Author Topic: Post a random truth about yourself thread.  (Read 29682 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« Reply #1005 on: February 07, 2007, 10:46:14 AM »
are you a D or a DD, PI?   :P

Neither- but I'm not posting how much bigger.  :-[

You know that DD is the same cup size as E, don't you PI?

yeah, maybe for her aeriolas. :o

You love that word don't you? Me, too!
I wish it had other accepted uses, as well. Something like, "Nice job parking, Asshole ... at least you got it in the aeriola of the parking space!" comes to mind.

i like silver dollar sized ones.

since birthing our boy, my wifes are more like the size of a beverage coaster.

Time to trade her in for a younger model?
she is already 7 years younger than me?
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1006 on: February 09, 2007, 04:06:41 AM »
I kind of lost my cool, yesterday, with my son. The washer, dryer and dishwasher were all going when he came home from school. I was super stressed from dealing with the telephone, taxes, an outing, daily chores, etc and I was insensitive to his needs. He was bouncing off the walls, zipping around, doing his autistic echoing thing and stim-pacing everywhere. About the fifth time I ran into him, I raised my voice to him. I felt like a total fucking lowlife-heel, redneck moron. We talked for a half hour afterwards and things got better, for both of us. We ended up wrestling/roughhousing in his bedroom. I wish he had a real, stable man for a dad, instead of some autistic twitch like me, sometimes.

(not a whine, just an inner feeling, an intense one, that I usually hide.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 04:11:12 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1007 on: February 09, 2007, 04:28:18 AM »
You're probably a lot more understanding of him than the typical NT dad is. I think all parents snap at their kids from time to time, having kids doesn't make you less human.  I know how awful it makes you feel though when you do do it so I hope you stop feeling like shit because of it soon.

ozymandias

« Reply #1008 on: February 09, 2007, 07:10:05 AM »
I kind of lost my cool, yesterday, with my son. The washer, dryer and dishwasher were all going when he came home from school. I was super stressed from dealing with the telephone, taxes, an outing, daily chores, etc and I was insensitive to his needs. He was bouncing off the walls, zipping around, doing his autistic echoing thing and stim-pacing everywhere. About the fifth time I ran into him, I raised my voice to him. I felt like a total fucking lowlife-heel, redneck moron. We talked for a half hour afterwards and things got better, for both of us. We ended up wrestling/roughhousing in his bedroom. I wish he had a real, stable man for a dad, instead of some autistic twitch like me, sometimes.

I'v lost my cool with Amber a number of times.  Made me feel like crawling in a hole!  Your a better dad than you realize!  I'v had talks with Amber after blow ups, we're both learning as we go.

Fatherhood, it's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1009 on: February 09, 2007, 09:45:55 AM »

i cannot tell you how many times i have told my children that they deserve better than me.
other times i wonder if by my acknoweledging that i have shortcomings is a good thing simply because i have several things that i can improve upon.

haven't you ever heard that preachers kids grow into totally rebellious kids.

i also think that it matters alot about what you did afterwards.  you took the time to talk to him.  you are teaching your son that no man is perfect (which they aren't), but what a man does to atone for his mistakes is what makes him a winner or a failure.

you did right!
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #1010 on: February 09, 2007, 10:59:23 AM »
The thing is to give the kid the respect as a human being.  Which you did by talking it out.  You respected his feelings.  And gave him the chance to feel like an equal for a time.  Thats important to kids, instead of having a parent constantly harping and preaching about this that and the other things.  Eventually, they tune it out.  By listening to them, they'll usually listen back.

The problem with preachers kids, is that they don't, so the kid grows up with no respect and in turn usually doesn't give it back.  I saw it in a high school where I was a nurse.  Our biggest PIA was ..........a ministers kid.  And his older sister was a really wild girl.  She was a local driving speed demon who had more traffic tickets than hairs on her head and got knocked up at BIBLE college and wound up in a shotgun marriage.  The PIA......well, I never knew what happened to him. 

You did allright, you a better dad than you realize!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1011 on: February 09, 2007, 12:08:13 PM »

The thing I also have to do is learn to do a better job of self inventory, especially after a rough, choppy day. I yelled at him, because I was way more stressed than I even knew I was. I was not fully aware of what a gale of stress I was already tacking against. That whole thing is strictly on me for not being more aware of my own weaknesses and taking them into account. I think of the advise to airliner passengers, that in case of cabin pressure loss the oxygen masks will fall, but make sure you get yours on first and then help the others or the problems will compound.

After we talked it out, the rest of the evening was great, but it was definitely one of his more autistic-spaz days. I'm glad it was a more or less normal day for me and not one of my spaz days or I might not have caught myself as quickly. It wouldn't escalate, but I might have left him there all hollowed out for too long, if I had been in my own little world.

I appreciate the kind words, from everyone. This is a onetime shot we get with our kids and I wish I could be as patient and give as much as my father gave to me. We are big on teaching respect, or at least trying. For the most part they seem to be getting it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1012 on: February 15, 2007, 06:51:50 PM »
I've masturbated 4 times today- random enough?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1013 on: February 15, 2007, 07:54:24 PM »
i wonder why.....

doing some writing, and finishing yourself?
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1014 on: February 15, 2007, 08:05:16 PM »
I am the Truth and Light. :evillaugh:
Guardian of the Empire

ozymandias

« Reply #1015 on: February 15, 2007, 08:23:08 PM »
I've masturbated 4 times today- random enough?

Works for me ;)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1016 on: February 15, 2007, 08:38:31 PM »
I am the Truth and Light. :evillaugh:
I am Who I am
Guardian of the Empire

ozymandias

« Reply #1017 on: February 15, 2007, 08:42:18 PM »
I AM!

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1018 on: February 16, 2007, 03:59:33 AM »
i wonder why.....

doing some writing, and finishing yourself?

How did you guess??  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1019 on: February 16, 2007, 10:38:35 AM »
I'm probably going to fuck up my computer, by updating the Mobo drivers, today. I have been given an order to put the fuck up or shut the fuck up (paraphrasing). The success of properly setting up a better sound card is going to create the need to find quieter chassis fans and chipset fans, too. ::)