Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 83723 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #3720 on: May 28, 2018, 07:11:51 AM »
It is too hot. Twice over. A-hot enough to make me uncomfortable, so I've just been resting with the windows and bay doors open, with some oxy, morphine and sleeping pills to help me relax.

And B-I have a flask full of bromine that needs to be distilled and redistilled to isolate and purify it, and Br2 is both volatile, stinky (the name 'bromine' comes from the ancient greek word 'bromos' meaning 'stench'), corrosive and toxic (its one of the halogens, comes between chlorine and iodine in the periodic table, although IIRC it is more toxic than chlorine gas). And its scorching hot out now, so I'm waiting until the evening/night time where it is colder so the coolant lines to my condensers don't need to work so hard, although I'll still be circulating salted ice-water through the condenser coils and using a Vigreaux wrapped in Al foil to insulate it to assist in condensing as much Br2 as possible, with the receiver flask immersed in an ice-salt-water-antifreeze bath to cool it down as far below zero 'C as possible. Still, not a task I am looking forward to..having to wear a gas mask, goggles, elbow-length doubled up pairs of thick artificial rubber gloves with a pair of surgical nitrile gloves over the top for good measure, and blast-shield over my face, neck, head  and upper torso, and heavy leather trench for a labcoat, it gets really uncomfortable, sweaty and stifling after not very long at all.

Plus I have a pressure-equalizing addition funnel to vent free of chlorine gas, and a stack of condensers and vigreaux column to purge of the most obnoxious  bromine monochloride  gas, which is unstable towards H2O, as well as extremely toxic and very, very, VERY corrosive, reactive, unpleasant stuff.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3721 on: May 28, 2018, 11:37:59 PM »
Probably shouldn't have collected glass in my feet.

Where else would you collect it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3722 on: May 29, 2018, 03:20:01 AM »
Probably shouldn't have collected glass in my feet.

Where else would you collect it?

I don't know really. That's why I kept it there.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3723 on: July 30, 2018, 04:36:46 PM »
Saw lots of banned vehicles on the parkway today including the box truck that gave a bridge a little kiss right in front of me.   It wasnt much I didn't see any damage but I could hear it hit and from the drivers panic braking he felt it too :o
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3724 on: August 08, 2018, 06:30:29 PM »
This time, no harm no foul, not even close. But not sure whether this fits in as an observation or a quick bitch. Because there are a fair few factors that mean it seems as though it ought not to qualify as bitchworthy.

But when I need to dose my morphine IM, sometimes its happened, where there is a really deep and hitherto unknown, unexpected vein at the site, and it has gone in intravenously after the needle tip seemed to have gone in to the muscle as expected/intended, but unbeknownst to me until after the fact, it has actually entered a deep, deep vein sideways on (IVs should be done at a shallow angle if intentionally performed to avoid damaging the vein etc.), but the muscle thickness and vein size has been precisely correct for it both to conspire together for it to go in, and avoid penetrating straight through and out again, making it an IV shot where it ought to have been an IM.

Just happened then, resulting in a massive head and body rush. Very pleasant mind you at this dose, but the last time it happened, I couldn't have aimed it there if I'd tried, not without an ultrasound system to visualize the deep tissues, same again, but last time the dose was much, much less  light, and enough to cause me to come on with a right thumping headache, from the histamine release, heart rate increasing and pounding like crazy. Ended up having to crush up several antihistamine tablets and liquefy them, using a needle-less measuring syringe to dose it up the rear end, felt like I was about to throw up if I swallowed the bitter tablets, some cyclizine, pretty effective sedating antihistamine, but they taste bitter and nasty. I'd have tossed my cookies that time where I had that banging headache, was way too much IV, rather than IM.

Although this time, although not that I could have avoided it, at least without a medical ultrasound unit, it was just enough to be very pleasant, that time it happened a while ago, that headache, bloody hell, definitely 'quick bitch' territory, if not blowing off a little steam.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3725 on: August 09, 2018, 04:32:55 PM »
Met another aspie in the wild today, I knew it before it was even mentioned. Aspie radar...it's real.  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3726 on: August 09, 2018, 04:42:07 PM »

I believe in aspie radar.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3727 on: August 09, 2018, 08:46:00 PM »
So do I.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3728 on: August 10, 2018, 12:08:53 AM »
Aspie Radar needs a cool name.

Like "Gaydar".

"Nerdar", "Spazzdar", "Dorkdar", "Rainmandar". All alternative names that suck. Can anyone do better?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3729 on: August 10, 2018, 08:44:06 AM »
I like spazzdar.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3730 on: August 10, 2018, 10:35:48 AM »
Same. I  can  usually tell when there is something 'up' in that respect, and I'm usually right.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3731 on: August 10, 2018, 12:14:57 PM »
Aspie Radar needs a cool name.

Like "Gaydar".

"Nerdar", "Spazzdar", "Dorkdar", "Rainmandar". All alternative names that suck. Can anyone do better?

I am going with spazzdar as well. It just works.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3732 on: August 10, 2018, 12:25:28 PM »
Spazzdar...I like it. :zoinks:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #3733 on: August 10, 2018, 01:06:36 PM »
Is that autism specific, or applicable to the neurodiverse?

I like it all the same. Autistic Spazzdar!
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3734 on: August 10, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »
Well it depends, some other neurodiverse there are quite obvious visual sign. E.g Down's. In which case observation alone is enough,same with the altered facies shown with other  such conditions. But I can usually sniff out an autie/aspie from a mile off.