Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 19324 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #345 on: January 08, 2007, 09:37:29 AM »
I suppose that IF we are to accept that guns are a part of society, and IF others than the police, army, etc, can carry (and use) one, 18 is as good an age as any. You'd have to be legally adult, though, and youept those IFs'd have to be allowed to vote, drive, drink, etc.

But I don't accept those IFs. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #346 on: January 08, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »
I suppose that IF we are to accept that guns are a part of society, and IF others than the police, army, etc, can carry (and use) one, 18 is as good an age as any. You'd have to be legally adult, though, and youept those IFs'd have to be allowed to vote, drive, drink, etc.

would you accept a few ands or buts?
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #347 on: January 08, 2007, 11:02:49 AM »
Buts, maybe. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #348 on: January 08, 2007, 11:56:13 AM »
but what if people only used the butt end of a gun for self defense?
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2007, 12:00:48 PM »
Gun powder is totally free for everyone from 18 and over and so are lead shots. Maybe we could defend ourselves by blowing gun powder in the criminals' faces or fill a sock with lead shots and hit them in the head.  ;D

The thing is not only the gun law, but that the right to self-defense is much too weak here. I can even get jail for beating a burglar up with my bare fists... ::)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #350 on: January 08, 2007, 12:02:26 PM »
Gun powder is totally free for everyone from 18 and over and so are lead shots. Maybe we could defend ourselves by blowing gun powder in the criminals' faces or fill a sock with lead shots and hit them in the head.  ;D

The thing is not only the gun law, but that the right to self-defense is much too weak here. I can even get jail for beating a burglar up with my bare fists... ::)

then buy a shovel instead of a handgun.

then make sure you beat the burglar to death and bury the evidence.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #351 on: January 08, 2007, 12:06:32 PM »
I have honestly thought about that. It wouldn't be too hard to bury a dead body, since I live out on the countryside and know every square inch of my neighbourhood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2007, 12:09:51 PM »
I have honestly thought about that. It wouldn't be too hard to bury a dead body, since I live out on the countryside and know every square inch of my neighbourhood.

you want to be prepared to defend yopurself with a handgun.
prepare yourself by pre-digging that grave.  cover it with a piece of plywood and dirt.
seems like you are paranoid (strong term, sorry) about burglars, so this might be a workable solution.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #353 on: January 08, 2007, 12:13:56 PM »
prepare yourself by pre-digging that grave.  cover it with a piece of plywood and dirt.
seems like you are paranoid (strong term, sorry) about burglars, so this might be a workable solution.

Another method would be to dump the body into the sea, since I live near the coast.

It's not really that I'm paranoid, it's just that I hate the feeling of being helpless, if anything would ever happen. But honestly speaking, this is a calm neighbourhood. It hasn't been commmited a murder in this parish for 250 years(!)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #354 on: January 08, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »

Another method would be to dump the body into the sea, since I live near the coast.

It's not really that I'm paranoid, it's just that I hate the feeling of being helpless, if anything would ever happen. But honestly speaking, this is a calm neighbourhood. It hasn't been commmited a murder in this parish for 250 years(!)
not a murder that you know about.

pour thos concrete blocks now.  and don't forget the u-bolts so you can tie the body to them

also, i heard it is a good idea to cut of the hands, feet, and head, and dump them seperately.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #355 on: January 08, 2007, 12:28:18 PM »
Yep. I was also thinking of dissolving the body in sulfuric acid, but stronger concentrations are of course restricted here. But they're free in Denmark, as far as I know. I'll might have to go there and buy a barrel of 96% sulfuric acid.  8)

thepeaguy

« Reply #356 on: January 08, 2007, 01:27:32 PM »
Changed my mind. I think i should be able to legally get a gun if i want one. Sure some people might be murdered with a gun but if people really wanted to put an end to all accidents/murders then like the blizzard said then cars etc cause more deaths but no-ones interested in loosing that comfort. In this country i cant even carry a knife for self-protection, making life very easy for muggers. Even some breeds of dog are banned here. I bet that being a youth will be banned altogether in this nanny state. Governments are trying to turn their populations into sheep with id tags. Wanting to chip the homeless. Needing licenses for everything, banning smoking in public places. CCTV everywhere. Intervening in allegations into corruption. It's a very murky world out there and im all for more freedoms for the individual and less government controlling. What right has the government to decide what i cant or cant do? I also think shootouts at high noon should be made legal again. Boy, would that make for good tv.

That post was great until you've written the "can't and can't do" part. It's "can or cannot/can't do", you nonce.

driftingblizzard

« Reply #357 on: January 08, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »

I've changed my mind now.  I don't think anyone (except the police or military of a lawful gov't) should be able to own a firearm of any kind.  NO exceptions.  All weapons should be illegal in all countries.  Everyone should be made aware that I nor anyone else has them. My house is devoid of any defensive measures as I can just pick up the phone and call the local authorities if there is any disturbance going on.   And I agree with Odeon that if you are caught with a firearm of ANY sort, you should have your arms removed at the shoulders, because we all know, at that point, only a violent criminal would have a gun.

Litigious

« Reply #358 on: January 08, 2007, 02:02:29 PM »
 :green:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #359 on: January 08, 2007, 02:47:27 PM »

I've changed my mind now.  I don't think anyone (except the police or military of a lawful gov't) should be able to own a firearm of any kind.  NO exceptions.  All weapons should be illegal in all countries.  Everyone should be made aware that I nor anyone else has them. My house is devoid of any defensive measures as I can just pick up the phone and call the local authorities if there is any disturbance going on.   And I agree with Odeon that if you are caught with a firearm of ANY sort, you should have your arms removed at the shoulders, because we all know, at that point, only a violent criminal would have a gun.

How can you agree with me on this when I never said it? ???

I'm glad you finally see the light, tho. Now, if only Litigious would follow suit...

- Albert Einstein