Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 19372 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #615 on: January 20, 2009, 11:31:52 AM »
I'd say bombs would be more effective. The smartest move is to blow up things that would financially sting the rich shitfaces. That would bring them back down to earth and stop the brief powertripping.

They'd certainly be more effective, but they remain illegal for private citizens. Which was kind of my point because having a few small firearms wouldn't make much of a difference in the long run. Realistically a state will never make legal anything that would threaten their power.

O-man. With all due respect. If I was pissed off enough to go on a suicidal government-bombing spree of terror, I wouldn't be worried about whether it was legal or not man.  :lol:

Not saying I would go and do that either. Things would have to get pretty bad to piss me off that much.

I know you wouldn't bother about the legal matters, rage, and that wasn't my point. The point is that making such weapons legal would create a very dangerous situation, one that the state couldn't control. As things stand now, if a nutjob like Lit gets hold of a gun, he's most likely not clever enough to hide it in the long run IF he attempts to use it, and the state will be able to act.

Obviously, anyone could go on a one-man bombing-spree but the likelihood is that they will get caught.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #616 on: January 20, 2009, 11:34:48 AM »
I'd say bombs would be more effective. The smartest move is to blow up things that would financially sting the rich shitfaces. That would bring them back down to earth and stop the brief powertripping.

They'd certainly be more effective, but they remain illegal for private citizens. Which was kind of my point because having a few small firearms wouldn't make much of a difference in the long run. Realistically a state will never make legal anything that would threaten their power.

You can make bombs from stuff that's still legal even in Sweden, just for your information. Anyone able to bake a cake can make a bomb.

For your information, I know how to make a bomb.

:zoinks:

You forget my background.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #617 on: January 20, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »
I know you wouldn't bother about the legal matters, rage, and that wasn't my point. The point is that making such weapons legal would create a very dangerous situation, one that the state couldn't control. As things stand now, if a nutjob like Lit gets hold of a gun, he's most likely not clever enough to hide it in the long run IF he attempts to use it, and the state will be able to act.

Obviously, anyone could go on a one-man bombing-spree but the likelihood is that they will get caught.

It's probably not hard to avoid getting caught in Sweden, except when the mission is completed.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #618 on: January 20, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »

O-man. With all due respect. If I was pissed off enough to go on a suicidal government-bombing spree of terror, I wouldn't be worried about whether it was legal or not man.  :lol:

Not saying I would go and do that either. Things would have to get pretty bad to piss me off that much.

Yeah pretty much. Lit is basically on the right track in my opinion. I think he's too focused on the killing of people part though.

And yeah if I was going on a mission to snap the government and their rich ass bosses back into reality, I wouldn't plan to live through it. I'd go out with a big bang, so to speak. And I would definetely remind them that they live in a world with billions of other people and they'd best not get carried away with the self-serving bullshit.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #619 on: January 20, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »
But would you actually do it?

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #620 on: January 20, 2009, 11:40:35 AM »
Yes. If things really were taken that far, I would, and so would hundreds of other americans.

Thats the only thing that keeps the fatcats from clamping down. They don't want to piss on a hornet's nest.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #621 on: January 20, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »

You haven't seen the arsenals people have here.  My brothers for example have Gun vaults the size of closets
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #622 on: January 20, 2009, 02:39:58 PM »

You haven't seen the arsenals people have here.  My brothers for example have Gun vaults the size of closets

You're brave. Not like the cowards in Europe.  :agreed:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #623 on: January 20, 2009, 03:19:56 PM »

... as does my brother, half of my forty seven grown-up cousins and myself, too.  (My vault is not as big as a closet, actually - it fits inside the closet)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:35:21 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #624 on: January 20, 2009, 03:24:05 PM »

Remote bombs are far more effective, especially if you want to avoid getting caught.

TheoK

« Reply #625 on: January 20, 2009, 03:39:56 PM »
I just read that bullet proof vests need a license too here(!!!) I hate this country to my bones.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #626 on: January 20, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »
I just read that bullet proof vests need a license too here(!!!) I hate this country to my bones.
Just wear two "stab-proof" vests instead, they would have the similar amount of Kevlar in.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #627 on: January 21, 2009, 01:36:31 AM »
Just wear two "stab-proof" vests instead, they would have the similar amount of Kevlar in.

Uhm, learn a bit more about penetration, pal.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #628 on: January 21, 2009, 02:31:54 AM »

I suspect it wouldn't defeat my point. The state's arsenal is a bit larger. :P

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #629 on: January 21, 2009, 04:45:18 AM »

Don't think it'd help. And even odeon will agree that there is absolutely no reason for licensing bullet proof vests. Though it didn't help the little piggie that got 7 bullets from Lars Widerström's gun in him.  :eyebrows: