Author Topic: Vic Mignogna! D:  (Read 965 times)

thepeaguy

Vic Mignogna! D:
« on: November 01, 2006, 11:20:07 AM »
Omg, omg, omg! I can email Vic Mignogna, the English voice actor of Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist!

But what am I going to say to him...? Shall I give him thepeaguy charm (probably a bad idea), or shall I be formal and shit?

If I get a reply from him, I'm gonna post it here if Pol will be interested in reading it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 11:22:52 AM by Pride »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Vic Mignogna! D:
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:39:40 AM »
If you wanted to put in a dose of classic Peaguy charm, you could always post it here and we could let you know if there was anything too too offensive in it...
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

thepeaguy

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
If you wanted to put in a dose of classic Peaguy charm, you could always post it here and we could let you know if there was anything too too offensive in it...

I'm in the middle of deciding what to write right now. Hush.

richard

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 11:41:18 AM »
first question i'd ask him, is if he thinks you are ghey?

thepeaguy

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 11:42:07 AM »

Why would I ask an anime actor that? :/

Trust the big penis to reply to this thread.

Omg! Omg! Omg! I'm nervous and excited at the same time. D:

richard

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 11:45:51 AM »

because your a fanboy?

thepeaguy

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 11:48:23 AM »

because your a fanboy?

Yes; I like how he plays the role of Edward Elric.

thepeaguy

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 12:07:19 PM »
Hey, Vic. How's it going, man?

I go by the pseudonym "thepeaguy" online, and I've been a big fan of Full Metal Alchemist (FMA) ever since I've first watched the first volume of the FMA series on dvd. It took me awhile to view the first volume, since I didn't own a multi-regional dvd player at the time, but as soon as I received a cheap one (courtesy of my father), I became hooked to the series. I always wait anxiously for the new volumes to be delivered at my house by post because I order them usually from amazon.co.uk. I'm like, "Omg, omg, has the next Full Metal Alchemist volume arrived at my home today?" The series is just amazing, and it's nothing like the Pokemon crap I have watched on Sky One.

What I've written so far.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 12:21:50 PM »

I go by the pseudonym "thepeaguy" online, and I've been a big fan of Full Metal Alchemist (FMA) ever since I've first watched the first volume of the FMA series on dvd. It took me awhile to view the first volume, since I didn't own a multi-regional dvd player at the time, but as soon as I received a cheap one (courtesy of my father), I became hooked to the series. I always wait anxiously for the new volumes to be delivered at my house by post because I order them usually from amazon.co.uk. I'm like, "Omg, omg, has the next Full Metal Alchemist volume arrived at my home today?" The series is just amazing, and it's nothing like the Pokemon crap I have watched on Sky One.

It looks perfect. You sound like an avid fan and not a stalker. That should increase your chances of getting a reply back. I can't believe you even thought you had to ask if I would be interested.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

thepeaguy

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 12:35:51 PM »

It looks perfect. You sound like an avid fan and not a stalker. That should increase your chances of getting a reply back. I can't believe you even thought you had to ask if I would be interested.

I'm just thinking how I can praise his acting performance as Ed, and how I liked his best friend's performance as Ballardbird Lee from Gungrave and Mugen from Samurai Champloo. Not to mention questions about his career and the FMA series in general.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 12:47:47 PM »
I have no clue what this is about (yet again lol) but it sounds like its a bit of a big deal.  Now did you get this opportunity if you don't mind me asking?

richard

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 12:52:33 PM »
I have no clue what this is about
your not missing much in not knowing what hes talking about. its like going to a convention, for gheys that is

thepeaguy

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 12:54:27 PM »
I have no clue what this is about (yet again lol) but it sounds like its a bit of a big deal.  Now did you get this opportunity if you don't mind me asking?

No, not yet. I'm in the middle of writing out a draft here and see what others may think of it before I decide to send it to the actor in question.

As for what it's about...

Well, I enjoyed the anime series so much that I just wanted to show my appreciation for it by sending an email to one of my favourite voice actors tof the series, namely Vic. As I was listening to him on the commentary of one of the FMA dvds (volume 5, I think), he seems like a nice guy, and this was evident when he was conversing with his co-actor who plays Edward's little brother, Aaron Dismuke, during the commentary.

I have no clue what this is about
your not missing much in not knowing what hes talking about. its like going to a convention, for gheys that is

And there goes the big penis splurting out his spunk again. :/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 12:58:21 PM by Pride »

thepeaguy

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 01:22:57 PM »
I would also like to say how much I enjoyed your performance as Edward Elric in the series. You truly gave that character a lot of personality. If it weren't for your enthusiasm as an actor, I don't think the series would've received a lot of praise with the English anime fans like it has done in Japan. You have got to pat yourself on the back for making a lot of people happy with probably your most noticable and greatest work as an anime actor yet. Actually, that's unfair for me to single out the rest of the voice actors because I enjoyed all of the acting from the main characters from that series, especially from Aaron Dismuke, who played the role of your brother. He's a talented young man.

Now, I would like to ask you some questions, if I may:

1. I know you're a big anime fan, so have you watched Gungrave yet? If so, what did you think of the series, and what did you think of your best friend's (Steven Jay Blum) acting performance as Ballardbird Lee?

2. Do you prefer the anime conclusion of FMA or do you prefer the on-going manga?

3. Have you ever had any put-downs from ignorant people in the past for being a voice actor?

4. What is your most hated performance in your anime voice acting career?

Update: Already sent an email to him.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 02:15:46 PM by Pride »

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 04:12:56 PM »
Yes; I like how he plays the role of Edward Elric.
He does alright, I still prefer the subbed version of the show though
btw I heard the manga is a lot different, have you read any?
"run with a pack, not with a herd"