Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 218017 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13395 on: August 26, 2017, 08:29:31 AM »
Jesus Crrr, connection to the internet sucks big time this afternoon.

(in the end I had to reset my router to have connection again)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13396 on: August 27, 2017, 03:03:59 PM »
One of the TV channels is playing a round the clock marathon of Twilight movies.  Guess what The PR's been watching? and watching? and watching?

Pardon me while I go  :hair:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13397 on: August 28, 2017, 05:22:05 AM »
  LensCrafters, the famous one-hour eyeglass makers, would need 7-10 days to make my new glasses,
   because they're such a strong prescription.  I'll try the optical shop at the medical center instead.  :nerdy:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13398 on: August 28, 2017, 11:49:39 AM »
Too damned hot today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13399 on: August 29, 2017, 02:30:50 AM »
I have to give two presentations - one on ethics and the other on the software development life cycle.
I don't want to.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13400 on: August 29, 2017, 06:24:34 AM »
Body seems to have found a new way to soothe itself when really tired. Before, when really tired or sick with a high fever I would tape my thumb. Because I would otherwise suck it in my sleep, with great force, damaging my palate and bringing painful tension on my jaws. Now I apparently have mastered sucking my palate.

Auch. Can't eat crusty bread today.

I really need a proper sleep for a few days in a row.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13401 on: August 29, 2017, 01:04:10 PM »
Twilight? bleerrggghh!

Vampires aren't meant to fucking SPARKLE, or be limp-wristed poncy moralizing ponces.

They are meant to be suave, stealthy, bloodthirsty killers that may or may not have certain...issues...with relationships in the case of non-vampires that may or may not involve the urge to rip out the throat of the other party :P

Blade, was a proper vampire (well damphyr strictly speaking) THOSE films knew vampires. Anne Rice...SHE knew how to portray a vampire. The Vampire Diaries...that show knew a proper vampire from a limp-wristed twinkly little faggot that was BEGGING for a stake.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13402 on: August 29, 2017, 01:46:24 PM »
Lol Lestat, that's about how oldest fulminated to friend of hers who was a Twilight fan four or five years ago.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13403 on: August 29, 2017, 02:27:01 PM »
Change of plans upon change of p upon not knowing plans upon change of plans. In the end not knowing plans.

And then I'm the lucky one, it's even worse for kid. She is on the brink of a meltdown and totally worn out.

Had hoped for a better day.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13404 on: August 29, 2017, 03:40:50 PM »
Movers packed the monitor adapters in separate boxes to the monitors. Now I have two monitors with missing cables and I've ransacked Amazon, Kijiji, BestBuy etc and nobody sells replacements that would be here before Sept 11. There's no point because the person who would use it leaves on Sept 5.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13405 on: August 29, 2017, 03:58:09 PM »
Still felt fairly shitty, until just moments ago, although meds have been keeping my stomach inside rather than outside, taking the antibiotics, and just had another shot of morphine, 12mg ondansetron (antiemetic, mostly use is in chemotherapy, for the less pleasant amongst the unpleasant chemo regimes, so its FAR more effective than anything over the counter (although horribly expensive to the NHS, still, somehow managed to get a script for it. And for a strongly antiemetic/antinauseant antihistamine of the sedating type, cyclizine, although thats (just about) over the counter (many places won't sell it anyway because it can be used to potentiate opiates and whilst most sedating antihistamines would do the same for some reason there was at least at some point some sort of hype about cyclizine in particular, making it hard to get, just in case whoevers buying it wants to make something like H feel nicer than it already does. A thoroughly pathetic reason, or what? when 99.95% of people wanting to buy any would be doing so because they are sick. Thankfully again I have a script) But using both, its really been helping. The cyclizine works really fast, whilst the ondansetron, while VERY effective, takes some time to act, the cyclizine works fast enough if plugged, in an emergency, to stop vomiting/severe nausea/both of the worst kind quick enough that it often even makes a gout of barf reverse direction and go down again before one blows chunks.

And lol at 'fulminated'. I'd hardly go that far. Although I like the eloquent choice of wording Hyke. Not in common use these days. Mostly in chemistry actually, 'fuminate' referring to salts of the extremely unstable fuminic acid, a compound isomeric with isocyanic acid (isocyanic acid having the structure H-N=C=O whereas fulminic acid exists as a pair of tautomeric structures in resonance with each other, both of structure HCNO, but alternating between H-C=-N-O with a triple bond between carbon and nitrogen, the nitrogen bearing the positive charge and the negative charge distributed over the oxygen atom, in the other tautomer it exists as H-C=N-O where the carbon bears the positive charge and oxygen the negative again. Exists in equilibrium with each rapidly interchanging and changing back again. Highly unstable, explosive and quite toxic.

