Educational

Author Topic: Hello this is Genesis and I'm wanting to do a confession hearing vs. Semicolon  (Read 667 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
To Whom it may concern:

How dare you, how fucking dare you!

Regarding the incident with editing the posts of a user on AFF I have concluded to the following:

With certain reasons to why I added the hyperlinks to what you "Semicolon" call as "changing the post without intention" I was only doing it as a reason of fun or a joke, nothing serious. I still don't get why I was being criticized for something like that, instead of editing Lestat's posts because of him dodging the censors on certain words of foul language. The user on AFF knew I wasn't being mean,harsh,or critical.

If you don't believe me of my reasoning I will provide what I did to begin with:

Quote from: AFF User
[quote=Genesis
[In response to what I have said]

1 I had Monday off
2 There is no 2
3 I win, that is all.

Monday:

2:

win:

I am now aware that it was of violation, and I deserve my consequence PikaJedi3 and Semicolon.

Yet I don't get why when skyblue1 reached 10,000+ posts and somehow Pika decreased it to -2,000 less then what it was. He was joking about it.... thats what doesn't make sense to me.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
What is it that you want? I can't speak for Pikajedi3. I saw your edit of AspieGrrl's post as unjustified. On a forum, a moderator has a responsibility to use his/her power responsibly. Any post that follows the rules should be left alone. Whatever a post says is assumed to represent the opinions of that user. If that post is changed, regular members have no way of knowing what in the post was changed (unless they saw it before it was edited). When you edit a post that follows the rules, you are presuming to speak for that member. It's also a step on the slippery slope towards moderator despotism.

Why would I criticize you for editing Lestat's posts when he breaks the rules? That's a justified use of mod power.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
To Whom it may concern:

How dare you, how fucking dare you!

Regarding the incident with editing the posts of a user on AFF I have concluded to the following:

With certain reasons to why I added the hyperlinks to what you "Semicolon" call as "changing the post without intention" I was only doing it as a reason of fun or a joke, nothing serious. I still don't get why I was being criticized for something like that, instead of editing Lestat's posts because of him dodging the censors on certain words of foul language. The user on AFF knew I wasn't being mean,harsh,or critical.

If you don't believe me of my reasoning I will provide what I did to begin with:

Quote from: AFF User
[quote=Genesis
[In response to what I have said]

I am now aware that it was of violation, and I deserve my consequence PikaJedi3 and Semicolon.

Yet I don't get why when skyblue1 reached 10,000+ posts and somehow Pika decreased it to -2,000 less then what it was. He was joking about it.... thats what doesn't make sense to me.

I immediately notified Skyblue about what I'd done. When I edit a post I immediately annotate it to say exactly why I have edited it and if necessary I PM the person involved.

We saw edited posts, no reasons and no justifications.

In addition, I have never, ever edited a post unless it was necessary; There are some things that you just don't do, and that is one of them. You can completely change what somebody has said and they have no recourse.
We will not entertain even the accusation of moderator power abuse and it is investigated thoroughly no matter the quarter it comes from. These were not the only complaints, though I agreed with your decision to slap down the filter-dodging by Lestat.

Reshuffling the staff is something we'd been discussing for quite awhile (which Gareth will attest to) and this was considered to be an ideal time - we've just changed hosting, we've got BC going, we've almost got the automod working and we're taking steps towards collusion with ASAN.

There is also a side benefit to reshuffling staff; When we need moderators due to growth or temp staff, we have a stock of experienced members to call on.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:10:41 AM by Pikajedi3 »

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
What is it that you want? I can't speak for Pikajedi3. I saw your edit of AspieGrrl's post as unjustified. On a forum, a moderator has a responsibility to use his/her power responsibly. Any post that follows the rules should be left alone. Whatever a post says is assumed to represent the opinions of that user. If that post is changed, regular members have no way of knowing what in the post was changed (unless they saw it before it was edited). When you edit a post that follows the rules, you are presuming to speak for that member. It's also a step on the slippery slope towards moderator despotism.

Why would I criticize you for editing Lestat's posts when he breaks the rules? That's a justified use of mod power.

I understand that now! I am saying I accept my consequences due to the following.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Understood.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
One last thing:

Why bring up my doings on this forum?

you could of just told me or told Pika on AFF? What the hell is wrong with you Semicolon? Thats what I don't get, why are you a drama queen spreading our business on this forum?

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
One last thing:

you could of just told me or told Pika on AFF? What the hell is wrong with you Semicolon? Thats what I don't get, why are you a drama queen spreading our business on this forum?

I can answer this;

When people feel that the moderation on a site is out of control or abusing the power, they feel like they cannot bring their complaints either to the site or to the staff thereof.

I did ask in the other thread why the hell the complaints were not brought to us.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
One last thing:

I have to side with Boris against semicolon. As it pissed me off that semi would use something I mentioned to start a drama thread . Just to run his mouth and make hisself look important.

I do understand Pikajedi`s reasoning and actions. In the end it was justified.

My gripe is with semicolic

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
I thought thats what the report button was for  ???

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
One last thing:

Why not talk about it here? AFF is transparent, and that post was on a public thread. I wasn't the one who originally brought it up; skyblue1 mentioned it here:

it was just data loss, nothing sinister.

The only thing that gripes me these days is that the mods feel free to go into a post and change things, without permission or explanation.

He has already apologized to you for bringing it up.

At the time, I cited an example of your unjustified editing to back up his statement. If I recall correctly, I2 was founded as a lawless forum because the moderated forums didn't provide a place for the free exchange of information. Conversations here have helped limit abuses of power on WP and AFF by providing a forum for disgruntled members to air their grievances. Here, what matters is your ability to back up what you say. While drama is interesting, it wasn't my intention to cause any. It wasn't morally wrong to bring up the subject here.

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
I thought thats what the report button was for  ???

The report button is staffed by mods. I would be reporting your abuse of power to you.