Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235388 times)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #8595 on: July 29, 2014, 09:51:19 PM »
I'm just not cool enough to engage in playful banter. I get two back-and-forth remarks in and then I'm lost. But enjoy watching others do it.

:tard:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #8596 on: July 29, 2014, 09:55:51 PM »
I'm just not cool enough to engage in playful banter. I get two back-and-forth remarks in and then I'm lost. But enjoy watching others do it.

There's no need to be 8). We're all :spaz:. Just insult England. :zoinks:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8597 on: July 29, 2014, 10:03:34 PM »

Lol...today I was blaming British colonisers for a lot of stuff.

I also don't get why certain colonised ppls speak english when they have the choice not to. They don't even know anything about the history of the language. They use it purely for privilege and advantage. Fools.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8598 on: July 29, 2014, 10:18:13 PM »
I am not amused.  English is the greatest thief language.  We have stolen borrowed from almost every language on the Earth.  Why wouldn't everyone want to speak the Golden Language?

jk
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8599 on: July 29, 2014, 11:34:26 PM »
I am not amused.  English is the greatest thief language.  We have stolen borrowed from almost every language on the Earth.  Why wouldn't everyone want to speak the Golden Language?

jk

Lol.

I like the language for poetry....it is not a particularly philosophical language which means more word-combinations are required to get across a specific point...which means greater flexibility of interpretation.... and more fun with mixing and matching concepts. It has its place :)

But I do not like english for privilege. Languages are precious...they are not to be cheapened for bureaucratic reasons.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8600 on: July 30, 2014, 02:49:13 AM »
Think the lullabies did their job.. I slept like a log on the soft mattress.. and woke up at 11h25AM. Went in early too. Jeebus, cannot recall the time I slept this long.

The Bovine hath magical lullaby abilities.

Freshly squirted warm milk will send a lot of people to sleep.   :zombiefuck:

Or her bovine flatulence asphyxiated them into unconsciousness. :hyke:

I can only comment that I have retired from the milk-production industries over a decade ago.

MOOOOOOHHH!
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8601 on: July 30, 2014, 05:51:40 AM »

I also don't get why certain colonised ppls speak english when they have the choice not to. They don't even know anything about the history of the language. They use it purely for privilege and advantage. Fools.

???

We're a colonized country that speaks English. :dunno:

jk

They all do. :trollface:

Think the lullabies did their job.. I slept like a log on the soft mattress.. and woke up at 11h25AM. Went in early too. Jeebus, cannot recall the time I slept this long.

The Bovine hath magical lullaby abilities.

Freshly squirted warm milk will send a lot of people to sleep.   :zombiefuck:

Or her bovine flatulence asphyxiated them into unconsciousness. :hyke:

I can only comment that I have retired from the milk-production industries over a decade ago.

MOOOOOOHHH!

:GA:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8602 on: July 30, 2014, 02:02:34 PM »

???

English is our first language most of the time. Some countries people learn english and speak it instead of their birth language for no other reason than reputation. They know their mother tongue, and they can speak it...so why do they speak english???  There are no english people walking around that they have to converse with....They do it for privilege.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:05:01 PM by sg1008 »

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8603 on: July 30, 2014, 04:35:32 PM »
English is our first language most of the time. Some countries people learn english and speak it instead of their birth language for no other reason than reputation. They know their mother tongue, and they can speak it...so why do they speak english???  There are no english people walking around that they have to converse with....They do it for privilege.

There can be all kinds of reasons to speak a different language. In the Netherlands the posh people spoke French for a while. That is probably privilege. But, being able to think and converse in different languages can also help one think. There are people who use a different language than their mother tongue to process difficult decisions. Somehow it helps them to not get distracted in the intricacies of their own language, when making these decisions.

When it comes to subtle intimacies in language, nothing gets so close to me as the dialect I was raised in. Weird thing is, I do not even speak it well.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8604 on: July 30, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »

There can be all kinds of reasons to speak a different language. In the Netherlands the posh people spoke French for a while. That is probably privilege. But, being able to think and converse in different languages can also help one think. There are people who use a different language than their mother tongue to process difficult decisions. Somehow it helps them to not get distracted in the intricacies of their own language, when making these decisions.

When it comes to subtle intimacies in language, nothing gets so close to me as the dialect I was raised in. Weird thing is, I do not even speak it well.

Interesting about making decisions in other languages.  :apondering:

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8605 on: July 30, 2014, 09:21:57 PM »

???

Perhaps you mean "practicality". A language is useful if you can talk to other people using it, and English is the third most popular native language in the world. How do you know that many people who know English as a second language speak it at home, instead of using their native language?

In England, the posh people spoke French for a while, too. :P

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8606 on: July 30, 2014, 10:36:23 PM »
In the movie "Elysium", all the rich people speak french.

The poor earth people speak spanish.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8607 on: July 30, 2014, 10:42:01 PM »
How do you know that many people who know English as a second language speak it at home, instead of using their native language?

They told me. Their language is changing because of it...becoming a hybrid of english and native tongues. But all this change without the presence of english people is astounding. It's as if the united states became all english speaking with no white people around....the whole continent changed their language, dress, and culture purely for an upper hand in business and academic dealings. The idea of forfeiting culture willingly is appalling to me. Relegating your ancestors to museums and worshipping the british market and university....its foolish I say, foolish!

:hitler:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8608 on: July 31, 2014, 02:10:37 AM »
I forgot to take my NSAID last night so the pain woke me up early this morning.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8609 on: July 31, 2014, 05:01:36 AM »
cant sleep past 5 am these days