Best known are mercury fulminate and silver fulminate, (the latter not to be confused with 'argentum fulminans' or fulminating silver, similar to fulminating gold and fulminating platinum, which don't contain the fulminate anion, aurum fulminans, again containing no fulminate anion itself, is an odd, non-stoichiometric, polymeric material that explodes violently upon the merest trace (its of no practical use as an explosive, only as a laboratory curiosity. And most perculiarly the product of its detonation is a violet-colored or purple vapor. Makes me think, due to its only other elements present in the molecule, chlorine, hydrogen and nitrogen, that it might be detonating liberating elemental gold and only other gaseous products, and due to the ultra-fine nature of a particulate prepared in such a manner, that the gold might be colloidal. Going on that, because colloidal gold doesn't look gold in color, but when dilute at least in glass, (such a roman cup discovered, the lycurgus cup, the only known, whole intact example of its kind featured a carefully graven glass chalice surrounded by parts in metal, and due to the way the colloidal gold, at extreme dilution in the glass (in this case, the lycurgus cup used a mixture of colloidal silver and colloidal gold, and depending on the way this special dichroic glass was lighted, viewed with the light source from the front, or back, would look either reddish-purple, or  green if viewed when the light source is from the front.  The color itself isn't a pigment, but rather, its due to the dilution levels within the glass, being insufficient, diffuse (as with a vapor perhaps from the aurum fulminans compound) enough not to completely block the light, but rather, make it diffract as it passes through the glass in such a way as to cut out certain spectral wavelengths in the visual range, whilst  internally refracting and passing others)

I'd be really curious to see what the decomposition product looks like if a sample were detonated in a way such as to air-burst above water, both without being, and whilst being (the distilled water) subjected to sonication so as to prevent aggregation and changing of form, and then examination under an electron microscope, to see if it is indeed producing an explosively dispersed cloud of colloidal gold.

And to observe the same experiment performed with platinum, since both platinum fulminate (a true fulminate, I.e a platinum salt of fulminic acid) and platina fulmina, which does not, exist. Although both are extremely unstable and explode on the slightest trace of application of shock, friction, heat, impact, the 'fulminating' compounds of the perculiar stoichiometric composition afaik being by far the more unstable.

Ever seen those little twists of paper, that look like a gigantic spermatocyte in shape? that contain little pebbles? that are sold, packaged in little boxes, separated well, by sawdust/fine wood shavings , for kids to throw, that when they hit the floor, are trodden on, or placed between the fingers and the fingers briskly snapped together, explode with a loud crack? those are full of small pebbles, gravel about 1.5-2mm in diameter with a miniscule fine coating of fulminating silver on the surface, a milligram or two at most, insufficient to injure, even directly in the fingers, but still quite enough to make a loud bang.

Mercury fulminate (which contains the fulminate anion) is best known amongst the lot probably, since its used in bullets, shells of various kinds for various firearms as the primer in the percussion cap that is impacted by the firing pin or hammer of the weapon, which sets off the propellant charge in the casing of the round.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulminating_gold
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13406 on: August 30, 2017, 01:47:14 PM »
I gave up hoping my battery powered circular saw was misplaced and figure it must have been stolen out of my van
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13407 on: August 31, 2017, 11:56:20 AM »
Movers packed the monitor adapters in separate boxes to the monitors. Now I have two monitors with missing cables and I've ransacked Amazon, Kijiji, BestBuy etc and nobody sells replacements that would be here before Sept 11. There's no point because the person who would use it leaves on Sept 5.
I suppose that getting that mother of yours to ransack the  boxes for the missing cables  is out of the question?
Hmm, yeah, I can think of one or two reasons why not  :LOL:
A thousand damnations to those idiotic movers.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13408 on: August 31, 2017, 12:00:20 PM »
I gave up hoping my battery powered circular saw was misplaced and figure it must have been stolen out of my van
Well, if you gave up looking for it, but still didn't find it, i guess you're probably right :(
I usually find things right after I've given up all hope. But then I guess you'd prolly notice pretty soon  if you'd absently put a circular saw in the fridge?  or most  of the other dumb things I do with my stuff.   

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13409 on: August 31, 2017, 03:54:45 PM »
Well, if you gave up looking for it, but still didn't find it, i guess you're probably right :(
I usually find things right after I've given up all hope. But then I guess you'd prolly notice pretty soon  if you'd absently put a circular saw in the fridge?  or most  of the other dumb things I do with my stuff.

And as if it had been waiting to happen I found it,  it was mixed in with my old set of 18 volt tools of the same brand  that I have been trying to sell at the flea market.  I had seen it but just thought it was the old one :hahaha: 

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw