starting to fall in.

Someone is going to pay, and after finding out the whole story a few days ago, it's might not be pretty either.