Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235565 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #7095 on: November 03, 2013, 11:55:01 PM »
I want a dog but I'm allergic to them. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7096 on: November 04, 2013, 12:00:01 AM »
In a sad mood from the book I finished reading today.
Haha, QuirkyCarla is back!  :orly:

Hello QC, Good to see you again.

Likewise. :)

Missed your input!!

Good to see you again!

Thanks. Glad to see you're still here!

Yeah!  My life is a bit more complicated these days (requires more attention, despite my need for even more sleep!!  ... healing and all is rough!) with two teens in the house. One is ready to start driving.  And the younger one wants to have a baby, since I resist getting another pet. Can not put off getting another pet for much longer FFS!

Oh dammit DD. That made me laugh, but it is scary. My 12 year old would love another pet, and will not get it. I can rest assured though, she told me she never wants to have kids.

Cuddo's to you and your turmoil raising two teens. It is a hard job indeed.

I am totally "down" with getting a dog again. I got her a cat but the cat chose me as her person. Damn cat will not even tolerate a touch from my child.

SHIT!!

We NEED to get a dog so that at least she can have some partnership that will not scratch and bite her half to death (actually she likes to be scratched and bitten by the cat - this is a bit bothersome, because I think I know what it means regarding her autism. She is struggling with needing to be touched. Scary stuff for a father to watch and have zero control of with an almost thirteen year old daughter, who has already been a "woman" for three years now. Yeah she started early, big surprise!)

We just find pit bulls and Labs and German Shepherd mixes at the pound.  I really want to rescue a challenged animal.  Trouble is, the rescue animals have all been large dogs lately.  I want to find a smaller dog that would be happy in the city and in our small living space.  We do not have room for a large dog in our neighborhood.

MissKitty did some looking into really good dog breeds for autistic kids. I'm sure she would love to tell you about it if you pm her.
I've got two cats here. One will hardly ever let my nearly 13 year old touch him. And, he may fight her when she does. It is getting better now she gets older. The other one has taken up mothering her. Even defending her when we mock-fight. Though, scratches happen there too, and a lot more than with my other daughter or me.
There are breeds of cats, like ragdolls, that like it better around kids than other breeds of cats. Don't know if that is what would benefit your girl.

She just needs a cuddly friend that will tolerate her harsh, clumsy snuggles, like a GOOD dog would.

MissKitty, she did delve into that. Golden doodles, labradoodles, cross-breeds like that do well, IIRC.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7097 on: November 04, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »

I have cats and the allergy tests say I'm allergic to them (most likely the reason for my daily sneezing fits and sinus attacks :zoinks:) ...although it's not rated as severe as my allergy to dogs which triggers my asthma.

Basically according to the allergy tests I should probably be in a fucking bubble. :facepalm2:

They have shampoos that help, certain breeds are sometimes better than others...depends on how severe your allergy is though.

Allergies suck, you have my sympathy. :zombiefuck:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7098 on: November 04, 2013, 02:56:28 PM »

Sorry.

None of us have allergies to any animals. Only allergies we have are involved with the changes in the weather (? WTF!), pollen content (I have no allergies, actually) and mold related difficulties.

Wish you could get a dog!!

Dogs are great!

As soon as we can find a small dog, we will have a dog.  I want to rescue one from a bad home.  I keep looking at the proper places. I will get lucky, eventually.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7099 on: November 04, 2013, 11:47:07 PM »

I have cats and the allergy tests say I'm allergic to them (most likely the reason for my daily sneezing fits and sinus attacks :zoinks:) ...although it's not rated as severe as my allergy to dogs which triggers my asthma.

Basically according to the allergy tests I should probably be in a fucking bubble. :facepalm2:

They have shampoos that help, certain breeds are sometimes better than others...depends on how severe your allergy is though.

Allergies suck, you have my sympathy. :zombiefuck:

I like dogs a lot and they like me, so I tend to stop and say hi to them whenever presented with the opportunity. I usually have to suffer for it afterwards.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7100 on: November 04, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »

Sorry.

None of us have allergies to any animals. Only allergies we have are involved with the changes in the weather (? WTF!), pollen content (I have no allergies, actually) and mold related difficulties.

Wish you could get a dog!!

Dogs are great!

As soon as we can find a small dog, we will have a dog.  I want to rescue one from a bad home.  I keep looking at the proper places. I will get lucky, eventually.

We had several when I was a kid. The last one was one of these.

He chose me as his master from early on. I had no say in the matter. When I started at the uni and moved away from home, he went wild every time I came home. Regardless of when I opened that door--usually late Friday night--he'd follow me around until I'd yield and take him out for a long walk.

I really, really miss that dog.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7101 on: November 05, 2013, 05:13:22 PM »
My back pain is gone or tolerable until I sit at the computer.  Damn.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7102 on: November 05, 2013, 05:52:27 PM »
I have to bring a generator tomorrow as the power is unreliable at the house I am working on
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7103 on: November 05, 2013, 11:52:43 PM »
I have a two-hour presentation this morning but I don't feel prepared at all.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7104 on: November 06, 2013, 11:20:59 AM »
I have a headache. :-\

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7105 on: November 06, 2013, 05:12:08 PM »
Had gas spill in the back of the van today not a lot but it still smells
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7106 on: November 06, 2013, 06:08:10 PM »
My brain is trying to do too much at once and failing at it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7107 on: November 06, 2013, 09:13:52 PM »
  I have a lot of heartburn lately!  :sick:
I have too. I tried Ceilidh's gluten free chips and boy did I pay for it.

Another quick bitch: I am still gaining weight. In the past two years I have gained 20kgs. Yes, I was underweight before but this sucks. A lot of my clothes don't fit me any more.  ???

I am at my heaviest now.  :hug:   My weight gain is caused by bad eating habits.  Is yours related to medication?
I think so. I take three meds known to cause weight gain: haloperidol, quetiapine and lithium. I have been trying to eat healthier and exercise more (except for this week which is study week before exams) so I will give that a little more time to see if it is doing me any good.

The pants I was planning to wear to my sister's wedding are too small for me now. :(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7108 on: November 06, 2013, 11:41:09 PM »
I really really really don't want to work today.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7109 on: November 07, 2013, 12:13:37 AM »
Would love to work today, but, found my youngest too feeble to leave her alone for more than half an hour. She still was too dizzy to walk the stairs without support, yesterday. Not going to leave her alone.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!