Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 200603 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10275 on: October 10, 2017, 09:59:32 AM »
MM...I think today might just be rotavap day. Go find my preferred model within my price range after paying rent and checking remaining bank balance, and then order me my rotavap. Then I'll start saving up again, and again after that, first getting myself a UV-VIS spectrophotometer then saving up again for a Raman laser spectrophometer operating in the infra-red region, or even better a fourier-transform IR spectrophotometer

Even if I've to save 5 grand or more by saving a £10 or 20 note in a jar, every pay day until there is enough, I'm GOING to have that FT-IR or at least a Raman IR, the UV-VIS I can afford, or at least save up for over a few months until I can afford one, for now, I can finally get the rotavap I'd otherwise not be able to, Raman would cost me a LOT, but I need this stuff  big time, for a MAJOR-league capacity and capability upgrade of my lab technology level.

Ooohh I can't fucking wait to grab me a rotavap. I've wanted one for SOOOOOOOO long. Any and every professional, research, uni lab have them, now its time I have one (to begin with one at least), Although I will want several different sizes when I can, or adapt one for many uses. Can't wait to have one though, having coveted a rotavap since childhood.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10276 on: October 11, 2017, 04:56:54 AM »
Someone in my Java class guessed I'm autistic. Probably because he is autistic himself and has that "radar". I could tell he is too.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10277 on: October 11, 2017, 05:06:36 AM »
Someone in my Java class guessed I'm autistic. Probably because he is autistic himself and has that "radar". I could tell he is too.

I know what you mean about the radar.  I've sensed autism in people at first meeting. 
   I spoke to a guy on the phone once at work, and just the pattern of his inflections stood out to me.
   His son worked with us for a few years, and I sensed it the first time I met him.  I don't know if
   either one was/is actually diagnosed, it's just that they set off my aspie-dar. 
   I've suspected it in others over the years as well.  8)

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10278 on: October 11, 2017, 06:22:34 AM »

Just an observation: A lot of developers are autistic.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #10279 on: October 11, 2017, 07:10:35 AM »
If I get along with someone they're usually ND. It just happens, I don't actively search for them. GMTA?
:dog:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10280 on: October 11, 2017, 07:57:59 AM »

I know what you mean about the radar.  I've sensed autism in people at first meeting. 
   I spoke to a guy on the phone once at work, and just the pattern of his inflections stood out to me.
   His son worked with us for a few years, and I sensed it the first time I met him.  I don't know if

Never underestimate the power of the spazz-dar young jedi.

It's almost like a magnetic force some days.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #10281 on: October 11, 2017, 08:20:37 AM »

:laugh:
:dog:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10282 on: October 12, 2017, 08:37:48 AM »

I wonder if it's obvious in me, if anyone from this site would sense it about me.  :apondering:

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10283 on: October 12, 2017, 09:29:38 AM »
Happens that way to me too. Its like some mysterious jedi power or something, the power to sniff out an autie or aspie like a bloodhound tracking a fugitive.

Relationship-wise, I seem to have some kind of talent for more or less pulling them out of the ether (I mean, the kind once thought to exist as a sort of tenuous, ghostly realm of semi-substance in which the universe is set; as opposed to keeping a basement full of relationship candidates deep-frozen in cryo-tubes of solvent :P)

Almost every time I've ever been in a relationship they are either autistic/aspie or at the other end and far, far less welcome, I attract the psychos for some reason. Only a couple of times have I ever been in a relationship with somebody just average NT. And she was a bitch, an attentionwhoring, gobby, unrefined and with very little in the way of redeeming features.  Got out as soon as I could and found myself with cazzie, my ex fiancee. Although that was one spesh relationship that didn't actually involve my spazzdar, I knew she was, since everybody there aside from the one responsible for providing transport (afaik) and the paintball game operators themselves were. And I didn't so much as detect her as get taken by surprise and dragged off. Not kicking and screaming, I admit, I didn't really put up a fight :P not that it would have done me much good since by then she had obviously decided I was going to be her boyfriend (although she won't have known I'd propose as fast as I did, probably the only time I ever got the drop on her :autism:

Best relationship I've ever had. As if she'd dragged me out of hell all the way to heaven. Usually though I tend to sense it in people, and also any potential relationship candidates I meet always seem to be on the spectrum somewhere.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10284 on: October 12, 2017, 10:36:11 AM »

Ha! I was at IKEA this morning and spotted a guy who was working and I was like....I bet he's spectrumy...then we got to the doors leading outside (he was pushing a large cart with a woman's purchases on it to her car) and he announced to himself  "And now it's going to be cold but I can handle this." And I grinned from ear to ear. Yup. Totally spectrumy! :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10285 on: October 12, 2017, 10:40:11 AM »

Ha! I was at IKEA this morning and spotted a guy who was working and I was like....I bet he's spectrumy...then we got to the doors leading outside (he was pushing a large cart with a woman's purchases on it to her car) and he announced to himself  "And now it's going to be cold but I can handle this." And I grinned from ear to ear. Yup. Totally spectrumy! :laugh:

I talk to myself like that all the time, didn't realize it was spectrumy!  :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10286 on: October 12, 2017, 10:54:13 AM »
Ikea? you poor, poor wee muffin miss K; they have those stygian maws of hades where you are too? *hugs better* you have my deepest condolences for you and your nation.

Ikea is one of the devil's own finest inventions, custom-made in his finest hour to torment those desparately in need of horrid flatpack home add-ons after being forced to wander round the entire damnation-spawned pestilential gaping sphincter until you have gone round the whole ugly, windowless, nasty little abyss and eventually, when your will to live is broken and your soul sucked mostly from your body as if it were the devil's own ice-pop, it sees fit to shit you out in an emotionally, spiritually and mentally frayed, hell-mucus-bespattered mound of hollowed out flesh and skin.

Either that or the US government wanted a reason for people not to propose enforcable, binding treaties forbidding the use of incendiary weapons of warfare that would meet with universal approval.

CBC-thats because you are a spazz, dearie *pats on head*

And I can't quite put my finger on it, but my (rather damn cute too) young  lady neighbor, she triggers my spesh-dar too. Things like, when offered a new plant for her garden (she loves her gardening) declining because 'oh, but I'd never be able to decide where to put it'. That really made my spazz bell ring. And another potential giveaway is that she sees, whilst open and friendly, slightly reserved, not shy per se, just that she has her own inner world in there too,  that isn't necesarily a part of the one the rest of us see when we open our eyes and get out of bed.

And I kinda like her, which is another tick on the list, since I don't tend to find NT women attractive, even if they physically speaking, would be sizzling hot to NT guys, this lass I immediately took to on first speaking to her, liked her generally speaking, good to talk with, kinda attractive, refreshing to be around if that makes sense.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10287 on: October 12, 2017, 11:59:48 AM »
New girl in the supermarket. Total delight, extremely formal, combined with very outgoing. She makes me smile. Am older employee (also not normal... but no full-blown spazz.) saw me smile and said she was a bit of a worry. Sweet girl, working her ass off, but sometimes saying things to customers that absolutely could not be said. (Yes, have noticed her doing that myself too, clearly spazz mistakes).

Told the older employee that if they were going to discuss her right to stay that I was in favour of her.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10288 on: October 12, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »
New girl in the supermarket. Total delight, extremely formal, combined with very outgoing. She makes me smile. Am older employee (also not normal... but no full-blown spazz.) saw me smile and said she was a bit of a worry. Sweet girl, working her ass off, but sometimes saying things to customers that absolutely could not be said. (Yes, have noticed her doing that myself too, clearly spazz mistakes).

Told the older employee that if they were going to discuss her right to stay that I was in favour of her.

Spazz solidarity!  :tard: :autism:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10289 on: October 12, 2017, 12:11:29 PM »
Spazzes unite. Yeah, right... :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein