Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 200548 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10395 on: November 21, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »
Actually guys, he's not that bad looking.  He resembles PA a bit in the build and face.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10396 on: November 21, 2017, 12:49:26 PM »
Thinking about bacon. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10397 on: November 21, 2017, 01:54:33 PM »
Mmm, bacon. I could use some bacon as long as it doesn't come with a side of naked man.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10398 on: November 21, 2017, 04:28:22 PM »
Your making me think of meat now raxy.

More specifically your making me CRAVE meat, now you reminded me of the 4 packs of steaks in the fridge (granted they have atm to share space with a bottle of ammonia, but its tightly sealed and doesn't get into the grub)

Wondering what might be doable with fillet, rump and sirloin of beef steaks that could be contrived to involve mozzarella. Anybody got any ideas?

Plan for the steaks themselves is my special fly agaric, black and pink peppercorns, szechuan pepper, cubeb, soy sauce, peppery boletus mushroom, worcestershire sauce, chilli peppers (hotter the better...lol the way I do my steaks, its enough to need the windows opening to prevent fits of coughing if standing in the kitchen as they cook due to the fumes, especially when I pour tabasco (the habanero extra hot one) sauce over the steaks after marinading them, working in my spice paste to cross-hatched cuts in the surface of the meat, and as they sear in the pan, pouring over a spoonful of tabasco. The fumes that come off that when it vaporizes, plus the chili pepper and the peppery boletus is..well...it kinda borders on corrosive :autism:

Makes one sweat, and eyes and nose stream whilst eating them, but doesn't half taste damn good.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10399 on: November 22, 2017, 01:26:25 PM »
A bacon and cheese burger. Yummy. :drool:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #10400 on: November 22, 2017, 05:30:53 PM »
Wishing I wasn't rejected so much. I had a chance with a girl on OkCupid, yet when I said I was autistic the communication went cold.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10401 on: November 22, 2017, 09:03:49 PM »
Maybe it would work better to save that disclosure till later.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10402 on: November 22, 2017, 09:29:02 PM »
Gen; IMO in her case, if she is that fuckin' shallow and narrow minded she'd have been a shitty candidate for a miserable relationship. (not that if someone acted that way I'd be above rubbing her neurotypicality in her face, after her turning into a total bitch on finding out that I'm autie; i mean)

Screw winding up miserable due to getting involved with some shallow, vacuous NT airhead.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #10403 on: November 23, 2017, 02:19:56 AM »
Gen; IMO in her case, if she is that fuckin' shallow and narrow minded she'd have been a shitty candidate for a miserable relationship. (not that if someone acted that way I'd be above rubbing her neurotypicality in her face, after her turning into a total bitch on finding out that I'm autie; i mean)

Screw winding up miserable due to getting involved with some shallow, vacuous NT airhead.

Thanks

Maybe it would work better to save that disclosure till later.

Yeah :(

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10404 on: November 23, 2017, 11:28:56 AM »
Wishing I wasn't rejected so much. I had a chance with a girl on OkCupid, yet when I said I was autistic the communication went cold.

I wouldn't say anything that early on in the game.

Most people don't realize autism is a spectrum...99% will think of the worst case they know. 

I didn't get an official label until after I was married...until then I used to tell my dates I was just "different".

They either dealt with it and found it sometimes amusing or frustrating, or they moved on.

75% were just looking to go on a date and have fun, 15% turned out to be guys with more issues than a barrel of monkeys, 10% actually wanted to get to know and understand me.

Save the disclosure for the 10%, they're the ones that matter.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10405 on: December 03, 2017, 04:55:33 PM »
Thinking I should recommend the book I'm currently reading.  The Woman Who Smashed Codes.  It's partly biographical, partly the history of the NSA and cryptography in America.  Makes a simpler explanation of cryptography than Enigma did.

Oh, wait.  I just did.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10406 on: December 03, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »

I really hope that some of you get the chance to experience the full SUPERMOON as I have been since it arose.

From an earlier memory:
The moon is more than sixty thousand miles closer to the earth than average, tonight.
It may appear up to twelve percent larger than normal.
The full moon will appear about thirty three percent brighter than normal (wait, I am a photographer - light follows an inverse square relationship to distance - that does not add up.  But WTF, they want people to go out and look at the moon.) I have assume that I do not know all there is to know about reflective lighting - I still want to call bullshit somewhere, on that brightness thing.
Tides may be up to fifteen percent higher than normal.  (again - hydrodynamics fooling my understanding?)

Forget all that nonsense!

GO out and look at the moon tonight!!!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10407 on: December 03, 2017, 06:55:32 PM »

Go out and look at the moon!!

It is definitely brighter than a normal full moon. Larger is more difficult to judge, as it seems to change "apparent size" as it crosses over from horizon to horizon.

I understand that many of my "friends" here have not yet seen the moon tonight.  Check it out today if you can.

I get that it reaches this perigee every year, but it is rarely full when this happens.

GO out and look at the moon!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10408 on: December 03, 2017, 07:59:43 PM »
I had to drive to the airport at 5am this morning and it was still full night with the moon high in the sky, but it felt way brighter than usual. Everything was covered in snow and frost and I'm sure that contributed too. Don't know about the numbers and percentages, but it was good.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10409 on: December 03, 2017, 08:29:43 PM »
Thank you.

It is good to know that I am not just standing out here alone with my two eager to learn anything kids and my (extremely bored to death with moon stuff by now) ever supportive and tolerant wife.

Sometimes, you rock.
 :lol1:

Go out and look at the moon, again.