Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 200552 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10500 on: February 05, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »
'MMmmm...tasty'

(eating a nice, ripe and crunchy asian pear. Odd fruit, pale yellow in color when ripe, crisp and crunchy but not as tough and resistant as a ripe apple or unripe pear, and not woody like pears can be, but juicy, sweet and with a distinctive flavor. Been munching on those recently, as I got a fair bit of fruit last time I went shopping for food, 8 asian pears, a two-pack of pomegranates that were on offer for cheaper than the price for one fruit (LOVE pomegranates and the juice of them), two big bunches of bananas, now, after a few days in a bag, developing brown spots on them, so they'll be nice and ripe and sweet when it comes to scoffing those, and something I've not had before, a weird melon, called an 'ice melon'. Looks..well...like a melon, but odd color. Started with a pale slightly greenish-tinted off white outer rind when it wasn't fully ripe and had patchy orangier colored stripes, which strangely, didn't turn out to be the color of the fruit itself outside (haven't opened it up yet so I don't know what it'll look like inside aside from the usual generic skin covering soft fruit with seeds in the middle probably) which it then lost, turning completely to that icy bluey-green tinted white color. And got a free orange, the local tesco supermarket has started putting out stalls of free fruit, so people can just take a piece and munch away, oranges, bananas, apples, I think pears, possibly, can't be sure about that. Nothing expensive or exotic, but afaik an effort to help people eat more fruit, and encourage kids to snack on fruit.

No charge, its just take one (and nobody bitches if you grab a couple and eat them as you shop. I'm not complaining, since free food is good food. Unless its vegetable of some sort since to me they aren't food. Sensory nightmare yes, food, only for target practice, in the sense of 'bullet food' :P I certainly don't want to eat the fuckers. (in either case :autism:)

Never had one of those before, kinda bought it on impulse.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10501 on: February 07, 2018, 03:21:39 PM »
Back from Carla's and mine "indulgence" trip to Boston.  Ate some of the best fried chicken I have ever tasted at a place called "Buttermilk and Bourbon".  Not your typical restaurant, as they serve mostly meats and their signature buttermilk biscuits.  They have salad, but, the chicken came without a side dish.  But, still, the chicken was awesome and I drank some of their favorite bourbon, "Wild Turkey".  Which I always thought of as american cheap bourbon.  But, surprisingly it was smooth and tasty.  The only downside was that we came home in a blizzard and after the train trip, it was a white knuckle slow drive to get home.  But, we made it and it's happy hour and time for wine!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:58:09 PM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10502 on: February 07, 2018, 04:12:25 PM »
Sounds like you had a good one rockhound.

I'm just sitting back, watching a horror movie with a handful of downers, (chlormethiazole) and some oxy. Them little grey liquid-filled freebase eggs are quite a heavyweight puncher (I choose alternatives to alcohol, since the aftereffects of alcohol cause a glutamatergic rebound AFAIK and it certainly seems to induce convulsive tendencies in me if I drink too much) so I like something nice and clean to get hammered. And smoking cigars, playing fallout-tactics, and getting ready to munch down on half of the big fat round ice melon that has been ripening in my kitchen until its now nice and soft and super juicy and fragrant.

Busily trying to rob a base medic of a bunch of super-stimpak heavyduty healing autoinjectors before heading back out to the wastelands and taking on all the packs of radiated mutant car-sized scorpions, packs of bandits, mutated ghastly horrors and worse besides.

Time to juice up the rippers, load power cells into the squad's laser-pistolier fast-shooting gunslinger's pistol, fill up the autoshotguns with flechette man-shredder shells (basically 12ga shotshells full of razor sharp darts that blast out in a cloud of spinning blades for a while then level out, IRL, flechette rounds, and then fly like arrows. They are nasty little fuckers and just the sort of thing you'd want to use if you were going to have gutted alive and flensed flesh from bone.) Not so good against armor, but on lightly armored targets then those things do a great job in FOT of shredding somebody and tearing their heads off their neck in a satisfyingly meaty splatter of gore and gizzards. Not as bad as the rippers though...close range only. And on a critical hit, as FOT message feedback puts it 'critical hit to the eyes, target was blinded. Target was torn in half like a phone-book' (basically the rippers are for hand to hand fighting, a chainsaw edged shortsword for stabbing people you don't like and slicing them to ribbons. they are not ranged weapons, but if anyone closes in they are really good for armor piercing capability, and a targeted eye-shot critical, or stab to the groin is very likely to result in a one-hit kill. And if your squad is stalking a target, then sneaking up behind them unawares and jamming it into the back of their skulls definitely gives 'em a nasty surprise :P

And if they do survive, the guy with the ripper still has a .44 magnum revolver ready to blow their kneecaps out to keep them there until the next turn or else some other squad member can come up and perform the execution with a double-barreled shotgun blast and a couple of slugs in the face. Or pull another ripper out and gut them alive after severing the tendons of their arms and legs.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10503 on: February 12, 2018, 05:35:06 AM »
Now I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly convinced that a lady at work has hair that is in fact a wig.
First clue: Her hair literally never changes style or colour, never changes length, never looks shinier or duller from one day to the next.
Second clue: She has tattoed on eyebrows (which are arched way too high and make her look surprised but that's between her and the bad beautician that did them)
Third clue: She has no eyelashes whatsoever, or arm hair or hair anywhere for that matter.

Alopecia Totalis or something I guess. She's a nice lady who I guess probably had a rough start with it.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10504 on: February 12, 2018, 07:07:41 AM »
^ I think you've got it right. I wouldn't like to be in that situation. My eyelashes look non-existent because they are blonde but it would be weird to have none.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10505 on: February 12, 2018, 09:10:04 AM »
Possibly trichotillomania.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10506 on: February 12, 2018, 09:45:50 AM »
Lol docs might say that about me, because I pull out facial hair using little electrical pliers until its removed until I'm left with the face-fur to my desired specs, although they'd be mistaken. I just find it both more comfortable than using a razor, and wrenching them out in clumps makes for a total removal rather than a shave, and as such is as close as one can GET to a close shave. It actually removes the hair in full, which is what I want. Bugger that reminds me, I'm probably overdue for a 'shave'.

I just grab a big a tuft of hair each time (on my face) as possible, twist it round the jaws of the pliers, squeeze them closed, twist and rip, then flick them in the bin. The hair not the pliers that is. And it gets me the perfect close 'shave' every time, without razor-burn, and both closer by far than using a blade, and  a lot neater than with a flame.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10507 on: February 12, 2018, 04:50:56 PM »
Thinking how little this place has actually changed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10508 on: February 12, 2018, 05:53:22 PM »
Decided to snag some beef jerky when I was shopping for some nosh earlier today. Not had this brand before, and damn, its REALLY good.  A LOT more tender than any other brand I've had. Actually looks like roast beef. Thin-cut roast-beef biltong, co-op own brand. Pretty cheap actually and mmmhh, this is really fucking good. That took all of 20 seconds and three mouthfuls of spicy, tender dried chewy sliced rib-eye beef and one of BBQ beef flavour one. I prefer the rib eye though. More tender and saltier. Spicier. This is sweeter. But still, quite edible. Didn't notice it wasn't all the rib eye  though when I bought it. And not much choice since they only had two packs left, some bastard had to go buy and munch the rest. Git :autism:

Still nicely chewy-licious and dead-cow-ey though, which is just right for right now. In a very carnivorous sort of mood atm. Got an asian pear part cut up but only ate one slice, before realizing that I was just...well...it tastes good enough but it isn't hitting the spot, and I don't see the fridge full of tiramisu and vanilla custard scratching the itch right this moment. Its got to be MEAT. Can of cold coke and a bag of sliced up dried out cow-carvings is just what I need to hit the spot.

Could have done with more meat though. For some reason I'm hungering for proteinaceous food atm. Might go make myself a protein shake, since I bought some instant mix, where you just chuck a scoop or two in with milk or a regular milkshake, so it doesn't get too thick (I've tried with frijj thick ones and I had to actually end up squeezing that out of the bottle, after it turned so thick it was more like a paste than a milkshake, could have stood a spoon up in it.). Although the mix is chocolate and all the non-thick milkshakes I've got are rhubarb&custard, so it just isn't going to mix.

Although for now,  a coke, a bag of salted beef strips and a cigar to finish off, plus a few 10mg oxy IRs. Kicking back, watching the movie 'blade', and with a cap of chlormethiazole to counter the caffeine in the coke and chill me out nicely. Playing fallout-tactics. Life is good :)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #10509 on: February 12, 2018, 06:42:49 PM »

Then you weren't actually thinking.   :M

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10510 on: February 13, 2018, 02:20:45 AM »

Then you weren't actually thinking.   :M

Think so? I beg to differ.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10511 on: February 13, 2018, 05:39:28 AM »
Possibly trichotillomania.

I have Trichotillomania. Recently I had to start sweeping my hair back with one of those metal head bands because I pulled the hair out at the top where the parting for my bangs met the parting at the top of my head. Decent hairstyles tend not to last long. I originally got the bangs cut to cover up a self-inflicted bald patch on my hairline!

If she was pulling every single hair I'm sure we would have noticed other highly anxious behaviors.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10512 on: February 13, 2018, 05:53:31 AM »
In other work related news, another younger guy in the office tendered his resignation for the third time today lol.
The first two times the partners successfully talked him into staying on (and gave him extra accommodations and support). But this time they just said fuck it. I guess it's because this time his resignation came with a really dishonest paper thin reason, which just made them feel like their support was getting thrown back in their faces.

I wonder if they'll give me some of his clients. Probably not.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10513 on: February 13, 2018, 07:07:25 AM »
I don't do anything like that. And its definitely NOT anxiety related, which is why in my case, the pliers I mean, I discount trichotillomania. Its just me wanting the closest shave possible with a smooth face not stubble. I don't want the short stubbly hair left behind from a razor cut, so yanking the fuckers out with pliers works better. And ever seen the price of even the horrid cheap single-bladed disposable razors? let alone a good multi-blade razor with quality blades?

And electric shavers are a pain in the ass and never get close enough. With pliers, I know that they are gone, root and all, with nothing to be prickly or stubbly.  And its actually not uncomfortable, aside from perhaps, when it comes to ripping out the hair that grows at the side of my labret piercing, or when styling a mustache.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10514 on: February 14, 2018, 01:04:53 AM »
I want to go back to bed.

- Albert Einstein