Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 217926 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #18645 on: March 23, 2024, 08:06:22 PM »
I really need to stop bashing myself... especially the "retard" accusations -_-

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #18646 on: March 26, 2024, 10:23:35 AM »
This is the second day in a row I've been forced to drink Pepsi to get my daily dose of caffeine and I am just about ready to murder someone

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18647 on: March 27, 2024, 04:13:30 AM »
This is the second day in a row I've been forced to drink Pepsi to get my daily dose of caffeine and I am just about ready to murder someone
Pepsi, nah. Coke all the way.

I could have had my mattress delivered today instead of tomorrow! I rang the bedding/furniture place to confirm my mattress would be delivered today because I doubted what I heard when they rang me last week. The guy on the other end said no, it's tomorrow and you're getting an afternoon delivery. I said ok, thanks, and hung up. But then, when I took Kayleigh to her doctor appointment, I was rung by someone who said they'd deliver my mattress in 10 minutes! I said I can't get home in time and anyway I was told earlier that delivery would be tomorrow. They were confused but said they'd see me tomorrow then.

If it weren't for Kayleigh's appointment... argh!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18648 on: March 27, 2024, 09:17:24 AM »
Fighting again with the cable company BS.

This morning, as I began my coffee and sat down to catch up some on the internet, they disabled one of my devices. Right in front of me, while I was using it, at about 5AM.

More than a week ago they shipped out to me some updated equipment, which I have not yet installed.
So, I HAD to take that time this morning to go and dink around switching out the one old box for another newer box and then re-establish password logins from a new beginning on all my devices.

:hair:

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I spent hours getting my services to properly reflect on my billing statement.
I was still being charged what was supposed to have been taken off in December, when we changed our plan service.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 09:22:47 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18649 on: March 27, 2024, 06:24:40 PM »
I'm an idiot -______-

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18650 on: March 29, 2024, 03:25:23 PM »
And quite frankly, your two-party system wouldn't work anyway.

It already doesn't.  Our country is dying.  I don't think we can enact the reforms necessary to save it.  We need a significant restructuring of the Federal Government but the only people of any significance who want to do that prefer a religious dictatorship to any form of democracy.

It's all become dogma instead of something to be adapted as times change. See how your supreme court is elected for life. I mean, what's the bloody point?

Supposedly the idea was that it makes them less political.  Of course that's absolutely nonsense.  Same with having the senate approve the president's nomination instead of the house.  Originally the Senate was unelected, although that changed state-by-state over the years and eventually was enshrined in the constitution.  There have been some discussions of modernizing the court, but the liberals are too conservative to fight for it and the conservatives will go scorched earth over people like me just literally existing so there's not a lot that the political environment over here allows us to do.  We need to change it from the bottom up, same as senators being directly elected, proportional representation, and the directorial system, in cities then states, then standard for the whole country.  As for what the judiciary should look like, I'm not really sure.  I used to be very firm in my belief it should be elected but apparently that's a very weird way of doing things that most countries don't do; I don't think I understand the arguments for and against to really be sure.  Perhaps it could be balanced between some elected and some appointed members.  But I still don't think a person should hold the same posiition of government authority for more than ten years.  Maybe twelve years, if one term is like six years long or something.  But after that point they should either run for something else or retire from government

While four years may be somewhat limiting, it is usually enough to change things.  I'd say five years works. Six, maybe. But doubling any of these is potentially dangerous.

With most countries, the damage is local. With the US, everyone suffers. Superpowers are not healthy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18651 on: March 29, 2024, 03:27:33 PM »
I need to refocus on something other than work.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18652 on: March 30, 2024, 09:25:47 PM »
I'm thinking of writing a note to give to the business next door. Every night when I'm going to sleep, their security light gets activated by cars going past. I have blinds on my window but the light gets in around them. I'm hoping they can desensitise (sp) the light or move it so it's not facing the road as much.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #18653 on: March 30, 2024, 09:56:23 PM »
Walmart store radio sucks with a capitol S.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18654 on: March 31, 2024, 12:32:20 AM »
Salvos store radio sucks as well. It's called Smooth FM and they play the same shitty songs every day. Their reports on the weather are pathetic too.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18655 on: March 31, 2024, 05:31:23 AM »
I'm on crush boi's "annoying person to ignore" list again ::)

I'll not attend trivia for a few weeks. We'll see if my conspicuous absence makes his elders tell him to pull his head in.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18656 on: March 31, 2024, 07:59:18 AM »
Salvos store radio sucks as well. It's called Smooth FM and they play the same shitty songs every day. Their reports on the weather are pathetic too.

Walmart doesn't have weather reports, but, they have DJ's that are NOT witty or even remotely amusing and they play the most vacuous insipid music and they think they are sooooooo cool! ::)  Fortunately after nearly 7 years there, I'm getting better at tuning them out.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18657 on: April 01, 2024, 12:37:49 PM »

Ew  >:( I hate Walmart Radio

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18658 on: April 01, 2024, 02:22:36 PM »

I don't know ANYBODY who does! 

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18659 on: April 01, 2024, 04:21:34 PM »

I don't know ANYBODY who does!

Probably a little grouchy Argentenian Janitor whose only friend is a Canadian Goose named Fred.