Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 218010 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13680 on: October 30, 2017, 05:38:16 PM »
Painful right shoulder. It seems to be a daily constant lately.
Have been having similar problem; not only shoulder pain but also forearm pain and finger numbness. Mine is definitely bad sleeping position stressing major nerves in the shoulder of one arm and elbow of other arm. It's hard to stop though, because well, am sleeping. :laugh:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13681 on: October 30, 2017, 06:37:43 PM »
I've been getting, quite literally, a pain in the arse. Well, not quite in the arse. For quite some time. Its just above, at my coccyx, after a while lying-up (stretched out on the sofa, legs out, back propped up against a cushion or against the back of the sofa itself) so half sitting up half lying. My coccyx starts to burn, and really get quite sore. Fades fairly fast, when the pressure is taken off. There's no visible injury, and nothing I can think of that I could have done. I did collapse the other week or so a couple of times due to orthostatic hypotension, a side effect of taking two paired-up sympatholytic drugs that work via blockade of noradrenaline release, one to serve as a prophylaxis of sorts against overloads and the other as a muscle relaxant strong enough to stand up to the effects of the nerve damage in one of my legs [causes very strong, and quite excruciatingly painful contraction of the calf muscle, due, as far as I can figure it, contractive signalling working either as it should or in excess whilst the ability to relax the muscle having the corresponding neurological feed not working properly, resulting in a net tendency towards very poorly opposed, and continual contraction of the calf muscle, and its the only drug I've found that stops the pain, well, the only one that deals with the actual cause of the pain, rather than masking it as opioids do. Those do help diminish the PERCEPTION of the pain, make it feel less important, but they don't stop it. The root cause of the pain is still there, and this one med, zanaflex, tizanidine, is the only thing thats able to relax the muscle properly, enough to stop the pain even without painkillers, actually servicing the hardware rather than just stopping the subroutine coding for 'ow bloody hell!!' running in the software. So to speak. I've tried quite a few other muscle relaxants-baclofen (no effect, I'm a nonresponder to it at ANY dose. Baclofen is odd stuff, some people it doesn't work by mouth for whatsoever no matter what quantity they take, and I seem to be one of them, usual dose is 10-20mg or so, I can take grams and have zero effect bar a slight blurring of  vision, whilst some people find it works by spinal pump and not by mouth, some find it works by mouth and not at all by spinal pump...and I'm not going that bloody far in any case),

Tried methocarbamol, one of the carbamate GABAa agonists, or a prodrug of one, and found it complete and utter shite, smells funny too. Tried benzodiazepines for it (the standard one first, diazepam, don't like it, benzos that have oxazepam as an active metabolite can cause paradoxical reactions in me, and do exactly the opposite of what you'd expect from an anti-anxiety, sleep-aiding, relaxing, pleasant, fear-quelling, anticonvulsant with muscle relaxant properties. Tried lorazepam, loprazolam, nitrazepam, chlordiazepoxide and temazepam, and none of them helped with the muscle cramping, many benzos do work on me just fine as they are meant to, indeed I have a nitrazepam prescription, and its a strong, long acting drug that acts as a heavy-duty sedative-hypnotic, anxiolytic, calming and anticonvulsant drug with powerful muscle relaxer properties but all the same its not strong enough, not even close, to dealing with the calf issue)

What else....gamma-butyrolactone and its saponified and ring-opened derivative GHB as the sodium salt..no dice. Recreational, sure, but fuck all benefit for the calf muscle spasm.

Ether...no luck there either, neither inhaled nor diethyl ether taken orally (you can make quite a good cocktail with ether too :D), powerfully intoxicating, does everything else you'd expect just not the damn cursed calf.

Tried phenibut too (works in a similar way to baclofen, and is closely related chemically, although unlike baclofen, this non-rx online 'supplement' (how its sold, although it isn't, it is no supplement but a drug with medicinal properties and which must be used exceedingly carefully or it can, so I read cause a trully hellacious physical dependency and withdrawal. Effects me, oddly though, only the day after its taken do I feel anything and even then I don't find it pleasant. It works for a lot of people as a powerful muscle relaxant, but for me just makes me feel sort of sloppy-drunk and nauseous with squiffy vision, just the negative aspects of being drunk without the hangover.

Tried gabapentin and pregabalin and neither help much.

The adrenergic autoreceptor agonist tizanidine is the ONLY med, prescription, off the net, or even anything I've come up with myself that has ever done the job. Does it wonderfully too.

But, especially with taking clonidine, that works on the same pathways in the central nervous system and which is a pretty powerful hypotensive agent usually used for dropping BP in people with blood pressure thats dangerously high, rather than giving auties a pharmacological overload-proof vest, the two together especially can make my BP bottom out so if I don't stand slowly when I rise, it can make me lose consciousness and end up flat on my back. But I don't think thats the cause, at least not unless I KO'ed myself quite some time back, as i've been getting this pain in me arse for a while.

Speaking of which I've got to turn over a bit and shift my weight to a cheek. That doesn't hurt, but if my weight is on my tail it hurts.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13682 on: October 31, 2017, 01:18:34 AM »
Got my car back!! After driving a 1.6L Hyundai Accent for the last week and a bit it's like I have to get used to it again, the seats and driving position, the sound!
On the major downside the repairer left swirls in my paint from their rushed wash and vacuum job this afternoon :headhurts:
Lets see if my insurer can twist their arm to fix the swirl marks. I don't like my chances though because I have no photo proof of what the paint was like beforehand.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13683 on: October 31, 2017, 10:15:27 AM »
^ Glad you got your car back though! Sucks what they did to the paint.

Just realized I have nothing to bitch about. Life is crazy, but good.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13684 on: October 31, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »
Got my car back!! After driving a 1.6L Hyundai Accent for the last week and a bit it's like I have to get used to it again, the seats and driving position, the sound!
On the major downside the repairer left swirls in my paint from their rushed wash and vacuum job this afternoon :headhurts:
Lets see if my insurer can twist their arm to fix the swirl marks. I don't like my chances though because I have no photo proof of what the paint was like beforehand.

It's up to them to prove that the swirl was there. They washed the car and should note if spotting damage that could be attributed to them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13685 on: November 01, 2017, 05:56:59 AM »
I usually refuse complimentary car washes full stop to prevent things like this, but on this occasion since the guy there knew I loved my car so much, I though I would relax about it and thought it would be ok. You'd think a panel beater/smash repairer would be aware of this sort of stuff enough to wash it carefully. Or maybe they are but they banked on me not being cluey. Hopefully my insurer lets me get it fixed by a proper pro detailer and not these guys!

I've always pressure rinsed the car, then used the two bucket method followed by microfibre towelling dry. Never moved the wash mitt around in circular motions, always up and down or horizontally. Until now I was doing a mostly good job of keeping the swirls off. A faint cobweb scratch here and there but definitely nothing severe.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13686 on: November 18, 2017, 03:52:18 AM »
  I've been sneezing again lately, I think my allergies are coming back.  >:(
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13687 on: November 18, 2017, 04:53:40 AM »
Ugh. It feels like early morning.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13688 on: November 18, 2017, 09:22:54 AM »

You're a week behind.

Mine arrived last week when all the leaves hit the ground.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13689 on: November 18, 2017, 09:58:36 AM »

You're a week behind.

This fall has really sucked!  Bring on winter!  :snowing: :snowing: :snowing:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13690 on: November 19, 2017, 03:37:34 AM »

You're a week behind.

So it's YOUR fault then? It's snowing here now.  >:(

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13691 on: November 19, 2017, 03:56:37 AM »

You're a week behind.

Not my fault you choose to live in a land of frozen fjords.  :P

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13692 on: November 19, 2017, 04:20:20 AM »

You're a week behind.

You caused this. Now come here and fix it. >:(

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13693 on: November 19, 2017, 04:32:50 AM »

You're a week behind.

You caused this. Now come here and fix it. >:(

What's to fix?  I love snow!  :snowman:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13694 on: November 19, 2017, 05:41:18 AM »
You can have it all. >:(

- Albert Einstein