Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 82925 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #3645 on: August 15, 2017, 08:28:49 AM »
Yup.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3646 on: August 15, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »
Love that the parents make it loud and clear for all and sundry and then shut up the kids.
Seriously. And the husband sounds like an ass. So if you take a job that requires travel, that equals you not loving your child? ::)
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3647 on: August 15, 2017, 09:23:08 AM »
Love that the parents make it loud and clear for all and sundry and then shut up the kids.
Seriously. And the husband sounds like an ass. So if you take a job that requires travel, that equals you not loving your child? ::)
Very passive aggressive. Wonder if both will move out over time or just one. Hope he will leave.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3648 on: August 15, 2017, 09:33:41 AM »
Very passive aggressive. Wonder if both will move out over time or just one. Hope he will leave.
True. In situations like this, one always hopes the nicer of the two will stay or both will leave. :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3649 on: August 15, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »
It's so much more loving to shout about it in the street, so that said child (and whole neighbourhood too) know exactky how to interpret it.
Sounds like the woman can't do right.   She needs to get shot of him, before the pair of them also ruin their kids' chances of making a good relationship.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3650 on: August 16, 2017, 01:39:30 AM »
Makes me feel positively blessed neighbor-wise. There's an older lady, who is nice enough to talk with, on friendly terms with, and on one side a high fence with some indian (as in india indian, not native american indian) or somewhere along those lines lot, hindus not muslims, they are polite, generally keep themselves to themselves, and on the closer side a young couple, the guy is decent, and the young lady is absolutely lovely, joined them for a BBQ before, and when I politely, quietly at first after introducing myself once they moved in (previous inhabitant of the house was an old, old man who died) let them know beforehand that I was a chemist and not to be alarmed if they saw me wearing/setting up/putting to work the tools of the trade, they thanked me for letting them know, and we get on well. Got to say, the young blonde is rather a stunner too. I wouldn't say anything, unless directly asked, because I wouldn't wish to even try to split them up, since they are happy together, and I'd wish ill on neither of them for my gain. But if she were single and looking for a naughty autie, I'd be there as fast as the crack of a rifleshot. I have a hunch that she has aspie tendencies too, just from quite a few subtleties, like with her plants, her gardening, things have to be just so in the right place, or 'that wouldn't feel right there, couldn't do that'. Subtle, but I wouldn't be surprised. Quite open and friendly. They are on holiday atm though, going round the world. Will be very glad to see them back again, hear about what they got upto, and see her smile again.

LOL@'horizontal sidejob'

Let me guess...one that involves a fair bit of developing of upper body strength and the core musculature? frequent worn out mattress springs?

And I couldn't agree more about the kids.  They always should be left out of such (ironically or fucking what?) childish, power games. Just isn't right. And when I see someone like that bollocking one kid for something they could see perfectly well the events taking place, as they took place, that another kid was the actor involved in whatever situation, and the innocent kid ending up looking like they feel like shit, it really does make my blood turn to acid and start seething inside. Nothing I can do about it, or say, unless its something actually serious. But generally, its the injustices, they piss me off and make me boil internally. Always have been that way.

And not checked the guy's bedroom for mosquitos? and he wanted her out of it in the first place?

I don't think its the mosquitos that are the bloodsuckers in that particular scenario hyke.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3651 on: August 16, 2017, 02:09:03 PM »
I saw 5 turkey vultures today at a local farm. Three of them were sitting on the fence posts and one of them had his wings spread open. Gorgeous wing span!
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #3652 on: August 16, 2017, 04:48:58 PM »
Three of them were sitting on the fence posts and one of them had his wings spread open.
Husband has a photo from the old house of a vulture sitting on a fence post doing that. It's a creepy photo; there's some sense of symbolism there, crucifixion pose of an angel of death, or something like that. Really like it.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3653 on: August 16, 2017, 05:47:17 PM »
Three of them were sitting on the fence posts and one of them had his wings spread open.
Husband has a photo from the old house of a vulture sitting on a fence post doing that. It's a creepy photo; there's some sense of symbolism there, crucifixion pose of an angel of death, or something like that. Really like it.
Huh. So it's not just me who thinks that sort of thing. That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it with its wings spread out...angel of death. Creepy yet cool.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3654 on: August 17, 2017, 12:07:16 AM »
Apparently it snowed up north last night.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3655 on: August 19, 2017, 07:18:49 PM »
There is a lot of weird random metal stuff buried in my yard
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3656 on: August 20, 2017, 01:18:18 AM »

Do you know who inhabited your place before you did?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3657 on: August 20, 2017, 08:18:43 AM »
Maybe one of Vulcan's apprentices.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A kleptomaniac squirrel trying to hide the evidence.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3658 on: August 20, 2017, 08:23:23 AM »

Do you know who inhabited your place before you did?

It was built in 1941 before that it was a meadow possibly farmland before that.  We are the third owners of the house  my in laws were  the second.  The first owners evidently burned their garbage and dumped the ashes from the coal stove out back.  My kids also liked to dig and make contraptions. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3659 on: August 20, 2017, 03:52:46 PM »
I'm now well versed in how to put together chain link fencing  :viking:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad