Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 217422 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13905 on: February 16, 2018, 02:01:48 PM »
Fucking mice.

Weeble...where are you? I've got a mouse problem.

Furry little asshole made a nest in the blower fan on the truck. Turned on the fan and it sounded like I shredded a gerbil and all I got was the pleasant aroma of mouse piss thru the defroster vents.

Thankfully it was pretty accessible and under the hood, not buried under the dash.

I found sunflower seeds and crew marks on my vans airfilter once,  I was just happy he didn't get all the way through before I found it.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13906 on: February 16, 2018, 02:05:21 PM »
Mud!!!  Today at the house I worked on,  I ddnt have any problems getting in or out but there were signs others were not so lucky

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13907 on: February 17, 2018, 07:14:23 AM »
Looking for some carbon disulfide, I need a few liters of it. Production DIY is rather a pain, and for relatively small quantities (40-50ml for a meter long quartz tube packed with carbon and heated with gas burners or electrical resistance heating with nichrome wire coils)

Plus volatilizing sulfur and forcing it in vapor form through said tube. Pain in the ass.
Especially when I need a liter or two. Need to turn an arylalkyl carboxylic acid into a nitrile and then an amine, followed by eschweiler-clarke methylation to my final product.

And I'm looking at a route to the nitrile that uses diphosphorus tetraiodide, rather than any route using cyanides, for obvious reasons that cyanides are nasty ass shit. And it turns out that
what I want to try works best only in anhydrous CS2. None on ebay, and its proving hard to find.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13908 on: March 01, 2018, 08:22:04 AM »
Wow what a surprise, they hired one of Tilly's FB friends for the new admin assistant in the financial planning dept.... Why even bother advertising the position if they're going to fill it that way?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13909 on: March 01, 2018, 08:55:15 AM »
It might have been mandatory for them to advertise the position, legally speaking, presumably if so to prevent nepotism and the like.

Thats what I'm guessing is the case at least. They advertised it only to fill a legal requirement when they'd already decided who was going to get the job. A pretty gay thing to do IMO.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13910 on: March 13, 2018, 07:15:48 AM »
Said new employee wears sneaker/sand shoes to the office. I wonder when the partners will say something.

Anyway another trip to the dealership today, at their behest I may add. The area manager was there and we went for a road test in my car together to observe the rear whining noise that's still ever present. No surprises he claimed he couldn't hear it and wrote anything he could hear off as radial tyre noise.

I'm going away to visit dad next month. If I break down in Walgett or somewhere due to their ignorance I'm ringing them to tow me 10 hours drive home.

At least I took the opportunity to get my hands on an engine air filter and cabin filter while I was there (for the service I'm getting done at an independent mechanic).

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13911 on: March 14, 2018, 11:45:46 PM »
Sneakers to an office job? Whoops!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13912 on: March 15, 2018, 02:14:59 AM »
Depends on the office, I'd say.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13913 on: March 15, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »
The pharmacy 7 blocks from my house is closing.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13914 on: March 16, 2018, 01:40:05 AM »
Online course froze. That's the second time.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13915 on: March 16, 2018, 01:41:13 AM »
Slight headache. This could develop into a full-blown migraine.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13916 on: March 16, 2018, 03:55:53 PM »
Not the only one with pharmacy problems then.

Not closing, but had a script done the other day, after a GP had spoken to me over the phone, had to send my old man as I can't walk atm.  Was for a small amount of morphine, and some additional oxy, to help deal with my foot. But my doc had misunderstood, I should have been clearer in hindsight, as I made reference to 'ten strips' of blister pack capsules, and what I meant, was strips that contain capsules which each contain ten milligrams, not that I had ten strips of 30mg. As a result I ended up getting some oxy IR and 8x30mg morphine. And I had to call him back, he made a housecall to check up on my foot anyway, and realized that it was WAY less both than needed and than either of us intended, so he wrote up another script.

Pharmacy filled the first additional one, the second was two days later, I.e today. Fucking nosy busybodying cock end of a pharmacist refused to fill it until he'd made a load of formal checks that took HOURS with the doctors, talking bollocks about 'accidental overprescribing', when no, it was the same doctor, not two different ones, and all he'd need as confirmation is to compare the fucking signatures of the GP on the scripts, and his name in print. There aren't two doctors with the exact same name at that surgery.

And he definitely knew what was what, because he actually CAME here and SAW the fucking boxes, and dates, (the GP) and knew exactly  what had been prescribed, then when there was a problem, fixed it.

I'm going to give that pharmacist one hell of a bollocking the next time I actually can go down there. Thankfully I had some of the first lot of oxy, and although I didn't expect more, I was given more of that as well ( i was expecting that to have been 10mg morphine caps, not 50-something 10mg oxycodone IR caps, although it works for me, especially as oxy actually has a proper oral bioavailability, and doesn't need to be shot [thanks to another screwup way down the line, when changing from oxy only to morphine as my main pain med and lower dose oxy as breakthrough, some dumbfuck being interested only in the number of milligrams of morphine swallowed, and didn't care that orally its a lot less effective than oxy because only some 20 to 30% avoids being destroyed in the liver if taken by mouth, before it ever gets to the brain. What SHOULD have been done is calculate the equipotency value, and if she had difficulty with that I could have told her the conversion factor, since what matters is what effect it has on the patient, not the physical weight that enters someone's mouth, but the quantity of that that goes into their brain where it needs to act. Leaving me stuck using it via IM or IV, although they don't know that bit and I can't tell them obviously. And ideally, also improving on the potency of morphine vis a vis one of it's more potent and much longer acting derivatives. Thankfully morphine is a medicine highly amenable to semisynthetic approaches to a variety of opioids.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13917 on: March 17, 2018, 01:55:06 AM »
Didn't get enough sleep. :yawn:

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13918 on: March 17, 2018, 03:28:23 AM »
$pent too much money this fortnight. I'm meant to be saving.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #13919 on: March 17, 2018, 08:38:18 AM »
Ironic that we’re getting radio adverts claiming obesity is the #1 leading cause of cancer, and they’re having a show on TV called The Great Celebrity Bake Off for “Stand Up To Cancer”, and we’re getting a sugar tax meaning different drinks companies are replacing sugar with carcinogenic sweeteners.

I’m in a bad mood, for other reasons though.
:dog: