Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 200419 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10515 on: February 14, 2018, 05:20:19 PM »
I don't do anything like that. And its definitely NOT anxiety related, which is why in my case, the pliers I mean, I discount trichotillomania. Its just me wanting the closest shave possible with a smooth face not stubble. I don't want the short stubbly hair left behind from a razor cut, so yanking the fuckers out with pliers works better. And ever seen the price of even the horrid cheap single-bladed disposable razors? let alone a good multi-blade razor with quality blades?

And electric shavers are a pain in the ass and never get close enough. With pliers, I know that they are gone, root and all, with nothing to be prickly or stubbly.  And its actually not uncomfortable, aside from perhaps, when it comes to ripping out the hair that grows at the side of my labret piercing, or when styling a mustache.

I wasn't talking about you or referring to you!  I was addressing Charlotte Quin, and from her I stand corrected.  Fwiw, Amber, my daughter, deals with trichotillomania, a version of stimming.  I have my own version, except for me it's picking my lips. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10516 on: February 14, 2018, 07:10:21 PM »
Again Kayleigh asks me a question that it's better to ask Google.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10517 on: February 19, 2018, 07:14:06 AM »
Thinking about how Toff our local federal MP is :laugh: :M

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10518 on: February 19, 2018, 09:39:05 AM »
Thinking that my GP is a slippery bugger to try and contact or get appointments with (he seems to be by far the most in-demand GP there is at the practice, and is by far the most reasonable and has the best bedside manner and least git-ish-ness potential, and the most decent human being out of the lot, owns the practice, but its like trying to grab a teflon-greased electric eel when you want to get a hold of him. Little fucker is a veritable Houdini. Good IF you can catch him, but its easier said than done. )

And not a small measure of personal pride on the reaction scheme and sequences for a lab project I chose for myself, that will involve quite a lot of hard work, but at the same time, keeps the number of steps from start point to end point to a minimum (three steps not counting workup) where the actual initial precursor is taken into consideration, but, depending on whether or not I can buy, or whether I must make and purify some carbon disulfide to use as a solvent quite a lot of actual work that needs to be done to perform one of those steps (generally with a reaction involving more than 'mix A with B, out drops C and you are done after a quick wash' every step lowers the yield of your target end product), as well as the preparation of a somewhat neglected and unusual phosphorus based reagent, that I'll need to make from scratch. And possibly, although it depends on how much I have left compared with how much will be needed, I might have to make my own diethyl ether, to top up the supplies I have since I am running a bit low. Unless I can do the same thing in diisopropyl ether, a mix of diisopropyl and diethyl ether, or use THF. Which means more work and both a flask of searing hot, concentrated sulfuric acid, and predrying some ethanol, or else preparing some ethyl iodide or ethyl bromide and wasting the iodine or bromine used for it and also sacrificing (irreversibly, unlike the halogen which can be recovered) some sodium metal to perform a williamson ether synthesis using primary alkyl halide and alkoxide, although its much cheaper to predry ethyl alcohol and drip it from an addition-funnel into a flask containing some concentrated sulfuric acid heated to about 120-125 'C distilling off the diethyl ether produced via dehydration-condensation of the alcohol by the hot sulfuric as its formed to avoid side reactions and condensing it from the vapor.

Gods...I think I know what its like to be a housewife. You start with one job and it turns into ten before you get to kick your shoes off and loaf around on the comfy sofa in front of star trek on the box (well, make that an autistic housewife, complete with literally, pointed, vulcan-like ears:autism:) and a cold beer in hand.

Or come to think of it, a crate of cold ones. Cold enough to freeze liquid nitrogen solid :P

Right now, I'm making do with a glass of cold elderflower and rose essence cordial. Although I wouldn't say no, at this particular moment in time, to a nip of vodka thrown in, I haven't got any in the house, I'd have to spend MORE effort MAKING ethanol via hydrobromic acid cleavage of diethyl ether, when I NEED the damn ether for something in the first place as part of my work..and I'm waiting for an important phonecall so can't go out and buy a couple of those little miniature spirit shot bottles.

Yep...this has to be what a housewife feels like most of the time she hasn't got a glass of wine in her hand and a purring cat on her lap. Or alternatively being fucked. Ideally not by the cat or neck of a wine bottle, or both. :autism:

Either that, or somewhere along the lines, Zeus got my birth certificate mixed up with Herakles and had Hermes deliver an entirely buggered up email to the three fates. Or just has it in for me on a personal level for something I'm pretty sure I either didn't do, or if I did I don't know what it was.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10519 on: February 20, 2018, 03:40:16 AM »
Wondering why creating a recovery drive takes so damned long.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #10520 on: February 28, 2018, 10:55:27 PM »
I'm wondering what's the story behind FunWithMatches new username and avatar.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10521 on: March 01, 2018, 01:08:15 AM »
I'm wondering what's the story behind FunWithMatches new username and avatar.  :orly:

I'd like to know, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10522 on: March 01, 2018, 10:19:55 AM »
I think Lestat could out-do the Grimm Brothers if he wrote fairy tales.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #10523 on: March 01, 2018, 01:45:09 PM »

I'd like to know, too.

“Givvassapaand” was just a random jokey East London way of saying “give us a pound”, the avatar is from the film, Loving Vincent. I thought the main character played by Douglas Booth (Armond Roulin) was very handsome.  :orly:
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10524 on: March 01, 2018, 07:03:28 PM »
Honey made from the nectar of Rhododendrons can cause Mad Honey Intoxication. :orly:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #10525 on: March 01, 2018, 07:15:28 PM »

I'd like to know, too.

“Givvassapaand” was just a random jokey East London way of saying “give us a pound”, the avatar is from the film, Loving Vincent. I thought the main character played by Douglas Booth (Armond Roulin) was very handsome.  :orly:

Okay. I'm probably not going to call you that.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10526 on: March 01, 2018, 07:20:41 PM »
That’s OK, I’m quite content being called FunWithMatches. It is a cool nickname! :thumbup:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10527 on: March 03, 2018, 01:43:41 PM »
Why, whatever do you mean QV? (about the brothers Grimm) ?
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10528 on: March 03, 2018, 03:32:33 PM »
Why, whatever do you mean QV? (about the brothers Grimm) ?

Your fine sense of justice would fit in well when dealing with the Grimm's villains.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10529 on: March 03, 2018, 08:09:13 PM »
I wonder if they'll give me some of his clients. Probably not.

I must be psychic because I got SFA. They sure know how to utilize their talent don't they /sarcasm :headhurts: