Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 218008 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13350 on: July 28, 2017, 07:19:16 AM »
I've already had one kitchen cupboard door barred shut, now my younger kitty can get the other one open and I had to stop him by putting sticky tape over the door :zombiefuck:

He'll be opening the fridge next!!
Tin foil may work too. Cats don't like it.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13351 on: July 28, 2017, 07:41:45 AM »
I've already had one kitchen cupboard door barred shut, now my younger kitty can get the other one open and I had to stop him by putting sticky tape over the door :zombiefuck:

He'll be opening the fridge next!!

Looking for kitchen safety locks may be the way to go. They are developed in such a way that as an adult you can open cabinets and drawers single handed, while for toddlers it becomes too complicated. For cats it would be practically impossible.

It is a blessing for humankind that cats don't have opposable thumbs.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13352 on: July 28, 2017, 11:29:04 AM »
One of my favourite sites appears to have been taken down. There were issues with the SSL certificate, although still possible to login, the site still existed.

The other day it (tried to, before I killed the connection) redirect to something involving a .gov server in its connection path. And to a complete other site, one that included the admin of the site as a username present (not something common that anyone would be likely to use either) and today it disappeared totally, just no connection possible.

Now I've got my account 'disabled' without appearing as 'banned' without warning on another site, for what can only possibly be something of a nature more or less identical for that which other people have had not been in any way penalized for, it seems, mostly because somebody or somebodies did not like my STYLE of posting. Not the content, but the style the content (which others have in many, many cases had tolerated just fine without being warned, banned or anything else) and to top it off I can't even contact a mod there to ask about it) Not banned, silenced. Which is just not on. At the very least, a reason or explanation is the minimum that should be in order.

And to boot, now I have somebody from the place that disappeared/got taken over not exactly accusing me, but thinking I took HIS access to that place from him (which I haven't/hadn't the power to do in the first place) as well as potentially medically/health-wise significant info by PM at the second site, at which I've been 'silenced' (no explanation whether this is temporary, or permanent) by somebody with important information and to which I now, as with the person who thinks I wronged him, and cannot tell I did not do so) I can't go and seek the information offered to be made available.

Essentially I've been told to 'take it to..XYZ' when that place now does not exist.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13353 on: July 29, 2017, 05:35:47 AM »
  Strained my right shoulder muscles yesterday while getting dressed.  Still hurting.  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13354 on: July 30, 2017, 01:41:56 PM »
OMG, my right shoulder hurts too!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13355 on: July 30, 2017, 02:16:47 PM »

When did it start?  Are you injured, arthritic, what's the deal?  :tinfoil:

People forget.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13356 on: July 30, 2017, 03:22:44 PM »
Guy who delivered our patio furniture took out our mailbox while backing his truck out of the driveway. We didn't see him leave but our 80 year old neighbour across the street wandered over holding our mailbox, still attached to the post, and gave it to us.  :facepalm2:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13357 on: July 30, 2017, 09:57:55 PM »

I'm guessing on the plane yesterday but made worse by the arthritis.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13358 on: July 30, 2017, 11:53:02 PM »
My Star Trek books and other stuff package has been delayed, probably due to the weather. Good of the post-people to let me know but it still feels like I have been waiting long enough!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13359 on: July 31, 2017, 07:57:50 AM »

We should form a club. :laugh: With me it's the left shoulder. It would ache like a toothache sometimes...finally I noticed I always carry the most weight with my left hand.

Every time I would get groceries I looped around 5 bags on the left arm and had the keys to the door in the right with only a couple bags...same with yard work, the barrel full of weeds, wagon loaded with trash, dirt...I always pulled with the left.  Pay attention to that, or if you carry a heavy bag...pay attention to which shoulder you use...and lighten the load or divide it up. 

It's hard to change something you've done all your life without thinking, and I still forget many days, and pay later.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13360 on: July 31, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »
My Star Trek books and other stuff package has been delayed, probably due to the weather. Good of the post-people to let me know but it still feels like I have been waiting long enough!
It will be like Christmas morning when they arrive and you can finally open them  :santa:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13361 on: July 31, 2017, 08:05:43 AM »

We should form a club. :laugh: With me it's the left shoulder. It would ache like a toothache sometimes...finally I noticed I always carry the most weight with my left hand.

Every time I would get groceries I looped around 5 bags on the left arm and had the keys to the door in the right with only a couple bags...same with yard work, the barrel full of weeds, wagon loaded with trash, dirt...I always pulled with the left.  Pay attention to that, or if you carry a heavy bag...pay attention to which shoulder you use...and lighten the load or divide it up. 

It's hard to change something you've done all your life without thinking, and I still forget many days, and pay later.

I agree.  I noticed about a year ago that I carried things on my left side.  I also tend to balance on that leg because it's slightly shorter than the right one.  Result is arthritis in my left knee.  I try to remember to balance on my right leg.  And to remember to even out the load when carrying things.  But I agree, it's hard to break habits.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13362 on: July 31, 2017, 04:36:49 PM »

I agree.  I noticed about a year ago that I carried things on my left side.  I also tend to balance on that leg because it's slightly shorter than the right one.  Result is arthritis in my left knee.  I try to remember to balance on my right leg.  And to remember to even out the load when carrying things.  But I agree, it's hard to break habits.

That's the leg (left) I always brace myself with on the hillside when I cut grass. My left knee has started being bitchy about it.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13363 on: July 31, 2017, 05:57:26 PM »

I know what you mean about the pain being like a toothache.  In my case, I think the culprit
  is a computer chair that's too low, which causes me to angle my right arm a bit awkwardly to reach
  the mouse.  I'm definitely going to get a new chair, and for now I am keeping my arm closer to my body.
  All the ibuprofen I've taken over the past few days has greatly reduced the inflammation and the pain.
  At this point, while I'm still keeping my right arm on "light duty" till I see the ortho, I feel good.  8)

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13364 on: August 01, 2017, 04:19:36 AM »
Put a pillow on that chair to make yourself sit higher, CBC.

I want to be part of the club too. Left sided.

Most of the times I do take two carrier bags with me to the shops and spread the load evenly.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!