Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 218065 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13785 on: December 25, 2017, 05:37:51 AM »
I'm hungry now. Dammit.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13786 on: December 27, 2017, 01:46:33 PM »
Looking for clock hands for my dysfunctional clock so that I can set the time properly and it won't be dysfunctional.

Might take longer than I thought, because it's older than I thought (1909)....and actually all original and working except for one missing hand.

I was just expecting a junky old clock I could put cheap replacement hands on.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13787 on: December 27, 2017, 05:55:22 PM »
I always get paranoid when people delete me off of facebook. Because first of all, was it because we don't talk, or was it because I have a tendency to put on a creepy vibe?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13788 on: December 27, 2017, 06:05:50 PM »
I always get paranoid when people delete me off of facebook. Because first of all, was it because we don't talk, or was it because I have a tendency to put on a creepy vibe?

Send them an exit survey.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #13789 on: December 27, 2017, 06:30:14 PM »
Gopher Gary!!!  :)  :bee:
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #13790 on: December 27, 2017, 06:31:03 PM »
I don’t mind crowds either. I was convinced for years I hated crowds. I was actually saying to my support worker the other day that when I go on the train in rush hour, it’s really quite fine. I actually feel cosy being around all the commuters coming home from London.
Don't mind public crowds much. Crowds are different now than they used to be; they're quiet. Everyone is so disengaged and tapped into their phones, it's like being alone.

I suppose they are more disengaged. Not sure if they’re quiet though. Are they?
:dog:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13791 on: December 27, 2017, 06:49:26 PM »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13792 on: December 27, 2017, 07:41:12 PM »

So, I had cut off two inches of my beard length a few days ago. It was becoming too long, down quite a bit below my collar bones and really a toil with winter wind.

I show up at work and they had hired a Santa to work the front of the store on Christmas eve.

He took one look at me and proclaimed, "WOW! Another recruit!"

Santa recruit?  OK. I look like a Santa thing. Even with almost half my beard gone.

Not so much bitching as maybe bragging some.
 :2thumbsup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13793 on: December 27, 2017, 07:42:44 PM »
Are those presents or are you happy to see me?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13794 on: December 27, 2017, 10:01:36 PM »

A little of both, maybe.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13795 on: December 28, 2017, 08:40:54 AM »
Well there is disliking crowds and disliking crowds, if you know what I mean. You don't have to be autistic to hate crowds. Ever been stuck on a tram, etc. with some horde of drunken football fans yelling football related garbage? or got on one so tightly packed that you can only stand due to the fact that there is somebody's armpit at face level no matter which way you are oriented.

Or down a high-street with a bunch of filthy romanian beggars (who probably aren't even poor, and have a special set of filthy-beggar-clothing as an outfit to make more money) pestering you every few meters until enough get kicked in the head after being sarcastically asked 'you need help?' in romanian, with the help quite obviously being a kick in the face. (note-I'd not do that to someone who merely asked for money, only to the type that are highly aggressive about it, 'you give money now, you give money now now now'...whilst grabbing hold of you etc. looking for an opportunity to get a hand in a pocket and relieve you of valuables. There are too many filthy romanian dirtbags at least here that do just that, and if they pick me, the valuables they are likely to get, are those valuable only to the owner that they were born to, such as knuckles, feet and foreheads)

I'm happy enough to give a little spare if I can afford to do so to people obviously genuinely in need, but the moment someone starts borderline mugging me, I'm going get in the first stomp so they don't get that far. Aggressive beggars are the pits, and worse still are ones that come in crowds, trying distraction tactics etc. Those,  I do regard as fucking trash, people in plain bad circumstances I'll treat with compassion. Had a hobo friend once, not anymore, I'm pretty sure he's dead, after a batch of heroin went round his* area of the city that within weeks of its appearance, not a  single person connected to H in any way ever was heard from again, and having tried the stuff (with a very, very high tolerance to pain meds at the time, it cannot, possibly NOT have been cut with some form of super-potent opioid, like fentanyl etc. because even vaporized in a pipe, piece of broken pipette etc. something the size of a grain of sand would knock me out cold in a single toke in seconds. And I've had pure dipropionylmorphine, which is at LEAST of greater potency than diamorphine (heroin) than H is compared to morphine, and a couple more times on top of that, I know that to have been of high purity, because I performed analysis on it in various ways, and I....witnessed its creation...from pharmaceutical morphine sulfate. So even had the stuff been 100% pure pharmaceutical diamorphine HCl, it COULDN'T have done that. The dose of this stuff that would, even smoked, have knocked me out in about as much time as it would take to breathe out, ergo, must have contained an additional, active compound, given that if it was H, the dose would have been detectable only by its taste, and have exerted no effect.

After that turned up, guy disappeared. Was a really decent guy, lost his home due to circumstance, life taking a shit on him basically, and he turned to kit, not really surprising considering how rotten the life of the genuinely homeless and destitute must be, especially in winter, and times like xmas. But the 'beggars' that do not ask, but either demand, or almost-mug, they really piss me off, and the obvious scammers, they are just begging to be stuck on a spit and slow-roasted over coals in hell.

As for crowds, a simple collection of people is different from those wishing to interact. I've no issues going into a shop, for example, but if every shopper wanted to stop and talk about their life and how shit their day was, I reckon I'd end up fairly fucked off, fairly quickly, and asking if I could trade in human heads for a discount :autism:

And those times where its impossible to avoid being crammed into non-interacting people like sardines in a can (ew...who the hell dreamt up something that unappetizing and imagining they would both A-sell and B-not end up sitting in the back of a kitchen shelf if bought at all for so long that they've gone so far beyond 'shelf life' that they need to be opened by manipulator-arms in a negative-pressure chamber with leaded, boron-doped glass viewports if the opener is to avoid developing cancer as a result of proximity exposure), that is an experience NOBODY wants (at least unless you happen for some weird reason to ENJOY being nasally-raped by a horde of armpits), autistic or not.

Crowds down't actually bother me much, I just see them as mobile pieces of meat for the most part. There are occasional individuals one might actually meet that have value, but as crowd-elements, sans a meeting of value, they are just moving objects to avoid walking into.

Other bitch-I used to have the videogame 'fallout-tactics', on a HD that later, failed. I've just started redownloading it, and although it came (via gog.com) with two free games, and cost about £7, thats the first time I've PAID for a game in about 15 years, maybe more:( I'm appalled. I had to PAY for software. The very thought turns my stomach.

*his as in frequented, not to imply he owned the area obviously
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13796 on: December 28, 2017, 09:28:19 AM »
I don't like crowds.

It's probably a sensory thing.

You're stuck in a crowd and you've got the kid whining like a siren 3 ft from you, the woman who marinated in her perfume before leaving home, the guy with 3 dogs who hasn't washed his coat in heaven knows how long, the woman in back of you that's sniffling and coughing like she has typhoid, the girl that says "really?" after every sentence, the other dude that's talking so loudly the whole store can hear him, then there's always the one with absolutely no concept of personal space....

You get the picture. I can't filter shit out.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13797 on: December 28, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »

God Bless The Gopher!!!!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13798 on: December 28, 2017, 06:05:19 PM »
I don’t mind crowds either. I was convinced for years I hated crowds. I was actually saying to my support worker the other day that when I go on the train in rush hour, it’s really quite fine. I actually feel cosy being around all the commuters coming home from London.
Don't mind public crowds much. Crowds are different now than they used to be; they're quiet. Everyone is so disengaged and tapped into their phones, it's like being alone.

I suppose they are more disengaged. Not sure if they’re quiet though. Are they?
Seems they are. Three out of four recent flights were delayed, so spent absurd amounts of time in backlogged terminals so crowded there weren't enough seats for all the people waiting around. It was calm silence with no one interacting with their fellow travelers; just tapped into their devices even very young children. Literally only noticed one group of people engaged with each other; a family of three sitting on the floor playing UNO. Even among them, the mom was in her phone when it wasn't her turn, and only the father and son were actively paying attention to each other.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13799 on: December 28, 2017, 06:54:08 PM »

God Bless The Gopher!!!!

:roses: