Author Topic: 12 Significant Events That the Mockingbird Media is Currently Ignoring  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Americans are turning to alternative media that agrees with their point of view & politics, not to get the truth.

Most sense I've heard all day.

From studying media, there is some form of bias regardless where it came from. You will never get the truth, but what they think what happened. The only way to see the truth is to see and study it for yourself, rather than listen to some nutcase armchair activist.

Most of the time, we can't have that privilege. So we're forced to go by what others say. The question is who to trust. Not a very easy question to answer ... although it's easy to realize how nutty a lot of (if not all of) the conspiracy theories turn out to be. But that itself requires going by what the media (and scientific journals, if needed) say.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Americans are turning to alternative media that agrees with their point of view & politics, not to get the truth.

Most sense I've heard all day.

From studying media, there is some form of bias regardless where it came from. You will never get the truth, but what they think what happened. The only way to see the truth is to see and study it for yourself, rather than listen to some nutcase armchair activist.

Most of the time, we can't have that privilege. So we're forced to go by what others say. The question is who to trust. Not a very easy question to answer ... although it's easy to realize how nutty a lot of (if not all of) the conspiracy theories turn out to be. But that itself requires going by what the media (and scientific journals, if needed) say.

I'm willing to take the step to say all conspiracy theories hold a tiny amount of truth to them, but usually the truth is much more mundane. I think the biggest conspiracy theory of all is that there isn't really one and they're all distractions from the simple fact: Most influential actions are purely opportunistic ventures by people with lots of wealth and/or influence who want to further their own agendas.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Of course, there does need to be a distinction between an actual conspiracy and a conspiracy theory.

Most often, conspiracy theories are just that - conspiracy theories. And there's a reason why: no conclusive evidence.

But now that I think about it, there have been a couple of exceptions. But those were just lacking in evidence at the beginning waiting to be discovered ... not like in the case of those nutty conspiracy theories that go around today (which are actually contradicted by actual evidence).

Scrapheap

Of course, there does need to be a distinction between an actual conspiracy and a conspiracy theory.

Most often, conspiracy theories are just that - conspiracy theories. And there's a reason why: no conclusive evidence.

But now that I think about it, there have been a couple of exceptions. But those were just lacking in evidence at the beginning waiting to be discovered ... not like in the case of those nutty conspiracy theories that go around today (which are actually contradicted by actual evidence).

I would have to slightly disagree here.

You don't identify a conspiracy theory by it lacking evidence, you spot them by statements that are inherently unfalsifiable, contradicted by good evidence or are better explained by other theories.

Plate tectonics and the theory of evolution both lacked good evidence at one time. Neither theory contradicted obervable evidence, nor contained statements that could never be proven, quite the opposite. The proponents of both theories both offered up arguemnts that would prove their ideas as false. That is one way how you tell a genuine hypothesis from junk science.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
If it's a topic I'm interested in, I'll do an internet search to see as many different points of view as I can find about it.

For example, I recently searched for ATF's Operation Fast and Furious.
Using what search engine(s)?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
If it's a topic I'm interested in, I'll do an internet search to see as many different points of view as I can find about it.

I used both Google and Yahoo and found articles on sites that I thought were likely both to the right and left of center on the political spectrum.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
I read about that, what fucking morons and just think these are only the ones we hear about
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tommy Johnson

• Constant Poster

I used both Google and Yahoo and found articles on sites that I thought were likely both to the right and left of center on the political spectrum.
You do know both search engines have been shown to search for view points that you most likely agree with, right? derka derka derp.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore

You do know both search engines have been shown to search for view points that you most likely agree with, right? derka derka derp.

What view point is that, Buttcoffee?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore

Hence why I asked
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.