Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235013 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #8715 on: August 16, 2014, 06:56:37 AM »
Amisulpride sounds interesting because it isn't as sedating as other antipsychotics but as I don't have schizophrenia or psychosis it would be expensive (not on the PBS, meaning it would cost more than $6).

Not too keen on benzos and opioids.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8716 on: August 16, 2014, 07:41:59 AM »
Really just about anything would be superior to haloperidol, due to its longterm, and serious tox issues.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8717 on: August 17, 2014, 03:54:25 AM »
Even at a low dose such as mine?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8718 on: August 17, 2014, 05:45:56 PM »
Well its a longterm issue with haldol, not due exactly to the drug itself, to its toxic metabolite, HPP, which like MPTP, is uptaken into dopaminergic neurons, specifically targeting those of the nigrostriatal tract, entering nerve cells in the substantia nigra, and when those kinds of toxins get into cells, they are converted to a charged metabolite, such as HPP+ or MPP+ via monoamine oxidase, IIRC its MAO-b which does this, and then due to being charged, the metabolite cannot leave the cell, and quite literally 'fries' and destroys the nerve cell.

Loperamide (immodium) the antidiarrhea drug also has a metabolite with similar properties, although in adults, loperamide doesn't get to go fuck the brain a new arse ring because its uptaken past the BBB, but immediately gets pumped back out again by P-glycoprotein, a multidrug efflux pump. It cannot be given to newborns or very young children for this reason, tox studies in immature piglets which lack a fully-formed blood-brain barrier have shown lethality when given loperamide.

A chronic, low-dose of such a toxin, acting in the way it does, is still going to cause damage. Personally, I think haldol should have been, and still should be taken off the market entirely. There are enough APs, both typicals and atypicals, with a widely varying selection of activities, that it just has no good reason to remain in clinical use.

http://www.docguide.com/haloperidol-not-olanzapine-linked-brain-shrinkage-schizophrenia-presented-sfn

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15756305 Similar comparative study in rhesus monkeys, chronic treatment, olanzapine and haloperidol, as well as placebo compared.

Look around, IMO the longterm effects of APs are quite scary.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8719 on: August 17, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »
Fucking narrow-minded bigots.

Not sure to whom you are referring, but if, on that night, I had had a chance to be mellow and sober up some; if I had been left alone, things would not have progressed as they did.

... or if you have another subject in mind ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8720 on: August 17, 2014, 06:42:00 PM »
I want my sniff, dammit, the bag I didn't finish shooting the other night. I KNOW I didn't just tan it and forget, I KNOW its here somewhere, but I just don't know where.

I'd love a wee bedtime midnight snack (well almost 6am snack actually) of a nice fat bellringer of a hit of IV coke, or maybe cook up a couple of rocks. Hell and buggery, maybe both.

I want my feckin' ching damnation, arsery and fucknuggets take its hiding place, grrr!
And I AM going to find it and have a quick dig before I get my kecks off and in bed proper (as opposed to just lounging around on my arse looking INSIDE the bed, and quilt that is)

Fucked if I am not going to find that bolivian marching powder before I go to sleep, sleeping pills/morphine or no sleepers/morphine.

You'll probably find it next week, and post about it in the  "something good that happened today"  thread.  ;)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8721 on: August 17, 2014, 06:55:57 PM »
Being naked didn't entice any of you, so I guess I will put on some clothes...dammit!!!

Did I miss someone's n00ds? :GA:

Your avatar is a n00d.  Just sayin'.  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8722 on: August 17, 2014, 07:04:33 PM »
I can't sleep.

That's because it's not bedtime in America.   :orly:

Correct.

I fucking hate jetlag.

On the other hand, you can post at the same time as the Americans. :thumbup:

That would be nice, because NOBODY seems to post often when I am here.

Move to Sweden. :M

Remember to bring extra ammo, to share with the Swedes. :tooledup:

Do NOT dare remove AMMO from these states.

You can give them a few guns, but do not DARE REMOVE AMMO FROM THESE SHORES!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8723 on: August 17, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »
Well its a longterm issue with haldol, not due exactly to the drug itself, to its toxic metabolite, HPP, which like MPTP, is uptaken into dopaminergic neurons, specifically targeting those of the nigrostriatal tract, entering nerve cells in the substantia nigra, and when those kinds of toxins get into cells, they are converted to a charged metabolite, such as HPP+ or MPP+ via monoamine oxidase, IIRC its MAO-b which does this, and then due to being charged, the metabolite cannot leave the cell, and quite literally 'fries' and destroys the nerve cell.

Loperamide (immodium) the antidiarrhea drug also has a metabolite with similar properties, although in adults, loperamide doesn't get to go fuck the brain a new arse ring because its uptaken past the BBB, but immediately gets pumped back out again by P-glycoprotein, a multidrug efflux pump. It cannot be given to newborns or very young children for this reason, tox studies in immature piglets which lack a fully-formed blood-brain barrier have shown lethality when given loperamide.

A chronic, low-dose of such a toxin, acting in the way it does, is still going to cause damage. Personally, I think haldol should have been, and still should be taken off the market entirely. There are enough APs, both typicals and atypicals, with a widely varying selection of activities, that it just has no good reason to remain in clinical use.

http://www.docguide.com/haloperidol-not-olanzapine-linked-brain-shrinkage-schizophrenia-presented-sfn

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15756305 Similar comparative study in rhesus monkeys, chronic treatment, olanzapine and haloperidol, as well as placebo compared.

Look around, IMO the longterm effects of APs are quite scary.

'kay, try having three big shots forced on you in the thigh, then the shoulder, then the jugular.
Spend the night in Intensive Care because they are sure they gave you too much. Then waking up about an hour later with your doctor standing over you saying to the attending physicians, "Wow, I usually don't see me fifty year old fathers in this kind of shape. What the hell happened?"

I sat up and said, "They injected me with  bunch of goddamn drugs I did not need. I told them I just needed to sleep it off. I am drunk!"

He was startled, looked at the attending and said " I thought you said you had given him four hundred fifty mg of halo! He should be asleep for  almost twenty four hours!"  " Yes, I hit him three times with one hundred fifty mg each time. He should be asleep!"
I said, "Before we go on, I really need to pee!"

Doc said, "I will see you in the morning. Quit struggling against those restraints and get some sleep, please."

It was a really long night.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8724 on: August 17, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »
Hey DD, I take haloperidol (willingly though, and not injected). That sounds like some experience.

My quick bitch is that the Social Media class I have taken is from a public relations perspective and I have to give a speech about it in a few weeks. I am dreading it.

I understand.  You take a small dose all the time. This is described for a number of causes.

Having a massive dose forced on you is a different matter.  A massive dose is considered to be an anti-psychotic. I must have seemed quite mental, after my behavior.
But, hey, three big ass shots put me out for almost an hour.

I was punked!
 :hahaha:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8725 on: August 17, 2014, 08:23:08 PM »
Been looking for that fucking bag ever since, CBC. Still haven't found it.

Get paid today, so will just get some more. Although I'd love to find it tonight, I'm bored as fuck. Might have to have a root around to see if I can locate it.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8726 on: August 17, 2014, 08:40:42 PM »
Not sure to whom you are referring, but if, on that night, I had had a chance to be mellow and sober up some; if I had been left alone, things would not have progressed as they did.

... or if you have another subject in mind ...

Totally different subject. I was referring to the narrow-minded bigots throughout the world who have ensured that gay and lesbian couples considering foreign adoptions need to have one member of the couple deal with the agency, claiming to be a single parent, because of the number of countries that block adoption to homosexual couples. Even Thailand is changing its rules for gay couples, so they're looking to India instead.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #8727 on: August 17, 2014, 09:11:06 PM »
Correct.

I fucking hate jetlag.

On the other hand, you can post at the same time as the Americans. :thumbup:

That would be nice, because NOBODY seems to post often when I am here.

Move to Sweden. :M

Remember to bring extra ammo, to share with the Swedes. :tooledup:

Do NOT dare remove AMMO from these states.

You can give them a few guns, but do not DARE REMOVE AMMO FROM THESE SHORES!

What will they shoot out of the guns? :tard:

We already export billions of dollars of weapons per year. Why not send the Swedes a few bullets? :viking:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8728 on: August 17, 2014, 10:30:49 PM »
Whilst it isn't a closeup, I used to (lost it when I got nicked once by the filth) have the exact same bayonet, only without a fuller groove. Made for a great long sheath knife/dagger, really comfy solid grip to it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8729 on: August 17, 2014, 11:22:51 PM »
Feeling a bit jittery.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein