Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 83373 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 08:16:29 AM »
I have a tiny mouse living in my garden. (okay, yesterday's random observation) Well, it's a really cute little fella. Fast as heck too.

I have several.  :viking:

Well, today's observation is that I have several too. Saw two together a couple of minutes ago. And yeah, you know mice.. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32.. (like them rabbits)

Um, as cute as they are.. I hope they will not enter my place..
If they do, you should get a cat  :thumbup:

My observation for the day. Two baby chinchillas were born at the farm. Cute as can be.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 08:18:27 AM »
I have a tiny mouse living in my garden. (okay, yesterday's random observation) Well, it's a really cute little fella. Fast as heck too.

Well, today's observation is that I have several too. Saw two together a couple of minutes ago. And yeah, you know mice.. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32.. (like them rabbits)

We have things here that you can plug in and they emit a frequency that is unpleasant to mice and rats. But I think you have to use it before they infest.

I personally didn't like them because I was sure that somehow I could hear it.

I know if it starts raining they get much worse quite quickly.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »

If they do, you should get a cat  :thumbup:

My observation for the day. Two baby chinchillas were born at the farm. Cute as can be.

You beat me to it.

Cats are photogenic in the garden too. So, no big loss, missing out on the cute little mice. (And mice can eat all your bulbs, depriving you of daffodils and tulips next year)
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 08:32:49 AM »
Not anti-cat here.. it's more a pro-bird thing.. but I'm allowed neither cat nor dog in this place. Well, halfly looking for a new place to live (with garden ofc.) and then I think I'll get me a couple of hens and a dog. Would be lovely.

*trying to make a deal/negotiates with mentioned mice to make sure they won't enter*  ;D

Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2011, 08:38:42 AM »
Not anti-cat here.. it's more a pro-bird thing.. but I'm allowed neither cat nor dog in this place. Well, halfly looking for a new place to live (with garden ofc.) and then I think I'll get me a couple of hens and a dog. Would be lovely.

*trying to make a deal/negotiates with mentioned mice to make sure they won't enter*  ;D

In summer you will probably be safe from an invasion of mice. When it gets colder again, they will find ways into your house, and maybe your storage of food too.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2011, 08:59:28 AM »

In summer you will probably be safe from an invasion of mice. When it gets colder again, they will find ways into your house, and maybe your storage of food too.
Yes. I have mice in my house (house is over 30 years old so it's not surprising) and they only come in during the winter. Spring/summer/fall they stay outdoors.

I meant an indoor cat though so it keeps the mice out of your house but doesn't harm them outside, or the bids. But I realize you can't have them anyway so it's a moot point. :)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2011, 09:01:33 AM »

Yes. I have mice in my house (house is over 30 years old so it's not surprising) and they only come in during the winter. Spring/summer/fall they stay outdoors.

I meant an indoor cat though so it keeps the mice out of your house but doesn't harm them outside, or the bids. But I realize you can't have them anyway so it's a moot point. :)

Snake?  :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2011, 11:58:49 AM »
The authorities seem to think that winter's over, considering that they've had large machines clean the roads from gravel and sand all day.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2011, 12:01:47 PM »
Too bad they never know when the winter is about to start, not even on an average. "Oh, it's December and this is a sub-arctic country. Snowstorm? Really?"  :facepalm2:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »
 :snowman:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2011, 12:32:48 PM »
Too bad they never know when the winter is about to start, not even on an average. "Oh, it's December and this is a sub-arctic country. Snowstorm? Really?"  :facepalm2:

I wore shorts outside yesterday and even last night and I woke up this morning with snow on the ground.   :zombiefuck:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2011, 12:39:15 PM »
Gosh.  Childhood room of my dreams:

My daughter has that exact dollhouse, although she also has the optional attic in addition to the optional basement.

My husband and I bought the basic dollhouse for her the Christmas after my mother died, when she was six years old, and the attic and basement were gifts for subsequent holidays.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2011, 05:39:42 PM »
It's April and I still have the same throat congestion I had for most of the winter.  :mad:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2011, 06:14:27 AM »
It's April and I still have the same throat congestion I had for most of the winter.  :mad:

So, now it is time to ask you.

Have you seen a doctor about that?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2011, 06:15:47 AM »

So, now it is time to ask you.

Have you seen a doctor about that?

I must confess that I have not. It's a condition that has gotten more and more "normal" for me over the years. Maybe I should ask though.  :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"