Educational

Author Topic: WTF company spies on customers  (Read 950 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: WTF company spies on customers
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 08:48:56 AM »
15 dollars a month? Try 200 dollars a month (for 24 months), for a laptop not worth more than 600 dollars. From Ripoff-A-Center.

As far as I am concerned, this is a victim-less crime. Anyone with half a fucking brain should know that rent-to-own deals are nothing but legal scams. In fact, I think these idiots full well deserve to have their privacy infringed like that because they have no common sense and don't deserve any dignity, let alone any refunds nor lawsuit settlements. Fuck them. And fuck all rent-to-own places.

Not to mention that Hulk Hogan is a piece of shit who should be burnt to death. Along with John Madden. :thumbdn:

This is the kind of thing I refer to in the other thread.  Just because he isn't trying to cum on little girls today doesn't make him "new & improved".

:agreed:

I dont see how spying on anyone like this could be legal

I mean, c'mon guys, everyone does a little "private time" in front of the computer, especially teenagers. Imaging all the CP that school would have

Its sickens me really. SOME people have access to that, like administration or whatever... pictures little kids getting naked and such ,even young girls getting ready for school !!!

Should be imprisonment !

My stomach has literally just turned, the thoughts of who culd have access to that is just. ugh  :thumbdn:

thanks for the links, jack

$610,000 is nothing really. they must have been poor people. They could have had an extra 0 onto that.

Fox News reports that the settlement calls for $175,000 to be placed in a trust for Robbins and $10,000 for Hassan. Their lawyer, Mark Haltzman, will get $425,000 for his work on the case.

:facepalm2:

im not even going to say it. you all feel the same way about that im sure

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

If your child has that kind of privacy breached , you don't settle for money , you stop when the fuckers responsible are sacked from the school and not allowed to work with children EVER again.

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:53:26 AM by Sexy Cthulhu »
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Osensitive1

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 09:35:38 AM »
$610,000 is nothing really. they must have been poor people. They could have had an extra 0 onto that.
Can see how someone might not be interested in bankrupting a public school. Shouldn't have been about money at all, except maybe covering legal fees, but rather privacy laws. 400 images is two weeks; someone was perving on that kid pretty hard. Didn't see where anyone even lost their job, much less received any jail time.

eris

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 09:41:01 AM »
Can see how someone might not be interested in bankrupting a public school.

good point. I just think its horrible how the lawyer got most of the money.

Osensitive1

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 09:43:10 AM »
Can see how someone might not be interested in bankrupting a public school.

good point. I just think its horrible how the lawyer got most of the money.
Yes, horrible. They usually do.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 09:47:15 AM »
i guess I could be part of this whole mess too and shouldn't deserve anything because I used to work there and contributed to the problem,

Not at all Eris.  You were an employee, and you didn't know it was going on.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 01:08:31 PM »
Can see how someone might not be interested in bankrupting a public school. Shouldn't have been about money at all, except maybe covering legal fees, but rather privacy laws. 400 images is two weeks; someone was perving on that kid pretty hard. Didn't see where anyone even lost their job, much less received any jail time.

If someone lost their job over it, it probably would have been handled quietly, like a teacher being strongly encouraged to take an early retirement, because there are teacher's unions who will back their teachers no matter what.

When I had the job as a bus assistant, I was strongly encouraged to join a union for bus drivers and assistants.  I was told that if I joined and then was ever sued for any reason having to do with my job, the union would hire a lawyer for me.  The school district would give me legal representation to the extent I acted as their agent, so if I was acting within my job description, I would be covered by the school district, so I didn't join the union.

When the special education teacher physically abused my daughter by putting soap in her mouth and then choking her, she was not acting within the scope of her employment and therefore could have been sued personally, but we didn't sue because what we wanted was to get our daughter the hell away from this special education teacher and the school, which had become associated with some horrible memories for her.

Osensitive1

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »
I see. Thanks, Callaway.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »
When the special education teacher physically abused my daughter by putting soap in her mouth and then choking her, she was not acting within the scope of her employment and therefore could have been sued personally, but we didn't sue because what we wanted was to get our daughter the hell away from this special education teacher and the school, which had become associated with some horrible memories for her.

Jesus christ...

:hug:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

DukeNukem

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »
So the special ed teacher faced no consequences for her actions? :facepalm2:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 02:10:20 PM »

I heard that she finally took an early retirement, but no, not from us, anyway.

My daughter wanted us to go to her house, kidnap her, take her to a judge, and force her to tell the truth about what she did to her.

Of course the teacher lied through her teeth and said that she didn't do anything wrong.

DukeNukem

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »

I heard that she finally took an early retirement, but no, not from us, anyway.

My daughter wanted us to go to her house, kidnap her, take her to a judge, and force her to tell the truth about what she did to her.

Of course the teacher lied through her teeth and said that she didn't do anything wrong.

Great. The teacher got away with it. Typical education system. :wanker:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »

If someone lost their job over it, it probably would have been handled quietly, like a teacher being strongly encouraged to take an early retirement, because there are teacher's unions who will back their teachers no matter what.

When I had the job as a bus assistant, I was strongly encouraged to join a union for bus drivers and assistants.  I was told that if I joined and then was ever sued for any reason having to do with my job, the union would hire a lawyer for me.  The school district would give me legal representation to the extent I acted as their agent, so if I was acting within my job description, I would be covered by the school district, so I didn't join the union.

OMG Callaway that is horrible,  the teacher can't be right in the head to do that..that is shocking.  hope your daughter got over it, so you found a better school
i hope?
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 04:21:42 PM »

OMG Callaway that is horrible,  the teacher can't be right in the head to do that..that is shocking.  hope your daughter got over it, so you found a better school
i hope?

We found a better school, or actually four better schools now, but she hasn't gotten over the abuse after seven years.  She's still afraid that her new teachers will hurt her, so she lashes out at them.  She can't even bear for us to drive by her old school, which is about a half mile from our house.

TheoK

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »
She should have done that to me when I was a child. My father would have bashed her teeth out. :boxers:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »
We considered pursuing it in court, but our daughter was seven years old and most people couldn't understand her when she talked, so she wouldn't have made a good witness and the abuse apparently happened only when the two of them were alone, so there weren't any other witnesses and it was just our daughter's word against a special education teacher's word.