Educational

Author Topic: Post a random truth about yourself thread.  (Read 29633 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« Reply #705 on: December 26, 2006, 09:15:54 PM »

Dads with fresh babies always get a by for a while. I'm sure I could piss her off quite a bit, too, but I don't need the negative Karma. ... and I don't mean a yay or ghey button either. I always take a hit in real life when I'm too much of an asshole and it's unwarranted. I'm much better off if I save my guile for those who deserve it.

Shit! I just noticed my yay/ghey karma is over two hundred. I didn't realize I had been that funny. I must be in a crowd of people who get my sense of humor or at least, understand it ...   ... finally.

Yeah, I've had karma come back and bite me in the ass before. I've also had good things happen to me after I've done good things for people. I can definitely say I've learned a lesson from it all, and there are some people I think who still need to learn lessons!

ozymandias

« Reply #706 on: December 26, 2006, 09:25:08 PM »

Dads with fresh babies always get a by for a while. I'm sure I could piss her off quite a bit, too, but I don't need the negative Karma. ... and I don't mean a yay or ghey button either. I always take a hit in real life when I'm too much of an asshole and it's unwarranted. I'm much better off if I save my guile for those who deserve it.

Shit! I just noticed my yay/ghey karma is over two hundred. I didn't realize I had been that funny. I must be in a crowd of people who get my sense of humor or at least, understand it ...   ... finally.

Yeah, I've had karma come back and bite me in the ass before. I've also had good things happen to me after I've done good things for people. I can definitely say I've learned a lesson from it all, and there are some people I think who still need to learn lessons!

You go Girl! :evillaugh: +

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #707 on: December 26, 2006, 09:30:17 PM »
I get totally obsessed with internet people I don't like and who don't like me.

I used to graze the WP forums completley trying to find posts by hellsing. This has also happened with about 4 other people over at WP.

I get obsessed with internet people, but it's usually because I like them or they fascinate me.

Now see, that makes a lot more sense than someone running around with their tampon string lit like a fuse. I usually try to ignore those I don't like.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 10:48:55 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #708 on: December 26, 2006, 10:34:05 PM »
your people ARE cowards afterall.

That's the other Swedes, not me. I blew up a roadsign after I was fined for violating the speed limit. Doesn't that count?  :(
did you do it in plain view of witnesses?
Misunderstood.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #709 on: December 27, 2006, 03:05:40 AM »
I get totally obsessed with internet people I don't like and who don't like me.

I used to graze the WP forums completley trying to find posts by hellsing. This has also happened with about 4 other people over at WP.

I get obsessed with internet people, but it's usually because I like them or they fascinate me.

Now see, that makes a lot more sense than someone running around with their tampon string lit like a fuse. I usually try to ignore those I don't like.

Hence I think the ignore list should be implemented.  I'm agressive, and  i've never ever understood people that aren't.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 03:25:40 AM by fatty mcblob »

Litigious

« Reply #710 on: December 27, 2006, 09:02:58 AM »

No, I'm not that much of a moron. That's not cowardice, however, that's common sense. A coward is someone who doesn't even revenge secretely. And of course I didn't want any innocent people to get hurt. Pieces of a road sign of metal are like shrapnel. The real cowards are the cops, who fine people for ridiculous "crimes" like violating the speed limits on the motorway, when they let rapists, drug dealers and mafia guys go free. It's of course much safer to pick on ordinary people...

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #711 on: December 27, 2006, 12:13:09 PM »

No, I'm not that much of a moron. That's not cowardice, however, that's common sense. A coward is someone who doesn't even revenge secretely. And of course I didn't want any innocent people to get hurt. Pieces of a road sign of metal are like shrapnel. The real cowards are the cops, who fine people for ridiculous "crimes" like violating the speed limits on the motorway, when they let rapists, drug dealers and mafia guys go free. It's of course much safer to pick on ordinary people...

The trouble is the police are often made powerless against real crime by the bureaucrats and other agencies interferrance, so a lot of the time they are only able to effectively deal with the petty 'crimes' such as speeding, etc.  It stinks.

Litigious

« Reply #712 on: December 27, 2006, 12:18:15 PM »
I know.  :(

Scrapheap

« Reply #713 on: December 27, 2006, 02:26:12 PM »

Hence I think the ignore list should be implemented.  I'm agressive, and  i've never ever understood people that aren't.

I still don't see a need for an ignore list. If you dont' like somebody, jusy "ignore" them. Coming up with an ignore function would mean a lot of work for Duncvis and as of now, I think you're the only person requesting this feature.

If you realy want an ignore function that bad, have a vote on it.

ozymandias

« Reply #714 on: December 27, 2006, 03:40:34 PM »
I'v gotten pretty good at ignoring the idiots on forums.  When I get insulted, I just consider the source and shrug it off.  Once in a while, I'd like to click a button to shut someone out.  But, since the majority here don't want it, I'll live with it.

At Fractalus, we do have it and it's set up, so that you can "unignore" the person your ignoring.  I had someone there that I was ignoring, but, when I wanted to see what they were saying on a certain subject, I would just unignore them.  That is if I was in the mood to listen or they actually had something worth listening to.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #715 on: December 27, 2006, 06:43:28 PM »
I once rescued two lambs who'd become trapped in potholes formed by an underground stream on the side of a mountain north of Arrochar.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

duncvis

« Reply #716 on: December 27, 2006, 07:01:03 PM »
I once rescued two lambs who'd become trapped in potholes formed by an underground stream on the side of a mountain north of Arrochar.

maaaaarvellous. did you take them home for the freezer?  :angel:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #717 on: December 27, 2006, 07:02:56 PM »

maaaaarvellous. did you take them home for the freezer?  :angel:

Nah, just sent them on their way to rejoin the flock.  I took me quite a while to get them out; they were heavy, the holes were deep and narrow, and they ran away from my arm.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

ozymandias

« Reply #718 on: December 27, 2006, 07:27:46 PM »
Peter, your a man after my own heart!  Pay no attention to that vile, dastardly villian Duncvis! :eyebrows:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #719 on: December 29, 2006, 10:19:15 PM »
Peter, your a man after my own heart!  Pay no attention to that vile, dastardly villian Duncvis! :eyebrows:
i thought that surely pete would have waited until they were the age of consent and then had his way with them.
Misunderstood.