Author Topic: Post a random truth about yourself thread.  (Read 29638 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: Post a random truth about yourself thread.
« Reply #930 on: February 02, 2007, 02:47:28 PM »
I think I'm gonna cum in my pants, before I even get there!

That's certainly an interesting post, so did you?  :eyebrows:

ozymandias

« Reply #931 on: February 02, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »

Do you REALLY want to know or are you being a greedy little git, again! :-*

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #932 on: February 02, 2007, 06:55:50 PM »

I was JUST able to control myself ...

A working Hammond B3 has been obtained by a group of kid musicians I do some funwork with. They have a jazz band at a local church and one of the kids found the organ at the high school in a storage room. It's not on the school inventory, so until further noticed they let the kids take it to the church.

I spent about forty minutes on the phone this afternoon with one kid, cautioning (it's got over four hundred volts direct current inside it) and aiding to hook it all up properly and power it up for the first time in many years (could have been dangerous if not done with some awareness of "ancient" tube electronics), but all is well. It has apparently had a decent service upgrade sometime in the eighties, before it was stored at the school. While it may not sound like a big deal to some jazz bands, these guys are rockers and do a funky, punk style of jazz, that I really like. This behemoth will add a lot to their sound.

Stolen pic for example:

It doesn't look like much here, but this is the sound of sixties and seventies pre-Moog synthesizer rock and roll keyboards! (think >> Deep Purple's sound)I have re-worked many of these to fit in cases and cut the legs off, mounted the pedals on separate bases, removced the amps and placed all the guts in cases ... all in the name of R-n-R!!
I got to play it for a good bit today. I'm no good, but I fake it well by staying on the black keys, but I have no ability to keep rhythm, alone. :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 07:10:34 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #933 on: February 03, 2007, 02:53:35 AM »
Klaus Wunderlich rules! :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #934 on: February 05, 2007, 07:36:08 AM »
Klaus! He used to have info-mmercials offering his music on late night television. Not exactly my cup of tea, although I recognize his talent.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #935 on: February 05, 2007, 09:00:02 AM »
He really isn't mine, either, but it's a lot of fun to play a Wunderlich CD for cinema audiences and watch them try to take cover. Wunderlich playing Sinatra or Abba is about as evil as they come. :evillaugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #936 on: February 05, 2007, 09:17:02 AM »
Agreed! :laugh:

I+You

Litigious

« Reply #937 on: February 05, 2007, 10:10:46 AM »
He really isn't mine, either, but it's a lot of fun to play a Wunderlich CD for cinema audiences and watch them try to take cover. Wunderlich playing Sinatra or Abba is about as evil as they come. :evillaugh:

Whats wrong with ABBA?  ???

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #938 on: February 05, 2007, 10:53:03 AM »

Nothing, but hearing Wunderlich play Abba on the Hammond is evil.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #939 on: February 05, 2007, 11:35:58 AM »
My daughter didn't go to school today, because of the weather. She feels really left out of life, so I got her a bunch of pans and lids and wooden sppons and she is making noise. I mean NOISE! ... but I kind of like it. Her paradiddle is weak, but her flams are quite good. :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #940 on: February 05, 2007, 11:43:46 AM »

um, ghey!
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #941 on: February 05, 2007, 11:50:56 AM »
i really like the song "Dancing Queen"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #942 on: February 05, 2007, 11:51:19 AM »
I like Abba. :)  :rock:

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #943 on: February 05, 2007, 11:51:53 AM »
I like "The winner takes it all" and "Waterloo".  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #944 on: February 05, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »

um, ghey!

*Whispers* (McJ, ABBA is Swedish)

I actually did a little show with them on their (about) last trip to the states, in the early eighties. I was intrigued by the costuming. Their main tour was already done, but there were small private venues to finish up and one was in Texas. I wasn't into the music at the time. I like it OK, now that I'm matured a little.