Educational

Author Topic: Ask PuppetSockPenguin!  (Read 5466 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Ask PuppetSockPenguin!
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2011, 01:07:43 PM »
Is there anywhere online we can hear your work?

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 02:26:33 PM »
if you found yourself at a karaoke, and it was 'your go'  what song would you sing?

Right now the only songs that are coming to mind are Stayin' Alive, which irritates me, and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvuKxL4LOqc

which I think is awesome, but which I can't actually sing as it goes way above my vocal range.

I don't really know too much karaoke-suited music actually; perhaps if you provided a list I could choose from it?

I dislike it too.  Just once, and i was very drunk, i had to participate with my sisters-in-law and we sang Destiny's Child very badly.  Don't worry
about answering it now,  as it was a bit of a bum question.   (i was trying to get your post count up to 500 along with a few other folks on here )  so you would become an 'Elder'

So,  well done! :2thumbsup:

blah blah blah

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 08:49:44 PM »
How are you liking all this manipulation so far? :zoinks:

I feel terribly manipulated by all these innocent, reasonable questions. Vengeance will be mine.
How did this "questions = manipulation" thing start anyway?

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 08:53:26 PM »

I've posted a couple of pieces to my YouTube channel. They are just the playback from my notation software and as such don't give a complete picture of the sound, but if anyone's really interested I could post them here.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »

I've posted a couple of pieces to my YouTube channel. They are just the playback from my notation software and as such don't give a complete picture of the sound, but if anyone's really interested I could post them here.
:2thumbsup:

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 08:56:10 PM »
if you found yourself at a karaoke, and it was 'your go'  what song would you sing?

I dislike it too.  Just once, and i was very drunk, i had to participate with my sisters-in-law and we sang Destiny's Child very badly.  Don't worry
about answering it now,  as it was a bit of a bum question.   (i was trying to get your post count up to 500 along with a few other folks on here )  so you would become an 'Elder'

So,  well done! :2thumbsup:

I was trying to get my post count to 500 last night; that's what all my posts in the quizzes forum were for.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 08:57:57 PM »

:2thumbsup:

Does that mean "Yes, post them"?
In this thread or in the Submissions forum?

P7PSP

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 08:58:40 PM »
Do you have a clarinet made of lignum vitae? If not, what is your clarinet made of?

Nope.
I have one made from hard resin and two made from grenadilla.
I see that grenadilla is related to cocobolo and has good density. I have cocobolo grips for my 1911 pistols. If someone attacked you would you bash their noggin with your grenadilla clarinet? Or would you hesitate out of consideration for your clarinet getting hurt?
You didn't answer this one PSP.

I feel terribly manipulated by all these innocent, reasonable questions. Vengeance will be mine.
It's not manipulation if we do it for your own good.  :zoinks:

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 09:20:06 PM »
Do you have a clarinet made of lignum vitae? If not, what is your clarinet made of?

Nope.
I have one made from hard resin and two made from grenadilla.
I see that grenadilla is related to cocobolo and has good density. I have cocobolo grips for my 1911 pistols. If someone attacked you would you bash their noggin with your grenadilla clarinet? Or would you hesitate out of consideration for your clarinet getting hurt?
You didn't answer this one PSP.

Unless they attacked me while I was playing it, it would waste too much time to take it out of its case. I'd bash them with the case.

It's not manipulation if we do it for your own good.  :zoinks:

That's what they all say.
I'm pretty sure I've screwed up the quoting here.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 11:25:58 PM »

Remember the sinboldly and me incident? Well she and meadow were having a personal attack war against each other during the moderator purge thing. Well meadow and I started talking in PM and then to email and I decided to get to know her and start a conversation with her so I asked her questions and she answered them all and then she said on AFF I was manipulating her so she questioned my diagnoses. She also made a big deal out of me asking her "personal" questions but the thing is if she had a problem with it, why did she answer them then? See that's what I don't get so I think she is full of games. It was duckfetishgirl that figured out when you ask her too many questions, she thinks you're manipulating her. When DFG came back to this forum and posted about how meadow flipped out at me about it, I decided to start the questions=manipulation. It's a joke of course, a way to poke fun at her. Maybe it should be a meme here now.

P7PSP

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2011, 01:54:27 AM »
Okay musicgirl, what do you think of Thijs van Leer's vocal skills? Warning: a wrong answer can get Hyke and Lutra riled up, they are nationalist and xenophobic.  :zoinks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDW9b_ejfI

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 04:03:22 AM »
Thanks for explaining that, Kit.

Okay musicgirl, what do you think of Thijs van Leer's vocal skills? Warning: a wrong answer can get Hyke and Lutra riled up, they are nationalist and xenophobic.  :zoinks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDW9b_ejfI

I will get back to you when I'm not on a connection that's at dialup speed.
What's the correct answer? Riling up xenophobic nationalists is one of my favourite things.

P7PSP

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2011, 04:12:52 AM »
He is Dutch and so are they.  :evillaugh:

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »
Ah... well... my answer is "whatever opinion is least offensive to those who might be disposed to give me a billion dollars".
Andre Rieu is also Dutch and his style of music bores me, although he can play very well.

P7PSP

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 10:10:11 PM »
Ah... well... my answer is "whatever opinion is least offensive to those who might be disposed to give me a billion dollars".
Andre Rieu is also Dutch and his style of music bores me, although he can play very well.
Interesting answer. Have you ever considered working for this dept? > http://www.dfat.gov.au/jobs/index.html They need people who duck questions.  :hahaha: