Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 218058 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13725 on: November 29, 2017, 10:04:10 PM »
You know, a hammock ain't that bad an idea....I might even try it.  Would clear space for another lab bench...:D

And CQ--aww hun. That breaks my heart to read, about the cats. I just want to be there at your place now with a laser pen and something on a string so I can take night shifts. A cat, crying..that is a thing which should not be:(
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13726 on: November 30, 2017, 07:38:28 AM »
Working another weekend to be ready for Monday inspection
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13727 on: November 30, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »
The cats came back from the boarding kennels starving for attention. The oldest one has even been crying for attention while I'm asleep, which she's never done before!

I seem to be a bad cat owner.  We accidentally locked our 2 cats (Martha Gras and Ashley Wednesday) outside during Katrina.  When we came back 3 weeks later they were half feral, but safe.  We got no flooding.

Once, years ago, Mom locked my cat in her bedroom while we went away for a 4 or 5 day trip.  The cat left a welcome home surprise on Mom's bed.  But Squeaky wouldn't drink or eat until she felt comfortable after much cuddling.  Cats are not as independent as they would like us to believe.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13728 on: November 30, 2017, 05:26:57 PM »
'quote 'half feral'...pets taking after their owners at its most natural.

'Your half feral majesty'...have a good ring to it? :P Question is which half. Is it vertical axis, horizontal. Or if we were to take a marker pen and quarter you (not the kind of 'quartering' you do to errant subjects that seem to be universally well endowed in the downstairs department, after your court artists get done with the sketching...which seems a little unfair for just being born with a big...ahem...and being a natural poser for some bugger with a paintbrush. A bit on the harsh side), you come in a sort of feral leg, and opposing feral shoulder sort of harlequin pattern :autism: ?

As far as your mom...she got a welcome home gift from the cat? that was generous. Can't say your mom didn't deserve  what she was given though. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that the thing that was left on the bed wasn't a home cooked meal and a glass of wine, pair of candles either side and a come-hither look, inasmuch as a creature with a fixed manner of jaw-articulation can give something of that nature)

As for self sufficient, well just think what would happen if they had opposable thumbs. Who'd be eating from a bowl on the kitchen floor and leaving dead birds on who's doorstep then? if we were lucky we might get to read the mail after bringing it in when they got done :autism:

Thankfully they haven't, so they contract out hired help instead. You know it, they own you, you are, if you think about it, a cat's bitch :hahaha:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:28:37 PM by Lestat »

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13729 on: December 01, 2017, 11:33:13 PM »
My cats have been a little better at being left alone at home since they can keep each other company. They were kept separate at the kennels.

I'm happy to leave my cats alone to fend for themselves for one or two nights. The first time I left my first cat alone I came home and found her petrified under the bed :laugh:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13730 on: December 02, 2017, 01:02:02 AM »
My cats have been a little better at being left alone at home since they can keep each other company. They were kept separate at the kennels.

I'm happy to leave my cats alone to fend for themselves for one or two nights. The first time I left my first cat alone I came home and found her petrified under the bed :laugh:
We can't leave our cats even for a night. This is because Molly won't use a litter tray if Liam has been in it. And if they have separate trays, she will still shit on the floor. On more than one occasion I have stepped on it in the dark. Ew.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13731 on: December 02, 2017, 05:17:34 AM »
My computer died this afternoon. Blue screen after blue screen. Kayleigh is having a look at the hard drive on her computer but I don't have much hope for it.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13732 on: December 02, 2017, 05:48:35 AM »
Have you any restore point? what OS are you running? if its win7, not sure about vista, or 10, but it'd be unsurprising if all three such abominations did something similar, you might be able to force it to think its been shut down incorrectly by booting it up and straight up just turning off the power, either through the computer, or directly pulling the plug  if the power button triggers a menu and the lock-ups won't let you get past or to it, the kind of thing that would likely trigger safe mode options during the bios coming online during bootup before windows starts.

On this machine (currently the HD in it is running win7 *fingers down throat moment* ) there is another sort of boot choice menu before that comes into play if its been incorrectly shut down by turning it off, you only get IIRC 3 seconds to choose, or it'll boot into the safe mode choices, but there is a menu which allows one to either boot as normal or the lower option, (down key) takes you to a point whereby the backup image, a very basic clone of (unregistered) the OS, can be used and it'll take the thing right back to the start.

Be aware doing so is a commitment, it nukes the thing and reinstalls the OS from scratch, data is not preserved. Once you do it, it'll wipe the drive irrevocably of EVERYTHING. And reinstall the OS from what appears to be a hidden partition. Might not help if you've gotten a boot sector virus, not sure, but I had to use it once after some malware slipped through the scanners, got detected but AV, etc. was unable to kill it and make it stay dead. Thing was some kind of freak virus-zombie that kept on moaning for brains even after having its head shot off.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13733 on: December 02, 2017, 10:21:53 AM »
'quote 'half feral'...pets taking after their owners at its most natural.

'Your half feral majesty'...have a good ring to it? :P Question is which half. Is it vertical axis, horizontal. Or if we were to take a marker pen and quarter you (not the kind of 'quartering' you do to errant subjects that seem to be universally well endowed in the downstairs department, after your court artists get done with the sketching...which seems a little unfair for just being born with a big...ahem...and being a natural poser for some bugger with a paintbrush. A bit on the harsh side), you come in a sort of feral leg, and opposing feral shoulder sort of harlequin pattern :autism: ?

As far as your mom...she got a welcome home gift from the cat? that was generous. Can't say your mom didn't deserve  what she was given though. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that the thing that was left on the bed wasn't a home cooked meal and a glass of wine, pair of candles either side and a come-hither look, inasmuch as a creature with a fixed manner of jaw-articulation can give something of that nature)

As for self sufficient, well just think what would happen if they had opposable thumbs. Who'd be eating from a bowl on the kitchen floor and leaving dead birds on who's doorstep then? if we were lucky we might get to read the mail after bringing it in when they got done :autism:

Thankfully they haven't, so they contract out hired help instead. You know it, they own you, you are, if you think about it, a cat's bitch :hahaha:

Oops.  Mom accidentally locked Squeaky in her bedroom.  We had all the bedrooms closed and were going to let Squeaky have the run of the rest of the house.  The best laid plans............

Opposable thumbs brings Harlan Ellison's short story, The Barn, to mind.

The half feral bit is all inside.  Normal, deceptive appearance on the outside.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13734 on: December 02, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »
My computer died this afternoon. Blue screen after blue screen. Kayleigh is having a look at the hard drive on her computer but I don't have much hope for it.

Muchos condolences.  If it can't be saved, you can do this!   :smash:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13735 on: December 02, 2017, 06:21:28 PM »
I vote set it on fire.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13736 on: December 03, 2017, 03:08:31 AM »
Taking it out to the middle of nowhere and blowing it up in a toilet might be more amusing :P

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13737 on: December 03, 2017, 03:29:04 AM »
Giving it to some place so it can be recycled is boring but more to my liking.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #13738 on: December 03, 2017, 03:32:46 AM »
Take out the HDD first (to prevent others from viewing your data) and smash it. Recycle the rest.
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13739 on: December 03, 2017, 04:51:31 AM »
The rest of the machine is likely enough not to be at fault. Worth at least testing another HD in the thing. It would be pointless to discard the entire machine if the problem is due to a software issue.

If its windows most anything post-XP it probably choked to death on its own bloatware :P