Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 19078 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #570 on: January 17, 2009, 12:20:15 PM »
I will make it very simple. Come and try to take away my firearms. I will kill you. Understand me?

And end up in jail?

To be honest man, i'd rather die fighting for my right to bear arms then live in a society which has been stripped of it's ability to defend it's freedom.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

TheoK

« Reply #571 on: January 17, 2009, 12:21:15 PM »
I will make it very simple. Come and try to take away my firearms. I will kill you. Understand me?

And end up in jail?

To be honest man, i'd rather die fighting for my right to bear arms then live in a society which has been stripped of it's ability to defend it's freedom.

That's my boy.  :plus:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #572 on: January 17, 2009, 12:28:59 PM »

And end up in jail?

The guns in your society--the firearms owned by private citizens, legally or illegally--aren't used to defend your country's freedom, though, are they?

Against whom would you defend yourself? I very much doubt you could do much if the state decided to change the rules, and if the attack came from outside your country the army would handle it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #573 on: January 17, 2009, 12:31:51 PM »
I very much doubt you could do much if the state decided to change the rules,

That thinking is a sure recipe for failure. If the state changes the rules without asking the people, it's the people's goddamn right to attack the state.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #574 on: January 17, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »

And end up in jail?

The guns in your society--the firearms owned by private citizens, legally or illegally--aren't used to defend your country's freedom, though, are they?

Against whom would you defend yourself? I very much doubt you could do much if the state decided to change the rules, and if the attack came from outside your country the army would handle it.

Valid points o-man. But what about the right to form militia if our freedom is threatened by our own government? It is possible that may happen in the future, and i'd feel a lot better with a way to protect myself.

Plus i'm a hunter. I have lots of guns and I use them all periodically on hunting trips.  :)
I will never stop...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #575 on: January 17, 2009, 01:15:42 PM »

And end up in jail?

Valid points o-man. But what about the right to form militia if our freedom is threatened by our own government? It is possible that may happen in the future, and i'd feel a lot better with a way to protect myself.

Yes, I can see why you'd think so, but my point is that the firearms owned by private citizens won't make much of a difference. There would be more blood but such a militia would be fairly powerless. If the state fucks up and something needs to be done, I suspect the key would be to ensure other kinds of resources, the kind that is now beyond reach for anyone but the state.

Plus i'm a hunter. I have lots of guns and I use them all periodically on hunting trips.  :)

Aye, that I can understand. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #576 on: January 17, 2009, 01:17:27 PM »

That thinking is a sure recipe for failure. If the state changes the rules without asking the people, it's the people's goddamn right to attack the state.

Always the fanatic, you, which is why most people dismiss your opinions directly. If you'd been prepared to consider other viewpoints than your own we might have had the discussion Rage sees.

Learn from Rage. He is, as you say, brave.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #577 on: January 17, 2009, 02:48:48 PM »
They have no right to decide whatsoever from the very beginning. The people has never given a state any rights to begin with, like I said in the other thread. They invented "democracy" when they couldn't fool people with religion anymore. But they still got their power in a criminal way to start with, by taking it by force from the people.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #578 on: January 17, 2009, 03:07:19 PM »
Yes, I can see why you'd think so, but my point is that the firearms owned by private citizens won't make much of a difference.

What kind of a scenario are you envisioning? What resources do you think would be more effective?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #579 on: January 17, 2009, 03:13:16 PM »

Always the fanatic, you, which is why most people dismiss your opinions directly. If you'd been prepared to consider other viewpoints than your own we might have had the discussion Rage sees.

Well. I just consider that other people just might know something I don't, but I voice my opinion. My opinion was formed from a difficult string of past events, but I keep an open mind and consider the fact that billions upon billions of people also have alternate experiences.

I do think you underestimate america's potential for militias though odeon. There are private organizations which hold very large weapons caches, and you have prior sevice men like myself which have been trained to fight previously. Militia might not win against the government, but I think they probably want to avoid such a difficult and bloody conflict. It would not be pleasant. :o
I will never stop...

TheoK

« Reply #580 on: January 17, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »
In Europe it's extremely different to make people understand that they might have to fight their governments, at least in countries that were never occupied by the commies.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #581 on: January 17, 2009, 03:43:41 PM »
In Europe it's extremely different to make people understand that they might have to fight their governments, at least in countries that were never occupied by the commies.

... or subjects of a deified royal, crowned tyrant of some sort. Remember that the people who live there in this day and age are mostly descended from loyal subjects who chose to stay while all those hopeful ships were sailing to populate the free lands of the New World.

(... or missed the boat.)
 :violin:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #582 on: January 17, 2009, 05:27:35 PM »
They have no right to decide whatsoever from the very beginning. The people has never given a state any rights to begin with, like I said in the other thread. They invented "democracy" when they couldn't fool people with religion anymore. But they still got their power in a criminal way to start with, by taking it by force from the people.

Yes dear.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #583 on: January 17, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »
Yes, I can see why you'd think so, but my point is that the firearms owned by private citizens won't make much of a difference.

What kind of a scenario are you envisioning? What resources do you think would be more effective?

Bigger guns, basically.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #584 on: January 17, 2009, 05:29:44 PM »

Well. I just consider that other people just might know something I don't, but I voice my opinion. My opinion was formed from a difficult string of past events, but I keep an open mind and consider the fact that billions upon billions of people also have alternate experiences.

I do think you underestimate america's potential for militias though odeon. There are private organizations which hold very large weapons caches, and you have prior sevice men like myself which have been trained to fight previously. Militia might not win against the government, but I think they probably want to avoid such a difficult and bloody conflict. It would not be pleasant. :o

True, it wouldn't. But what makes you think they wouldn't do it?

- Albert Einstein