Author Topic: Post a random truth about yourself thread.  (Read 29686 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« Reply #570 on: December 06, 2006, 08:33:49 PM »
I'd post my feet, but I do not like them.  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #571 on: December 06, 2006, 08:40:02 PM »
An old girlfriend, studying to be a nurse and "doing time" in an emergency room setting, once tried to get out of doing anything with feet. She hated feet, because she was hyperhygienic and people's feet are usually the most neglected body part. (Not mine ... I'm wierd about my feet ... they have to be "just right". She and I got along fine.)

I came to pick her up for lunch, just as they had become swamped with emergency patients. I heard her say to another nurse, trying to switch patients, "trade you this foot with a nail through it for that cut off hand."  :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 08:45:22 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #572 on: December 06, 2006, 08:44:10 PM »
An old girlfriend, studying to be a nurse and "doing time" in an emergency room setting, once tried to get out of doing anything with feet. She hated feet, because she was hyperhygienic and people's feet are usually the most neglected body part. (Not mine ... I'm wierd about my feet ... they have to be "just right". She and I got along fine.)

I came to pick her up for lunch, just as they had become swamped with emergency patients. I heard her say to another nurse, "trade you this foot with a nail through it for that cut off hand."  :laugh:

:LMAO:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #573 on: December 06, 2006, 09:06:39 PM »
My daughter was "freaking me out", earlier this evening. She became overly affectionate, complimenting everyone about everything, hugging all of us, telling us how important we were to her and how much she loves us, making semi-appropriate eye contact (DAMN good eye contact for a five year old autistic).

She usually hides how well she can read, somewhat, and pretends to struggle at times, because she doesn't like the idea of growing up (see, she's a really smart little girl!) and tonight she read stuff from her brother's, much more advanced, books like it was a breeze for her (which it is, but she's private about some stuff). I don't understand it at all.

What ever she went through today, we need to find more of it, because her focus and attention were outstanding! At this point, I'm assuming she's imitating a character, but it seemed so strange, maybe even NT-ish. ??? :o
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #574 on: December 06, 2006, 09:07:51 PM »
 :o

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #575 on: December 06, 2006, 10:35:25 PM »
I'd be worried if something was bothering her.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #576 on: December 06, 2006, 11:22:17 PM »
Absolutely! But it's really a more wrenching feeling than the background level of normal worry, that parents do.

Parents don't need any "reasons" to worry and something like this just blows me out of the water. I'm perplexed.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #577 on: December 07, 2006, 06:02:18 AM »
Absolutely! But it's really a more wrenching feeling than the background level of normal worry, that parents do.

Parents don't need any "reasons" to worry and something like this just blows me out of the water. I'm perplexed.

i find that i am the rock and my wife worries about everything.

meh, i simply absorb what they do from day to day, try not to invest too many emotions and work out what may be the problems, logically.  :vulcan:
Misunderstood.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #578 on: December 07, 2006, 06:25:00 AM »
Feet suck.

I bought some things today.

A dress, a bra, some spray stuff for my legs, and some chocolates for Christmas presents.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #579 on: December 07, 2006, 07:39:13 AM »
Feet suck.

A dress, a bra, some spray stuff for my legs, and some chocolates for Christmas presents.

What does that mean? Are you talking about a depilatory product in a spray?

Chocolate? I just made some fudge. It tastes good, but I want to be sure it 'sets' before I brag too much.
I wish I could make some fancy chocolate goodies like my mom used to for Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 07:41:10 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #580 on: December 07, 2006, 09:27:25 AM »
Feet suck.

will the chocolates make it under the tree this year?
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #581 on: December 07, 2006, 10:13:30 AM »
i was mud wrestling with aliens in wrong planet chat before

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #582 on: December 07, 2006, 08:55:27 PM »
i was mud wrestling with aliens in wrong planet chat before

That is both cute and hot.

In other news:  If feet sucked they might be more attractive to me.  :green:
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #583 on: December 07, 2006, 09:37:44 PM »
My daughter was "freaking me out", earlier this evening.

She was her normal autie self tonight. Whatever she was doing yesterday is over, at least for a while.

(I love quoting myself ... using myself as THE standard ... authorizing myself, myself ... approving myself, myself ... )

Scrapheap

« Reply #584 on: December 07, 2006, 09:40:27 PM »
My daughter was "freaking me out", earlier this evening.

She was her normal autie self tonight. Whatever she was doing yesterday is over, at least for a while.

(I love quoting myself ... using myself as THE standard ... authorizing myself, myself ... approving myself, myself ... )

Quit trying to be Werbert damnit!!  ;D