Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235185 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #8235 on: May 24, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »
I don't feel like posting today, it would seem.

And yet ... you continue!  Fascinating!   :nerd!:

It's a reflex and does not require a conscious effort. :P

That explains many of your posts. :zoinks:

Your message has been received. It will be replied to in due time. If you feel you have received this message in error, please feel free to postwhore anyway.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #8236 on: May 24, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »
I don't feel like posting today, it would seem.

And yet ... you continue!  Fascinating!   :nerd!:

It's a reflex and does not require a conscious effort. :P

That explains many of your posts. :zoinks:

Your message has been received. It will be replied to in due time. If you feel you have received this message in error, please feel free to postwhore anyway.

:brick: :moomin:

:GA:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8237 on: May 24, 2014, 05:59:43 PM »

Had to do TEH security job for the past four days.

It fucking KILLZ me!
FUCK!

I hate having to do this shit to keep my job.

I would hate to do anything requiring me to follow customers around or detain them for suspected theft.  :(

It is far more complicated than that. For instance, I have to "interview"  every customer leaving without buying anything and turn them back around to help them "find a solution."

I also have to watch an "eight-up" camera system on a split screen monitor, six of which are constantly panning and zooming upon dertermined "hot zones"  (places where people steal shit).

There is an impossibly insane protocol I have to follow before I can "make an apprehension" of a customer gone thief. It is impossible, even as I showed this to a cop who was there to add extra security due to the race day approaching (the Indianapolis 500 runs this week end and this place is fucking craxy), he confirmed that it was ridiculous to expect to meet these standards.

Just watching the screen, with three fourths of it moving all the time gives me a strong case of vertigo and I get "seasick" and feel like I need to vomit every few minutes. I fucking hate it!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8238 on: May 25, 2014, 02:40:25 AM »
You have to stop everyone who's leaving without buying anything? FFS. It happens quite regularly that I go into a shop and look for something, do not find it and decide to go elsewhere instead. And just as regularly, I go into a shop and just browser for stuff. The browsing may result in me buying something or me leaving and buying at a later date. Or just me leaving.

But if I were stopped on my way out I'd never return.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #8239 on: May 25, 2014, 07:21:01 AM »
You have to stop everyone who's leaving without buying anything? FFS. It happens quite regularly that I go into a shop and look for something, do not find it and decide to go elsewhere instead. And just as regularly, I go into a shop and just browser for stuff. The browsing may result in me buying something or me leaving and buying at a later date. Or just me leaving.

It sounds intrusive.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8240 on: May 25, 2014, 06:29:37 PM »

Sir, we can't let you leave until we have your solemn promise that you will return!   :police: :moomin: :police:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8241 on: May 25, 2014, 07:54:57 PM »

Sir, we can't let you leave until we have your solemn promise that you will return!   :police: :moomin: :police:

"You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave..."

Seems a few places are doing that now...holding you hostage until you spend money...probably the reason why I do 90% of my shopping online.  :LOL:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8242 on: May 25, 2014, 08:12:18 PM »
Once wrote a complaint to Home Depot for beginning the policy of opening and searching boxes being purchased in the checkout. Told them they should hire more security instead of treating every customer like a thief. They responded with some policy bla bla; shop at Lowes now.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8243 on: May 26, 2014, 02:35:14 AM »

Neither would I.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8244 on: May 26, 2014, 11:01:58 AM »

Neither would I.

You can add me to the list of people who would not return also
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8245 on: May 26, 2014, 06:34:38 PM »

It sounds intrusive.

IN "my book,"  it is very intrusive and unrealistic in practice. Half the people on their way out the door will not take two seconds to answer my first "scripted question."

I Hate this new duty.

On the other hand there are a few people who are pleased that they can actually do what they came for in one stop. Those folk are rare, but usually very grateful for the help. They had given up because we are so busy (read that as, "understaffed") and do not want to interrupt anyone.

Shop online as CBC suggests when ever you can. I do.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8246 on: May 26, 2014, 06:40:58 PM »

It sounds intrusive.

IN "my book,"  it is very intrusive and unrealistic in practice. Half the people on their way out the door will not take two seconds to answer my first "scripted question."

I Hate this new duty.

On the other hand there are a few people who are pleased that they can actually do what they came for in one stop. Those folk are rare, but usually very grateful for the help. They had given up because we are so busy (read that as, "understaffed") and do not want to interrupt anyone.

That was Icequeen, but I would love to shop online. :cbc: 

Unfortunately I have neither a credit card nor a big mailbox.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8247 on: May 26, 2014, 06:49:23 PM »
Once wrote a complaint to Home Depot for beginning the policy of opening and searching boxes being purchased in the checkout. Told them they should hire more security instead of treating every customer like a thief. They responded with some policy bla bla; shop at Lowes now.

Lowe's does the same thing these days, as does Miejer, Penney's, Sears, TJ Maxx and Walmart.  We all have to. Being subtle in checking the merchandise is key to NOT making each customer feel like a criminal but it HAS to be done.

The problem is that customers will pick up a big box of something that costs fifty bucks and re-fill it with thousands of bucks worth of small high cost items.
I can usually spot them, though. They have a number of "signatures."  Sometimes they are in pairs or threes, not Large groups, though. They have a look out or a person to distract the sales floor.
They often have their booty in a cart with the UPC up so that it can be scanned without touching the carton. Most people, even those who really want to help the poor checkout kids, pay no attention to where the UPC code is located until they get to the check out. BY ensuring that the UPC code is pointed outward, no one has to move the box around and discover that it rattles and it is four or five times as heavy as it should be.
If no one spots this signature, then they can literally walk out of the store with thousands of bucks worth of brand new products, still in original packaging that they only paid fifty bucks for. Great game!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8248 on: May 26, 2014, 06:54:30 PM »

It sounds intrusive.

I Hate this new duty.

That was Icequeen, but I would love to shop online. :cbc: 

Unfortunately I have neither a credit card nor a big mailbox.

Have you bank issue you a Debit Card with a Visa/Mastercard brand name on it  (most banks do not charge for this service, but you do have to have decent credit rating) and it can be used online as freely as any credit card and it STILL comes directly out of your checking account as easily as a normal private label debit card.

Use UPS or FedEx not your USPS mail box. Always check that signature is required, so they will not just dump your valuable new stuff on your porch and run.

I have been ordering things since the sixties. Where I grew up, there weren't that many cool stores for a long, long time.
If you could not buy what you wanted at the local feed and seed farmer's store or the Ben Franklin (dime store), 7Eleven (mostly beer, cigarettes and candy), Sears or Penney's, then you had to order it. Even though we had a huge Sears store, I still had to order stuff from Sears from their catalog, because most of what they had in store was clothes, farm gear, hunting gear, etc.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:59:32 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8249 on: May 26, 2014, 07:19:49 PM »

Lowe's does the same thing these days, as does Miejer, Penney's, Sears, TJ Maxx and Walmart.  We all have to. Being subtle in checking the merchandise is key to NOT making each customer feel like a criminal but it HAS to be done.

Have never had my purchases searched at any other store. Maybe it's more a locational thing where theft is more a problem in some areas than others. It was very nervy, standing there hoping no one had tampered with the items I was purchasing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:21:37 PM by Jack »