Author Topic: Post a random truth about yourself thread.  (Read 29718 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Re: Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2006, 11:39:26 AM »
This lump in my throat that's not going away is making me paranoid.

MAybe your missing happeh?

Um..no. It's an actual lump. I'm paranoid because it's near the spot that I had the biopsy.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Eamonn

« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2006, 11:42:22 AM »

Um..no. It's an actual lump. I'm paranoid because it's near the spot that I had the biopsy.

I take it your going to get it checked out? Though over 95% of lumps turn out not to be cancer so it looks like the odds are on your side.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2006, 11:54:14 AM »

I take it your going to get it checked out? Though over 95% of lumps turn out not to be cancer so it looks like the odds are on your side.

It was negative the last time, so I'm hoping for the same outcome. I was supposed to already have set up another appointment with the endo(whatever the hell long word it is)weeks ago, but I forgot all about it because of all the crap with my blood.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2006, 12:19:02 PM »
Im sure you will be fine Sorceress and you will get the all clear again. As Eamonn says most lumps turn out to be non-cancerous anyway or else something totally unrelated. However do make sure you get it checked out anyways, even if its just to get some peace of mind. :)

Biopsys can be so annoying, i remember when i got my lymphnoid biopsy (lymph nodes in my neck to check for lymphoma), they accidently hit a salivary gland then a blood vessel and had to repeat the biopsy again a week later until they eventually got some cells. I still have a lump just right next to where they took the biopsy funnily enough.

How long ago was your last biopsy and how near is the lump to that location?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2006, 12:34:28 PM »
Im sure you will be fine Sorceress and you will get the all clear again. As Eamonn says most lumps turn out to be non-cancerous anyway or else something totally unrelated. However do make sure you get it checked out anyways, even if its just to get some peace of mind. :)

Biopsys can be so annoying, i remember when i got my lymphnoid biopsy (lymph nodes in my neck to check for lymphoma), they accidently hit a salivary gland then a blood vessel and had to repeat the biopsy again a week later until they eventually got some cells. I still have a lump just right next to where they took the biopsy funnily enough.

How long ago was your last biopsy and how near is the lump to that location?

Did they use an ultrasound macine when they did your biopsy? They did for me and I didn't have too many problems. I had my biopsy done in February. Unfortunately, the hospitals around here can only do one or two ultrasounds a day, so I have to schedule at least a month in advance.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2006, 06:47:23 PM »
They did 2 lots of biopsys, it was a bit akward due to the area etc then the third time they gave me an ultrasound on the area whilst they waited for the results of the latest biopsy.

Yeah getting an appointment for an ultrasound scan here can be a bit of a wait too, however nothing to do with an ultrasound limit at the hospital, its more a case of the amount of patients waiting to get them.

Good luck with getting an appointment. Im sure all will be well :)

Hibakusha

« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2006, 09:57:14 PM »
I had a liver biosys 9 years ago
need to have a tooth pulled soon
all I have to do is remember the biopsys, and the tooth ache almost completely goes away.

Triste

« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »
I'm post-whoring right now.

Hibakusha

« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2006, 11:58:29 PM »
I am whoring post rught now

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2006, 12:43:46 AM »
My tooth is starting to hurt now.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2006, 12:49:58 AM »
i am at my best when the clock strikes 12 midnight!
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2006, 12:58:15 AM »
That's in two minutes, your time.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2006, 01:08:12 AM »
i know, have fun stalking me.
Misunderstood.

Triste

« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2006, 03:24:00 AM »
I outlasted McJagger tonight.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2006, 08:15:24 AM »
I outlasted McJagger tonight.

I bet that's not too hard to do in real life.