Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232445 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #8220 on: May 22, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »
If you are after something QV, I'm sure we can come to some arrangement, that wouldn't be a problem.

Got the stuff around for MDA, and the immediate beta-nitrovinylbenzene corresponding to 2C-D. And a bit of pseudoephedrine hanging around somewhere in a buried cache for a rainy day, so to speak. And can easily make the nitropropene precursor for the amphetamine counterpart to 2C-D, known as DOM.

Earliest I can get to work is this coming monday, as I'm fresh out of ether and THF, and need some sodium metal to dry said solvents for the LiAlH4 reduction of those nitroalkenes to the corresponding phenethylamine/amphetamines.

Could do H or dipropionylmorphine as well, although quantities would be limited, as I can only spare a little morphine, which is needed to produce either of the latter two.
Likewise, the PR and/or PA are more than welcome to do business also.

Also, BZP (benzylpiperazine) is available easily enough, a moderate stimulant, but its pretty rough around the edges, and generally not worth bothering with IMO. Piperazine ring was a big fat failure in general, where psychoactives are concerned.

Of course I know nothing of the local 'laws' regarding that sort of thing where you are, and I wouldn't want to commit a crime. So I will take it on trust and it need not be spoken of, that you have all requisite licenses to have such things in your possession. I'm a very trusting person like that:)

Same goes for PR and PA, I'm sure they too have all the legalese garbage needed. Very trusting person, me, sometimes.

Hope the PR feels better soon, guts-plague is no fun at all. I threw up a few times yesterday, not sure why, but just occasionally I seem to react badly to milk

PM me if you want to talk business QV.

Thanks for the offer Lestat.  My chemical of choice is food.  So beware of strange sounds coming from your kitchen.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8221 on: May 22, 2014, 01:14:17 PM »
I'm tired so very tired
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8222 on: May 22, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »
I don't feel like posting today, it would seem.

And yet ... you continue!  Fascinating!   :nerd!:

It's a reflex and does not require a conscious effort. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8223 on: May 22, 2014, 11:03:44 PM »
My quick bitch is quickly becoming a chronic bitch: I had to book yet another appointment with a doctor cos they are apparently incapable of following up on anything.  >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8224 on: May 23, 2014, 07:13:33 AM »
So do I, now that you mention it.

My bitch is that fucking Pinterest keeps sending me notification emails and I keep thinking the new email is actually going to be something important, like, oh, say, the person I've been waiting to hear back from. I need to go on there and turn them off.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8225 on: May 23, 2014, 08:34:05 AM »

My bitch is that fucking Pinterest keeps sending me notification emails and I keep thinking the new email is actually going to be something important, like, oh, say, the person I've been waiting to hear back from. I need to go on there and turn them off.

Pinterest is the anti-Christ.

I spend entirely too much time on there looking at stuff. :P

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8226 on: May 23, 2014, 01:10:03 PM »
Don't work in the kitchen, other than some simple, clean non-fume-producing tasks like filtration, crystallizations, did make a fair bit of GHB as a nipper in there until I had a flash-boiling mixture of caustic soda, gamma-butyrolactone dissolved in aq. methanol erupt out of a flask and hit me right in the eye the very nanosecond I adjusted my goggles to scratch the end of my nose, and COVER the kitchen. Thing went off like krakatoa, plastering (and in some, thankfully out of the way of line of sight,  melting the ceiling, walls, windows, door, cupboards, fridge/freezer, the full works)

To this day, I honestly have absolutely no idea how on earth I managed to cover that up, after sticking my eyes under the cold tap. But somehow managed not only to wipe and then rinse pretty much all of it off, but to rescue the portion of my yield, in a large part, that blasted itself up and out of the condenser. For reasons of covering my arse, I am not going to admit to how large a quantity was made, and splattered over the room, but it was more than I cared to lose, put it that way.

And GBL is not that easy to cover up either, it STINKS something awful. Not so much a very strong, overpowering quantitively kind of smell, but qualitatively, its bloody awful, kind of like what I imagine burnt rubber bike tire innertubes would smell like if rubber could rot like a piece of flesh does if its left somewhere long enough, an acrid, piercing, gag-inducing kind of burnt rubbery burning plastic-ish kind of stench.

GBL doesn't have the carrying power, stenchwise, of something like an isocyanide, or say, methanethiol, but what smell it does have is really repulsive, possibly it isn't the substance itself, but some sort of oxidation product, as the stink gets worse and worse the older the lactone is.

No idea how i got away with that, without my parents knowing something was up. Of course they did know I'm a chem/bio hacker, so I could tell them it was more or less anything other than making GHB, but I was shocked nobody noticed any melted plastic fittings anywhere, and that the stink had been successfully vented out.

I much preferred my old lab, which was in the garage, when we still had one. We had to convert it to a downstairs bedroom though when my mom's MS became too much for her to ever get up or down the stairs again (she needs a roof track-mounted hoist thingy now to be transferred from wheelchair to bed.) My current workspace is too small for my needs really. And it places too much constraint on what I can store or work with; in terms of toxicity, stability, pyrophoricity, biohazard etc.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #8227 on: May 23, 2014, 03:45:08 PM »
Don't work in the kitchen, other than some simple, clean non-fume-producing tasks like filtration, crystallizations, did make a fair bit of GHB as a nipper in there until I had a flash-boiling mixture of caustic soda, gamma-butyrolactone dissolved in aq. methanol erupt out of a flask and hit me right in the eye the very nanosecond I adjusted my goggles to scratch the end of my nose, and COVER the kitchen. Thing went off like krakatoa, plastering (and in some, thankfully out of the way of line of sight,  melting the ceiling, walls, windows, door, cupboards, fridge/freezer, the full works)

To this day, I honestly have absolutely no idea how on earth I managed to cover that up, after sticking my eyes under the cold tap. But somehow managed not only to wipe and then rinse pretty much all of it off, but to rescue the portion of my yield, in a large part, that blasted itself up and out of the condenser. For reasons of covering my arse, I am not going to admit to how large a quantity was made, and splattered over the room, but it was more than I cared to lose, put it that way.

And GBL is not that easy to cover up either, it STINKS something awful. Not so much a very strong, overpowering quantitively kind of smell, but qualitatively, its bloody awful, kind of like what I imagine burnt rubber bike tire innertubes would smell like if rubber could rot like a piece of flesh does if its left somewhere long enough, an acrid, piercing, gag-inducing kind of burnt rubbery burning plastic-ish kind of stench.

GBL doesn't have the carrying power, stenchwise, of something like an isocyanide, or say, methanethiol, but what smell it does have is really repulsive, possibly it isn't the substance itself, but some sort of oxidation product, as the stink gets worse and worse the older the lactone is.

No idea how i got away with that, without my parents knowing something was up. Of course they did know I'm a chem/bio hacker, so I could tell them it was more or less anything other than making GHB, but I was shocked nobody noticed any melted plastic fittings anywhere, and that the stink had been successfully vented out.

I much preferred my old lab, which was in the garage, when we still had one. We had to convert it to a downstairs bedroom though when my mom's MS became too much for her to ever get up or down the stairs again (she needs a roof track-mounted hoist thingy now to be transferred from wheelchair to bed.) My current workspace is too small for my needs really. And it places too much constraint on what I can store or work with; in terms of toxicity, stability, pyrophoricity, biohazard etc.

You mention being a bio hacker...have you ever genetically modified anything?
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8228 on: May 23, 2014, 03:45:57 PM »
The sun keeps coming out luring out into the outside to do  yard work only to have it cloud up and start raining when I do

George Bernard Shaw

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #8229 on: May 23, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »
The sun keeps coming out luring out into the outside to do  yard work only to have it cloud up and start raining when I do

Maybe it wants to bathe you?  :orly:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8230 on: May 23, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »
Why is it that I have no trouble making a colossal fire in a burn barrel or setting a pine tree on fire while burning pampass grass...but I fail miserably when I try to light charcoal in a pissy ass little grill? :facepalm2:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8231 on: May 23, 2014, 04:27:01 PM »

My security software company is spamming up my e-mail with dire warnings that my protection is about to expire.
  Dudes, no it isn't!  I just bought it last fall, it's good for a year!  Besides, when it's truly about to expire, I get a notification
  on my screen.  They spammed my e-mail once before, but never this persistently.  I think their bot is drunk on the job.  :beer:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8232 on: May 23, 2014, 09:03:54 PM »
:laugh: +

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #8233 on: May 24, 2014, 09:35:24 AM »
I don't feel like posting today, it would seem.

And yet ... you continue!  Fascinating!   :nerd!:

It's a reflex and does not require a conscious effort. :P

That explains many of your posts. :zoinks:

Why is it that I have no trouble making a colossal fire in a burn barrel or setting a pine tree on fire while burning pampass grass...but I fail miserably when I try to light charcoal in a pissy ass little grill? :facepalm2:

That sounds unfortunate.

My security software company is spamming up my e-mail with dire warnings that my protection is about to expire.
  Dudes, no it isn't!  I just bought it last fall, it's good for a year!  Besides, when it's truly about to expire, I get a notification
  on my screen.  They spammed my e-mail once before, but never this persistently.  I think their bot is drunk on the job.  :beer:

Perhaps this is a new bot cult. :tinfoil:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8234 on: May 24, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »

Use a propane torch to get them going,  I use a big roofing one but one for plumbing will do fine

George Bernard Shaw