Author Topic: Couldbecousin will answer all, without fear or favor.  (Read 27489 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Couldbecousin will answer all, without fear or favor.
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2011, 01:08:10 AM »
cbc did you have any posters on your wall when you were a child?  what were they of?

also

if you had a time machine what era would you go back to?

I actually didn't have any posters on the wall at all! I'm not sure why!  :chin:

And if I had a time machine I would travel back to medieval England! I've wished for decades that I could go back to that time and place.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2011, 01:24:31 AM »
cbc did you have any posters on your wall when you were a child?  what were they of?

also

I actually didn't have any posters on the wall at all! I'm not sure why!  :chin:

And if I had a time machine I would travel back to medieval England! I've wished for decades that I could go back to that time and place.  :viking:

I keep meaning to show you this show where they go back and eat in a particular period in time. Here's the 6 parts of the medieval one, but they also do 70's, 80's, war time, Victorian....since you like eating and history!

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&rlz=1R2SKPT_enAU409&tbs=vid:1&q=supersizers+go+medieval&start=0&sa=X&ei=mM6WTa70EIryvQPl7YSBDA&ved=0CFsQlAY

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2011, 03:02:47 AM »
sorry to hijack your thread again cbc,  its just earlier someone said about 'riding in on a horse'  or something similar.  Just want tp point out
that it was actually Lady Godiva who rode into town on a horse.  Coventry actually.  She was also naked but her long hair kept her covered.

Here is a pic of the streets of Coventry - where they still ride around in the noddy today!

riding naked on a horse is  :viking:
blah blah blah

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2011, 03:26:59 AM »
I think that would be most uncomfortable!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

P7PSP

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2011, 03:53:26 AM »
sorry to hijack your thread again cbc,  its just earlier someone said about 'riding in on a horse'  or something similar.  Just want tp point out
that it was actually Lady Godiva who rode into town on a horse.  Coventry actually.  She was also naked but her long hair kept her covered.

Here is a pic of the streets of Coventry - where they still ride around in the noddy today!

:viking: :thumbup:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2011, 04:10:04 AM »

Fascinating place that Coventry. Must have to drop in there one day. Just to embrace the cultural aspects to it.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2011, 04:15:36 AM »

Fascinating place that Coventry. Must have to drop in there one day. Just to embrace the cultural aspects to it.

Yes, always best to have a hands on experience.  :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2011, 05:07:31 AM »

also

I keep meaning to show you this show where they go back and eat in a particular period in time. Here's the 6 parts of the medieval one, but they also do 70's, 80's, war time, Victorian....since you like eating and history!

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&rlz=1R2SKPT_enAU409&tbs=vid:1&q=supersizers+go+medieval&start=0&sa=X&ei=mM6WTa70EIryvQPl7YSBDA&ved=0CFsQlAY

:plus:  Fantastic, thank you very much!

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2011, 05:12:04 AM »

Do they do that every day, or just once a year?  :laugh:

People forget.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2011, 08:54:31 AM »

Every day. They're actually delivering the mail. I think we should all chip in and buy Hyke a horse and tell her to toss her knickers.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2011, 09:00:17 AM »

Every day. They're actually delivering the mail. I think we should all chip in and buy Hyke a horse and tell her to toss her knickers.

Mentally I am already there and about 10 steps in front of you CG
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Celticgoddess

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2011, 09:01:03 AM »
:lol:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2011, 02:06:13 PM »
I am inclined to agree with Sir Les. Embracing the cultural aspects of this is of great importance.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2011, 02:19:57 PM »
Yes the city of Coventry is only famous for that one thing

Lady Godiva

so they have to 'milk it'   :zoinks:
 (they only  do the horseback thing once a year, through the streets, but they have stuff going on all the time)

*only other thing Coventry is famous for is it was bombed heavily during the war

**i  lied,  anybody remember 'The Specials' and 'Fun Boy Three' ...well if you do, Terry Hall, who was the lead singer came from Coventry

....but you aren't even slightly interested about that now you know a group of women ride around naked!!

blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2011, 02:23:44 PM »
Sorry, I just read your post as "a group of women ride around naked". Anything really important in it apart from that?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein