Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 217424 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13380 on: August 15, 2017, 03:57:35 PM »
Itchy. :GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13381 on: August 16, 2017, 01:50:45 AM »
You got to have anything done about it miss K? that sounds like it fucking hurts. You asked the docs about things like cortisone shots? (steroid shot to the area to bring down inflammation and compression of the nerve) I've had them before, although for both my hips (bursitis, into the fluid-filled bursae, the bits that serve to lubricate passage of musculature over bone, as a movement-focussed 'shock absorber' in a manner of speaking, anti-friction padding. When those get inflamed, bursitis, its absolute murder. So I've had steroid shots into those before, hurts a fair bit into the bursae, and had them in my buggered up knee, where they basically stick a long needle through the side of the knee into the joint-space and pump in a shot of corticosteroid along with some local anaesthetic in with it, and it helps for quite a long time, IIRC max that can be done is 3 monthly. I'm overdue for gettign them redone. But they work for months once done. My main GP, the one assigned me from the start is really good at it, knows exactly where to aim for an intra-articular injection (into a joint cavity) and just gets it done as quickly and relatively painlessly as  I would giving myself an intravenous injection of a conventional painkiller, at worst as bad as my giving myself an intramuscular shot. (I don't like those, from myself or from anybody else) but he is good at the joint and bursitis steroid shots and its always the same guy I go to to get those done because of that. And he's quick as well as accurate.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13382 on: August 16, 2017, 05:46:15 PM »
Not it resolved on it's own with anti-inflammatories, warm baths and resting it. I gave it time and it sorted itself out thankfully. What really sucked was that my allergies were acting up and I was sneezing repeatedly but my body would shut down the sneeze right before it happened because every time I do a big intake of air, I got a stabbing pain in my shoulder blade. I have discovered that incomplete sneezes are annoying as hell. :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13383 on: August 18, 2017, 03:58:38 AM »
I put a note on my neighbour's car earlier because he's started parking on common property again, and now he's having a sook revving it up the driveway :lol1:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13384 on: August 19, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »
Not it resolved on it's own with anti-inflammatories, warm baths and resting it. I gave it time and it sorted itself out thankfully. What really sucked was that my allergies were acting up and I was sneezing repeatedly but my body would shut down the sneeze right before it happened because every time I do a big intake of air, I got a stabbing pain in my shoulder blade. I have discovered that incomplete sneezes are annoying as hell. :laugh:
Ooh!  I seem to recall I developed a similar reflex after pulling a muscle in my back. But that was maybe 3 years ago and , and fortunately, the memory is dimming now.  Back muscles were not something I ever specially thought about before.  Now my mind is imprinted with the knowledge that bavk muscles connect with almost every other damned muscle in your body.   :LOL: Could barely move a finger without going through agonies. I suppose you're gonna wonder how I did that? I just woke up that way. I think i must have had a seizure in my sleep.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13385 on: August 19, 2017, 06:33:28 PM »
Ooh!  I seem to recall I developed a similar reflex after pulling a muscle in my back. But that was maybe 3 years ago and , and fortunately, the memory is dimming now.  Back muscles were not something I ever specially thought about before.  Now my mind is imprinted with the knowledge that bavk muscles connect with almost every other damned muscle in your body.   :LOL: Could barely move a finger without going through agonies. I suppose you're gonna wonder how I did that? I just woke up that way. I think i must have had a seizure in my sleep.
Yes!!!! You don't know how much you use a particular part of your body until it's in a crazy amount of pain and it affects everything else :laugh: Mine happened the same way. Woke up fine, stretched, was still laying in bed, went to get up and bam. Felt like I broke myself and I can't even figure out how  :facepalm2:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13386 on: August 19, 2017, 07:16:30 PM »
Too much work all at once no time for much else
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13387 on: August 19, 2017, 09:21:23 PM »
The cable outlet in the new house is in the dining room, the computer desk is in the master bedroom on the other side of the house, and I can't find the box that has the super long ethernet cable.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13388 on: August 19, 2017, 11:50:15 PM »
The cable outlet in the new house is in the dining room, the computer desk is in the master bedroom on the other side of the house, and I can't find the box that has the super long ethernet cable.
Better find  that cable! Intensity needs your continuing presense.
Good luck.
OH! My mad NT sister swears by saying a prayer to Saint Anthony, for jhelp with finding lost things.  No, she isn't Roman Catholic.  She got that idea from a mate, and she'll try anything once.
Personal;ly, I can believe it . I figure that we probably all have some kind of inner Saint Anthony, whether we give him a name or not.
Worth a shot?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13389 on: August 25, 2017, 06:17:09 AM »
Bloody Centrelink still haven't gotten back to me about the Education Supplement I am supposed to be getting to help pay my tuition fees for college. The fees are $100 a fortnight and I could really use some help to pay them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13390 on: August 26, 2017, 02:30:09 AM »
How hard is it to write a quick email to say "thanks but no thanks"? Or just something stating "still thinking about it"?

>:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13391 on: August 26, 2017, 02:33:34 AM »
^

"I appreciate you thought of me, asking this, but I cannot, will not and shall not react affirmative."

There, that's done, time for you to get another cup of coffee.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13392 on: August 26, 2017, 02:35:24 AM »
^

"I appreciate you thought of me, asking this, but I cannot, will not and shall not react affirmative."

On my second one and aiming for a third.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13393 on: August 26, 2017, 02:35:58 AM »
^

On my second one and aiming for a third.
Gotta aim high.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13394 on: August 26, 2017, 02:37:11 AM »
Coffee is the only thing keeping me from blowing up today.

- Albert Einstein