Author Topic: The right to arm bears  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: The right to arm bears
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 07:35:12 PM »
I know the animal rights people would throw a fit, but I think slapping metal plates on the sides of bears, and mounting gun turrets on the top and training it to move remotely with small electric shocks would be cheap and easy compared to all the cost and complexity of building a tank, and training people to use em.  You could control bear tanks with a bored 12 year old who got kicked out of the arcade that day for kicking the drink machine for eating a dollar.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 07:45:16 PM »
i was dying too, but i refrained since we had an intelligent debate going on.

i am not flo, you know.
Yeah, I started this topic for that exact reason. I mean, as much as I'd want to post that in there, I got the feeling it wouldn't fit right.

me, i am too far removed from reality and college to remember the important sides of an issue.  yet i enjoy reading other peoples thoughts on the matter.
thanks drew for this counter thread for the peeps like me, who, enjoy a little light humour.

personally, i have lost the stomach for 'taking sides' type issues.  i have found that many people have their beliefs in place and will not be swayed.
though i reiterate, i do enjoy reading both sides of an issue.
i especially enjoy seeing Odeon get pwned.
 J/K.  i don't really enjoy it, but it was entertaining this time around.
Misunderstood.

Offline drewtheyellow

• Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 08:38:56 PM »
I know the animal rights people would throw a fit, but I think slapping metal plates on the sides of bears, and mounting gun turrets on the top and training it to move remotely with small electric shocks would be cheap and easy compared to all the cost and complexity of building a tank, and training people to use em.  You could control bear tanks with a bored 12 year old who got kicked out of the arcade that day for kicking the drink machine for eating a dollar.
Just give them free hamburgers. Who can resist a nice good free hamburger? :evillaugh:

me, i am too far removed from reality and college to remember the important sides of an issue.  yet i enjoy reading other peoples thoughts on the matter.
thanks drew for this counter thread for the peeps like me, who, enjoy a little light humour.

personally, i have lost the stomach for 'taking sides' type issues.  i have found that many people have their beliefs in place and will not be swayed.
No probs, I just wanted to see that the important issues finally received attention.

Yeah, well, I can see both sides of an issue but to be honest, gun rights are not one of my key issues. I mean, living in America, I need to remember that our founding principles were the right to shoot anything we dislike and to hate taxation, but of course this must be balanced with other concerns as well.

ozymandias

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 09:01:29 PM »
I actually don't have a problem with guns, it's the idiots and drool monkeys who make it bad for the responsible gun owners.  Despite my little diatribe earlier I don't have a problem with legitimate hunting and hunters either.  Poachers, irresponsible hunters and just plain jerks, once again do the damage for those who hunt responsibly.  Take out the factor of the idiots, twits, jerks and fools and we wouldn't be having this debate!

hiroshima

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 09:09:35 PM »
I actually don't have a problem with guns, it's the idiots and drool monkeys who make it bad for the responsible gun owners.  Despite my little diatribe earlier I don't have a problem with legitimate hunting and hunters either.  Poachers, irresponsible hunters and just plain jerks, once again do the damage for those who hunt responsibly.  Take out the factor of the idiots, twits, jerks and fools and we wouldn't be having this debate!

When I was a kid, in the town where I lived, a hunter brought a cow into the weighing station thinking he had shot a deer.... he was that drunk. :-\

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 10:01:57 PM »
If humans weren't humans a lot of problems would be solved.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 01:29:55 AM »

i am not flo, you know.
Yeah, I started this topic for that exact reason. I mean, as much as I'd want to post that in there, I got the feeling it wouldn't fit right.

but Odeon didn't get pwned in that debate  :evillaugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 05:31:31 AM »
Anyway, I'm done with this topic too. I agree that we can go back and forth, but while I can understand your fear/hatred of firearms, you don't seem to be able to understand my side, probably because you haven't had experience with them, which is no fault. I don't like the 'I don't like ____, so no one should _____!" mentality myself.

I do understand your pov. I just don't agree with it.

I was done with this until I saw the above, and had to reply to it. NOW I'm done, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 07:02:49 AM »

i am not flo, you know.

oh, i meant to say and Quirky Carla. :eyebrows:
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 07:22:03 AM »
I was pwned in your dreams, McJ. Waking up is a bitch, isn't it? ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 08:37:29 AM »
I was pwned in your dreams, McJ. Waking up is a bitch, isn't it? ;)

TOM, certainly is. ;)
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 02:45:05 AM »

i am not flo, you know.

I didn't get pwned, I just got bored with it, and I thought odeon and Kiss_My_AS said it better than I could have.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 06:08:40 AM »

i am not flo, you know.

I didn't get pwned, I just got bored with it, and I thought odeon and Kiss_My_AS said it better than I could have.

re-pwned².

btw- did you know that i do not own any guns?
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2006, 07:16:03 AM »
meh. fine, whatever. i still stand by my opinion though.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2006, 07:55:28 AM »
* odeon thinks McJ should leave this particular topic, considering that he wasn't part of it. ::)

- Albert Einstein