Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231027 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #7080 on: November 02, 2013, 02:15:36 AM »
well earlier i accidently hit "mark all message read" again....so.....er.....sorry if I don't reply somewhere :/
:hyke:

We can live with that, sg1008. (yes, using "we" here deliberately :smarty: )
But, can you?

:flyingbat:

:hug:

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #7081 on: November 02, 2013, 02:07:41 PM »
well earlier i accidently hit "mark all message read" again....so.....er.....sorry if I don't reply somewhere :/
:hyke:

We can live with that, sg1008. (yes, using "we" here deliberately :smarty: )
But, can you?

:flyingbat:

:hug:

I perpetually wonder....what if the most awesomely awesome post was made and I completely missed it?  :GA:

:laugh:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7082 on: November 02, 2013, 08:48:25 PM »
I'm way over the weight that I should be in at the moment... so far today I haven't had the urge to over-eat as much.

Seeing that today was known as Day 1

I lost over forty pounds a couple of years back by simply pushing back my half full plate every day.  I still do so.  As a fat American I can stand to ease off on a few meals. 

It is all about trying to get a bit more exercise, if that is possible for you AND, most importantly,  eating less that you do normally.

Godspeed for you approaching Day Two!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7083 on: November 02, 2013, 08:49:25 PM »
In a sad mood from the book I finished reading today.
Haha, QuirkyCarla is back!  :orly:

Hello QC, Good to see you again.

Likewise. :)

Missed your input!!

Good to see you again!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7084 on: November 02, 2013, 09:21:16 PM »

Missed your input!!

Good to see you again!

Thanks. Glad to see you're still here!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7085 on: November 02, 2013, 09:40:02 PM »

Missed your input!!

Good to see you again!

Yeah!  My life is a bit more complicated these days (requires more attention, despite my need for even more sleep!!  ... healing and all is rough!) with two teens in the house. One is ready to start driving.  And the younger one wants to have a baby, since I resist getting another pet. Can not put off getting another pet for much longer FFS!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7086 on: November 03, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »

Missed your input!!

Good to see you again!

Yeah!  My life is a bit more complicated these days (requires more attention, despite my need for even more sleep!!  ... healing and all is rough!) with two teens in the house. One is ready to start driving.  And the younger one wants to have a baby, since I resist getting another pet. Can not put off getting another pet for much longer FFS!

Oh dammit DD. That made me laugh, but it is scary. My 12 year old would love another pet, and will not get it. I can rest assured though, she told me she never wants to have kids.

Cuddo's to you and your turmoil raising two teens. It is a hard job indeed.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7087 on: November 03, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »

Missed your input!!

Good to see you again!

Oh jeez. Good luck. Lol.

For a quick bitch:

I'm moving to an apartment and living with some strangers (both male and female). Realtor screwed up, and one of the guys had moved into the room I wanted. Luckily he agreed as a favor to the realtor to switch rooms. However, the realtor told me he would switch rooms Friday night (in order for my bed to be delivered early Saturday morning). I showed up around 8:30 am yesterday...the guy hadn't switched, and I had to knock on the bedroom door to wake him up. He said the realtor told him he had all day to move. Luckily he was nice and moved all of his stuff quickly (just in time for my bed to be delivered as well), but that was a really awkward way to meet one of my roommates (still haven't met the others, as I'm not finished moving in. Might wait until I get my desktop set up there).

I guess that wasn't such a quick bitch after all.  :autism:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7088 on: November 03, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »
Windy and cold at the flea market
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #7089 on: November 03, 2013, 10:54:24 PM »
starfish are MELTING in areas along the west coast. damnit.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/361097
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7090 on: November 03, 2013, 11:03:20 PM »
starfish are MELTING in areas along the west coast. damnit.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/361097
Little tiny voices going "Help me I'm melting!"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7091 on: November 03, 2013, 11:08:44 PM »

Missed your input!!

Good to see you again!

Oh dammit DD. That made me laugh, but it is scary. My 12 year old would love another pet, and will not get it. I can rest assured though, she told me she never wants to have kids.

I am totally "down" with getting a dog again. I got her a cat but the cat chose me as her person. Damn cat will not even tolerate a touch from my child.

SHIT!!

We NEED to get a dog so that at least she can have some partnership that will not scratch and bite her half to death (actually she likes to be scratched and bitten by the cat - this is a bit bothersome, because I think I know what it means regarding her autism. She is struggling with needing to be touched. Scary stuff for a father to watch and have zero control of with an almost thirteen year old daughter, who has already been a "woman" for three years now. Yeah she started early, big surprise!)

We just find pit bulls and Labs and German Shepherd mixes at the pound.  I really want to rescue a challenged animal.  Trouble is, the rescue animals have all been large dogs lately.  I want to find a smaller dog that would be happy in the city and in our small living space.  We do not have room for a large dog in our neighborhood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7092 on: November 03, 2013, 11:14:24 PM »

Missed your input!!

Good to see you again!

Oh jeez. Good luck. Lol.

For a quick bitch:

I'm moving to an apartment and living with some strangers (both male and female). Realtor screwed up, and one of the guys had moved into the room I wanted. Luckily he agreed as a favor to the realtor to switch rooms. However, the realtor told me he would switch rooms Friday night (in order for my bed to be delivered early Saturday morning). I showed up around 8:30 am yesterday...the guy hadn't switched, and I had to knock on the bedroom door to wake him up. He said the realtor told him he had all day to move. Luckily he was nice and moved all of his stuff quickly (just in time for my bed to be delivered as well), but that was a really awkward way to meet one of my roommates (still haven't met the others, as I'm not finished moving in. Might wait until I get my desktop set up there).

I guess that wasn't such a quick bitch after all.  :autism:

SHIT.

I thought I had my hands full.

Living with strangers, though? NO!  You are showing resilience I never could have had.

GODSPEED to you!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7093 on: November 03, 2013, 11:32:08 PM »

Missed your input!!

Good to see you again!

I am totally "down" with getting a dog again. I got her a cat but the cat chose me as her person. Damn cat will not even tolerate a touch from my child.

SHIT!!

We NEED to get a dog so that at least she can have some partnership that will not scratch and bite her half to death (actually she likes to be scratched and bitten by the cat - this is a bit bothersome, because I think I know what it means regarding her autism. She is struggling with needing to be touched. Scary stuff for a father to watch and have zero control of with an almost thirteen year old daughter, who has already been a "woman" for three years now. Yeah she started early, big surprise!)

We just find pit bulls and Labs and German Shepherd mixes at the pound.  I really want to rescue a challenged animal.  Trouble is, the rescue animals have all been large dogs lately.  I want to find a smaller dog that would be happy in the city and in our small living space.  We do not have room for a large dog in our neighborhood.

MissKitty did some looking into really good dog breeds for autistic kids. I'm sure she would love to tell you about it if you pm her.
I've got two cats here. One will hardly ever let my nearly 13 year old touch him. And, he may fight her when she does. It is getting better now she gets older. The other one has taken up mothering her. Even defending her when we mock-fight. Though, scratches happen there too, and a lot more than with my other daughter or me.
There are breeds of cats, like ragdolls, that like it better around kids than other breeds of cats. Don't know if that is what would benefit your girl.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7094 on: November 03, 2013, 11:38:25 PM »

Missed your input!!

Good to see you again!

SHIT!!

MissKitty did some looking into really good dog breeds for autistic kids. I'm sure she would love to tell you about it if you pm her.
I've got two cats here. One will hardly ever let my nearly 13 year old touch him. And, he may fight her when she does. It is getting better now she gets older. The other one has taken up mothering her. Even defending her when we mock-fight. Though, scratches happen there too, and a lot more than with my other daughter or me.
There are breeds of cats, like ragdolls, that like it better around kids than other breeds of cats. Don't know if that is what would benefit your girl.

She just needs a cuddly friend that will tolerate her harsh, clumsy snuggles, like a GOOD dog would.