Author Topic: Argue here  (Read 3661 times)

eris

Re: Argue here
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 06:20:18 PM »
side-note: I once belonged to such a sensitive forum. I was not allowed to insult anyone yet was told by a  few members that followed me around saying I shouldn't be allowed around children and such things because of my fetishes. I was not allowed to criticize though, because they are opinions. I was told they were giving opinions not insults, and I cant stop anyone from following me around. I eventually got bored with the place and came here.

Which forum was this Eris?

Marilyn Manson official: babylon

and the funny thing is , I was a member of that forum since 2001, but it closed in 06 I think. A few of us ( including Zegh) had our own private foum for a while then that closed too. The official opened back up last year and I was a little late to the party, and not many original members were there and it just wasnt the same

Zegh always tells me I belong there and everything, but there are only maybe 5 people there left I even care about and I can talk to them whenever I want - so, its just not the same place to me

It never used to be moderated like that either  ::)

there was an issue where a mod told someone to kill themselves tho, and that is why it closed down in the first place. Its the "official" manson forum so they have to be paranoid of such bad publicity. He gets enough.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2011, 06:20:38 PM »
you were a mod, so you would know the amswer to this

Im not saying it is YOU that made the rules

but is it true there that all you need to do is carefully mask your words, and it only becomes a point of who can cleverly insult someone underhandedly ?

For instance, no one said "you are a danger to society" more like "I wouldnt want my children around you"

masking insuilts in opinions

Pretty much, at least at WP.  So long as you aren't calling someone something, or calling a group of people something (this was a new rule I managed to add after the Iamnotahomo fiasco), you can get away with implication.  There are more than two standards, there are dozens.

Osensitive1

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 06:22:26 PM »

but is it true there that all you need to do is carefully mask your words, and it only becomes a point of who can cleverly insult someone underhandedly ?

For instance, no one said "you are a danger to society" more like "I wouldnt want my children around you"

It seems a fine line when it comes to personal insults, direct or implied, and may have more to do with frequency of attack and who actually complains about it. Though yes, care with words is used and avoiding the word 'you' takes away the personal part so both of your examples might be viewed as personal. Saying, people with that type of fetish shouldn't be allowed around children, would be a better example of careful wording of personal attack. Adding the words, I think, to it would also clarify opinion of a subject matter.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 06:24:56 PM »
WP is well known for it's double standards. I'm surprised the forum hasn't closed down from such bullshit by now. :dunno:

How does a double standard close down a forum?

It doesn't. There's more to the bullshit that double standards itself.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp3660695.html#3660695

I wrote something about that this morning.  My last paragraph pretty sums up what I think of where WP is heading, standards and all.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 07:32:54 PM by Midwife »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 06:26:01 PM »
side-note: I once belonged to such a sensitive forum. I was not allowed to insult anyone yet was told by a  few members that followed me around saying I shouldn't be allowed around children and such things because of my fetishes. I was not allowed to criticize though, because they are opinions. I was told they were giving opinions not insults, and I cant stop anyone from following me around. I eventually got bored with the place and came here.

Which forum was this Eris?

Marilyn Manson official: babylon

and the funny thing is , I was a member of that forum since 2001, but it closed in 06 I think. A few of us ( including Zegh) had our own private foum for a while then that closed too. The official opened back up last year and I was a little late to the party, and not many original members were there and it just wasnt the same

Zegh always tells me I belong there and everything, but there are only maybe 5 people there left I even care about and I can talk to them whenever I want - so, its just not the same place to me

It never used to be moderated like that either  ::)

there was an issue where a mod told someone to kill themselves tho, and that is why it closed down in the first place. Its the "official" manson forum so they have to be paranoid of such bad publicity. He gets enough.

Who were the fuckwads who were saying that kinda trash to you?
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

eris

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 08:31:54 PM »
just 3 people actually. THat place is huge. But I also just found myself just not caring about the place. It wasnt the same forum. I didnt want to talk to teenagers about Manson, I wanted to talk to my old friends about inside jokes that are 10 years old.

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2011, 04:15:02 AM »

Pretty much, at least at WP.  So long as you aren't calling someone something, or calling a group of people something (this was a new rule I managed to add after the Iamnotahomo fiasco), you can get away with implication.  There are more than two standards, there are dozens.

You don't even have to be subtle. I've got away more than once with saying "If personal attacks weren't against the rules, I'd be calling you an idiot, but they are, so I'm totally not" to people.

P7PSP

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2011, 04:19:07 AM »
I really liked fucking with that moron Digger1. He made it easy.  :LOL:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2011, 05:53:28 AM »

"I am midwifeaspie's piece of meat"

I thought that WP was a sensitive place, and such an insult would not be tolerated

I'm not really sure what it means.  He calls himself "Emlion's piece of meat" on WP because his MO is to pick out a lady and "work his magic" (can you guess who he picked here this time?), so I guess it is a compliment.  Either way, what are they going to do, ban him?  :LOL:

I am just guessing that could be a reference to me?
*wonders why is this so
guessing again  because i entered into a debate to correct an innacuracy that was about Benj being of low intelligence when i know it is not so?     If i had heard someone saying same about anyone here who i have conversed with,  i would have done same thing.   Is that not fair enough?

Forgive me  if i have misread what is written above,  but it implies that the  reason i said what i did about Benj was due to 'him working his magic' on me!  Not too sure what that means but i get the idea.  Could it not be the case i said what i did just because i find it to be true?

Since then,  when i log on here, i  keep reading assumtions and innuendo that have no truth behind them whatsoever.  I get the impression that this is likely to continue
simply because it was percieved i was siding against the majority.

I was not siding with anyone, and have repeatedly stated so.  Happen to like people on both sides of the argument.  This should not really matter as it is not my argument.

Only ever said that i found benj funny,  liked him on the site, and didn't think he was retarded.
Hardly defending him?  Hardly ambigious either -  how did it evolve into Benj working his magic on me? 
I don't really care,  but,  once again,  i am explaining something that is not true. 

One last time, just for the record:

*  I speak as i find
*  Nothing is going on with Benj.  Shockingly i like a lot of people with whom nothing is going on with either :zoinks:
*  I am 39.  Got no romantic tendancies towards any men of his age.
*  I already have a man.  Allbeit an 'intermittent' one, but still father to my child.
*  Immune to magic
*  Have no idea what lies behind this bout of arguing.  Therefore got no opinion really.  Not siding at all.
*  Feel i should also state that Benj has never expressed any interest in practicing his magic on me either.

People come here for different reasons.  I didn't come here to argue with anyone. Didn't anticipate such a reaction just because i stated something contrary to popular belief.  Yes i regret voicing my opinion now but thought that's what forum's were about. 

I started posting here, enthusiastically at times, just to generally express myself and have a few laughs.   

It has changed now. 

I feel that i need to scan threads now, just to see if i have been implicated in anything before i start my normal posting rounds.
  :thumbdn:

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

blah blah blah

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2011, 06:19:48 AM »
Bodaccea, check the statement under MLA's avatar.

I don't think he was referring to you; he was referring to himself. But I'll let MLA confirm if this is what he meant.

eris

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2011, 07:23:09 AM »
bodaccea I dont think I ever saw anyone target you for anything ever. sorry you feel that way though.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:29:40 AM by eris »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2011, 08:13:55 AM »
Bodie -

Nobody has ever said you are in a relationship with Benji or that you have feelings for Benji.  What I said was he picks a single female member and goes to work on her.  By "working his magic" on you I mean that he is engaging in thoughtful and intelligent conversation with you in PM, something that even you have to admit he is certainly not doing anywhere else on the boards, or in PM with anyone else either.

And it appears to be working inasmuch as he has you convinced that I2 is a group of bullies who gang up on certain members, or at least you say so to him directly when you plus his karma:

bodaccea (+406/-8)   benjimanbreeg (+103/-38)   +   you against a bandwagon   In topic   May 19, 2011, 03:04:44 PM

eris

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2011, 08:15:34 AM »
I guess I am too intimidating.

CBT isnt for everyone

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2011, 08:32:19 AM »

"I am midwifeaspie's piece of meat"

I thought that WP was a sensitive place, and such an insult would not be tolerated

I'm not really sure what it means.  He calls himself "Emlion's piece of meat" on WP because his MO is to pick out a lady and "work his magic" (can you guess who he picked here this time?), so I guess it is a compliment.  Either way, what are they going to do, ban him?  :LOL:

I am just guessing that could be a reference to me?
*wonders why is this so
guessing again  because i entered into a debate to correct an innacuracy that was about Benj being of low intelligence when i know it is not so?     If i had heard someone saying same about anyone here who i have conversed with,  i would have done same thing.   Is that not fair enough?

Forgive me  if i have misread what is written above,  but it implies that the  reason i said what i did about Benj was due to 'him working his magic' on me!  Not too sure what that means but i get the idea.  Could it not be the case i said what i did just because i find it to be true?

Since then,  when i log on here, i  keep reading assumtions and innuendo that have no truth behind them whatsoever.  I get the impression that this is likely to continue
simply because it was percieved i was siding against the majority.

I was not siding with anyone, and have repeatedly stated so.  Happen to like people on both sides of the argument.  This should not really matter as it is not my argument.

Only ever said that i found benj funny,  liked him on the site, and didn't think he was retarded.
Hardly defending him?  Hardly ambigious either -  how did it evolve into Benj working his magic on me? 
I don't really care,  but,  once again,  i am explaining something that is not true. 

One last time, just for the record:

*  I speak as i find
*  Nothing is going on with Benj.  Shockingly i like a lot of people with whom nothing is going on with either :zoinks:
*  I am 39.  Got no romantic tendancies towards any men of his age.
*  I already have a man.  Allbeit an 'intermittent' one, but still father to my child.
*  Immune to magic
*  Have no idea what lies behind this bout of arguing.  Therefore got no opinion really.  Not siding at all.
*  Feel i should also state that Benj has never expressed any interest in practicing his magic on me either.

People come here for different reasons.  I didn't come here to argue with anyone. Didn't anticipate such a reaction just because i stated something contrary to popular belief.  Yes i regret voicing my opinion now but thought that's what forum's were about. 

I started posting here, enthusiastically at times, just to generally express myself and have a few laughs.   

It has changed now. 

I feel that i need to scan threads now, just to see if i have been implicated in anything before i start my normal posting rounds.
  :thumbdn:

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Bodaccea, I admire you for standing up for your opinions.  I would agree with you that Benji is not a moron and I can see how he can be funny and engaging when he isn't trying to prove himself to be some kind of alpha male.  I think that he and MLA are pretty funny with their back and forth "piece of meat" comments, even though that does seem to be an alpha male demonstration.  I'm not fond of the way Benji seemed to accuse CG of lying and threatened her that he would post her PMs.  I would be disinclined to confide much to him by PM, but maybe that's just me.

Osensitive1

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
Would be interesting to know Benji's perception on all of this. Myself tend to refrain from online friendships via pm with males, for fear they might misunderstand my intention, although relating best to males makes this tempting at times. Autistic males are a unique breed and would never want to cause such damage, even on accident, which is why also refrain from flirtatious comments in general posting.