Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234197 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #8625 on: August 01, 2014, 10:20:05 AM »
Kid has phone turned off. Don't know where she is, don't know whether she'll eat here or not. Fried I guess she is with doesn't answer phone either.

Not the first time this happens.

UGH!

It's about dinnertime. Haven't seen her all day, since she had a sleepover at a friend, and I went to work in the morning. She did come in to bring her sleeping stuff home. Then left again. Probably with the same friend, but I do not know for sure.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #8626 on: August 01, 2014, 10:41:10 AM »
Thanks for sympathetic words, guys. Appreciated.

Don't know what stage the cancer is in.. there will be more tests (CT-scan on Monday, blood results in, etc) next week. Hope it's in an early stage and that surgery will be sufficient.. but that's wishful thinking.

*crosses fingers*

Do some sweet life celebratory activities in the 'tween time  :headbang2: I hope she has very good doctors.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8627 on: August 01, 2014, 10:46:33 AM »
Landlord is raising the rent by $250.

Fuck.

I am going to start volunteering at the library, and then hopefully in a few months I can apply for a job there and get it. This was my plan anyways, but I've been procrastinating. I want to help my parents pay for rent. We used to have a house, but Bank of America screwed my father over. Word to the wise- never use that bank. Actually, don't use any banks if you can help it. They are untrustworthy and sketchy as hell.

I feel like a fcking illegal immigrant when it comes to applications. Always have to worry about identity shit and I'd rather not think on it. /rant
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:48:08 AM by sg1008 »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8628 on: August 01, 2014, 03:37:51 PM »
I always feel quite blessed that we own our house free and clear. 

Our tax assessment is frozen since PA is over 65, taxes will only go up if tax increases are approved by the voters.  We pay about $200 a year in taxes, about $1000 a year in home and flood insurance.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8629 on: August 01, 2014, 03:57:46 PM »
I hope your mom can fight the cancer off, lutra.

At least she has your cooking skills available, from the sound of the meals you posted in the past, better than hospital food, I'd take some in for her, if she has to go in for surgery, as hospital food is always inedible, and even so, there is never enough of it either.

A minor bitch-just woke up, after sleeping in all day, about an hour ago, spent a little while watching doc martin on TV, so when I went back upstairs, I needed my morphine in a relative hurry. Whilst getting it ready, put my tourniquet round my upper left arm, and turned my head too far round, with my rig held between my teeth, only to stick myself in the shoulder :P

Not sure if a little leaked out of the syringe, or if theres some other reason, but now have a bunch of histamine-wheals on my upper arm that itched like fuck for a few minutes, although they are fading, an antihistamine is in order though nevertheless, as its still rather annoying. Just odd that they formed on the upper arm, as the actual site of injection was situated on the back of the hand, near my wrist. Pretty sure nothing DID leak out, as the rest was still in the barrel when I came to use it. Almost like the morph stopped midway up my arm to put its feet up and raise a few nettle-rash welts, then up and buggered off again.

Although I still felt my joint pain melt away, replaced with catching my breath a bit, and a pleasant warmth and relaxation on time....strange. Never had that happen before.

My mom isn't at all well either, I think. She isn't anyway, as she has severe MS, shes permanently wheelchair bound and has been for quite some time now, but her mind has been going, and I think now, is gone more or less. I think putting her out of her misery would be the kindest thing to do.

But shes been kinda...sort of falling sideways in the chair, I thought she was having a seizure at first, but apparently I was mistaken, or I think so. Lots of shaking of the legs, inability to get back upright, my old man has been having difficulty wheeling her through into the kitchen to chain-smoke (more or less the only pleasure she has left now), and whilst she was in the kitchen, I went in to have a fag myself, and she couldn't even get to the ashtray. I am not convinced she is long for this world, and if I am honest, I hope not. I won't be sorry when she does eventually die, not because I bear her any ill-will, but because I wouldn't want to be stuck in her existence, if I were her.

Thankfully I am not. Nor would I let myself get that way. If I could get permission to exit from my dear friend heretic (long story thats best left un-told), I'd have pulled the trigger on myself long before getting to that stage.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8630 on: August 01, 2014, 09:27:31 PM »
My flight from JFK to Washington got cancelled less than an hour before it was scheduled to depart. What a great way to arrive in the US after a 13-hour trip. Bloody AA booked me on a flight tomorrow but said that since they weren't to blame, they didn't have to find me a hotel.

The nice people at hotel reservations at JFK did find me a room, however. I'm writing this at Hotel Ramada something on Long Island, for which I'm paying myself.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8631 on: August 01, 2014, 09:36:58 PM »
Time travel can be tricky.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8632 on: August 01, 2014, 09:39:59 PM »
My flight from JFK to Washington got cancelled less than an hour before it was scheduled to depart. What a great way to arrive in the US after a 13-hour trip. Bloody AA booked me on a flight tomorrow but said that since they weren't to blame, they didn't have to find me a hotel.

The nice people at hotel reservations at JFK did find me a room, however. I'm writing this at Hotel Ramada something on Long Island, for which I'm paying myself.

Sorry about that experience.

In this country, airlines and banks tend to mess shit up and spend a lot of time explaining what they didn't do. :/

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8633 on: August 01, 2014, 09:41:31 PM »
Just don't fly malaysia airlines.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #8634 on: August 01, 2014, 10:07:46 PM »

At least you may see the Statue of Liberty. :thumbup:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8635 on: August 02, 2014, 03:51:55 AM »
Landlord is raising the rent by $250.

Fuck.

I am going to start volunteering at the library, and then hopefully in a few months I can apply for a job there and get it. This was my plan anyways, but I've been procrastinating. I want to help my parents pay for rent. We used to have a house, but Bank of America screwed my father over. Word to the wise- never use that bank. Actually, don't use any banks if you can help it. They are untrustworthy and sketchy as hell.

I feel like a fcking illegal immigrant when it comes to applications. Always have to worry about identity shit and I'd rather not think on it. /rant

Raising it by $250 a month?  :zombiefuck:

I'm glad there are legal restrictions here on how big the rise of rent per year can be, unless it is a liberalised contract, but most of the time that is not affordable for people on the lower end of the income scale anyway.

For people with a low income, this years rent could not go up by more than 4%, for people with a big pay slip, the maximum rise was 6.5%.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8636 on: August 02, 2014, 04:45:52 AM »
Just don't fly malaysia airlines.

They are probably the safest bet around now. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8637 on: August 02, 2014, 04:54:47 AM »

At least you may see the Statue of Liberty. :thumbup:

Not likely, but I'm thinking of taking a quick look at Manhattan.

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #8638 on: August 02, 2014, 07:23:12 AM »
One way or another I managed to unplug my freezer without me knowing I did so yesterday. Cut it off from the electrical net.. ja, found a puddle of water on the bottom of the top-loading machina an hour ago. Bugger, I had to throw away quite a bit of otherwise perfectly okay food. Croquettes, bitterballs and a nice leftover Chinese take-away dish.

Oh well.. not the end of the world of course.

Finally took the opportunity to properly clean the freezer and I hooked it back on the grit again after that.

*farts in Israel's direction* 
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #8639 on: August 02, 2014, 07:58:22 AM »
^ Probably happened whilst I carried the new door inside..  :zoinks:
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.